ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 53
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:37 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem is you just don't have that long before you have to start thinking about a contract. Which, complicates things.

You've still got 2 years so we aren't there yet, but you'd like to have a pretty good idea by the end of next year.
so maybe let's talk about it the end of next year?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 01-04-2021
FUCK THE HATERS.

[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
so maybe let's talk about it the end of next year?
For sure.

But I also don't think it's wrong to feel like he'd be a bit farther along at this point.
[Reply]
-King- 03:48 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
In terms of what?
What?

In terms of play, development, growth, place in the offense, etc. What did you expect/want to see out of him this season?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:03 PM 01-04-2021
Ask yourself this, are you fine with Hardman being WR2 on this team? I know I'm not. Say what you want about Watkins, but when he's healthy he's pretty good. Overpaid yeah, but pretty good. He's been nails in the playoffs the last two years. I'm ready to move on from Sammy, but I haven't seen enough to believe Hardman can fill that WR2 void. Maybe he will become that but I'd rather FA or draft another WR to try to fill that spot.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:15 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ask yourself this, are you fine with Hardman being WR2 on this team? I know I'm not. Say what you want about Watkins, but when he's healthy he's pretty good. Overpaid yeah, but pretty good. He's been nails in the playoffs the last two years. I'm ready to move on from Sammy, but I haven't seen enough to believe Hardman can fill that WR2 void. Maybe he will become that but I'd rather FA or draft another WR to try to fill that spot.
He’s missed a shit ton of games the last 3 years and we’ve been fine without him. Sign a cheap FA WR and draft another and let’s move on from that cash anchor.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:18 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s missed a shit ton of games the last 3 years and we’ve been fine without him. Sign a cheap FA WR and draft another and let’s move on from that cash anchor.
How many has he missed in the playoffs?
[Reply]
philfree 04:21 PM 01-04-2021
Yeah I think Hardman can replace Sammy's performance next year if Sammy is no longer here. 500 yards and 3 TDs per year should be a piece of cake.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:22 PM 01-04-2021
How many has he missed in the playoffs?
Teams don't pay players $16 million dollars per just to play in a few playoff games each year.

Sammy Watkins output has been very disappointing for the past 3 seasons, especially given the $40 million he's earned during that time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:25 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Actually, this turns out not to be the case. The offense is significantly better when Watkins is on the field. By at least 4-5 points/game. This assumes we don't have run game. if we have a run game worth talking about, and a healthy Watkins on the field, all the stats point to the Chiefs scoring at least another 7-10 points/game. Take Sammy off the field and our efficiency suffers quite a bit.

But yeah, Sammy has had issues with staying healthy. I thought he might be turning a corner when he only missed 3 games last season, but then he missed 6 games this season, iirc. And KC really needs him to be healthy much more consistently.

Although, if he blows up again in the playoffs we might have to revisit the whole idea of keeping him around another year, because we certainly don't have anyone on the roster that can fill his shoes, and I still haven't seen a single realistic case made for a potential FA replacement out there to take over for him in this offense.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:28 PM 01-04-2021
Mecole is ok. But that's it. Just ok.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:40 PM 01-04-2021
Mecole has been playing WR at any level for 4 years. I think some of you just don't understand how hard it is or how long it takes to become truly expert at something as difficult as playing WR in the NFL. He's coming along, but it's going to take time. It always was going to take time for him to become proficient at WR in the NFL. Why is this so hard to understand?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:42 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, this turns out not to be the case. The offense is significantly better when Watkins is on the field. By at least 4-5 points/game.
That may have been true in previous seasons but it wasn't true in 2020.

Weeks 1-5 with Watkins: 34, 23, 34, 26, 32 (L)

Weeks 6-11 without Watkins: 26, 43, 35, 33, Bye, 35.

149 scored when points with Watkins versus 172 without.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:43 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Mecole has been playing WR at any level for 4 years. I think some of you just don't understand how hard it is or how long it takes to become truly expert at something as difficult as playing WR in the NFL. He's coming along, but it's going to take time. It always was going to take time for him to become proficient at WR in the NFL. Why is this so hard to understand?
I don't think that anyone has as difficulty understanding that Hardman has only been a WR for 4 years.

What people are having difficulty understanding is why he was taken before other wide receivers, some of whom have been more productive than Hardman.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:01 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think that anyone has as difficulty understanding that Hardman has only been a WR for 4 years.

What people are having difficulty understanding is why he was taken before other wide receivers, some of whom have been more productive than Hardman.
Okay, and that's fair.

Though I don't really see the point in arguing that "we should've taken this guy over that guy," two years after the fact. It's done. And in that moment, myself included, we thought Veach had done pretty well taking Hardman. All that's really worth talking about is what we have in this guy and whether we think it's going to work out in our favor. I think it still can and will. Though admittedly, I'm somewhat of an optimist when it comes to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 53
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up