ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 57
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:46 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
Lol this comment tells me all I need to know. You really responded with this when I said that Lamar is more marketable to a different group of people than what appears to make up the vast majority of this message board? He doesn’t intend to be marketable to you and he never will be.
And your diatribe told us all we need to know about you. Just out of curiousity, what 'different group of people' were you talking about? I suppose that 'different group of people' doesn't have any Mahomes fans in the bunch, huh? Like 'different group of people' types only live in Baltimore and not Kansas City and other midwestern cities?

I never asked Lamar (or Pat, for that matter) to be marketable to ME personally. They can BOTH market themselves to WHOEVER they choose to.

Your inference is clear and your racist stripes are showing through.

Take your bullshit elsewhere or the mods will take out the trash.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:55 PM 09-25-2020
This thread is supposed to be about the Ravens football team, how we think our Chiefs will do against them and vice versa. Not about race, BLM, market-ability and this other nonsense. Don't feed the troll/go down this stupid rabbit hole, please. I hate reading that shit, and I'd bet most of CP does as well, especially in a Lounge football thread.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:57 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He's not marketable at all, really, unless they just wanna show clips of him running around.

Lamar has mush-mouth, it's hard to understand what he's saying.
I don't agree. It's easy enough to understand what he says. He's soft-spoken and quiet. He's not an extrovert.

Being more extroverted is good for salesman type of jobs, but it's not a bad thing in general to be quiet and soft-spoken. Folks with the introvert personality can be really great at their jobs. That certainly is the case for Lamar with his primary job of playing football at an extremely high level.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:04 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
Lol this comment tells me all I need to know. You really responded with this when I said that Lamar is more marketable to a different group of people than what appears to make up the vast majority of this message board? He doesn’t intend to be marketable to you and he never will be.
So Mahomes should be more marketable to people who can’t afford his merchandise?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:10 PM 09-25-2020
https://tenor.com/view/confused-jagu...at-gif-4503901
Originally Posted by Ravens_Visitor:
That makes no sense, the Ravens have an MVP quarterback, who is arguably the biggest superstar in the game today.
Insert Jags fan WTF gif
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:17 PM 09-25-2020
That Purple Flock page - Next up: Vs the Chiefs thread.

Go there. They clearly don't know KC very well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:18 PM 09-25-2020
This thread is going places lol
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:18 PM 09-25-2020
Hot take: Lamar Jackson's voice is waaaaay more annoying than Mahomes'.

Lamar has that bizarre lisp thing that sounds like somebody eating an apple. And he's really squeaky and high pitched. People think Mahomes sounds like that, but it's just gravel in his voice combined with a deep drawl.

If I had to listen to an e-book and could choose between Lamar and Mahomes to narrate that book, I would choose Mahomes each and every time. And I think those fans who chose Lamar would soon regret their decision after about the first minute.

Only reason they would choose Lamar is because they don't know how he talks, but they're probably familiar with Mahomes from commercials and also all the jokes that have been made about how he talks.

And... yeah, for reasons related to politics, I won't get into why I think people don't make fun of Lamar's voice. Not the way he talks, mind you, but his speaking voice.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:19 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:

They live in Baltimore, by choice, intelligence is questionable at best.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:20 PM 09-25-2020
There’s a lot of rust, new young players and injury recoveries that have plagued the defenses performance so far.

Thornhill didn’t look good and I think part of it is from a lack of game time to really use his knee. It might take time.

Obviously Neimann is a disaster on 1st and 2nd down and other guys just aren’t tackling well or are making big mistakes mentally.

We have to clean up the tackling and mental mistakes. You can’t let any of the Ravens 3 RB’s get a bunch of missed tackles.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:25 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:

Just glanced over there.

The first few pages echo my points in this thread:

Ravens can’t pressure the QB consistently without blitzing. KC has one of the top pass protection lines in the league.

Ravens can’t protect the QB. KC has one for the best pass rush defensive lines in the league.

Our concerns about linebacker are minuscule compared to those concerns for the Ravens.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:48 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Just glanced over there.

The first few pages echo my points in this thread:

Ravens can’t pressure the QB consistently without blitzing. KC has one of the top pass protection lines in the league.

Ravens can’t protect the QB. KC has one for the best pass rush defensive lines in the league.

Our concerns about linebacker are minuscule compared to those concerns for the Ravens.
They don’t like their LB corps? What’s the worst problem as they see it?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:51 PM 09-25-2020
This game is one of the most important games we'll play during the regular season. With one team getting a bye this may be the deciding game. If both teams end up with identical records the winner of this game gets it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:00 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Like I said earlier...their D is nothing special. Bad matchup against Mahomes, especially now that Earl Thomas is gone.

With no crowd noise on their side, I really think we bomb the shit out of 'em.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:17 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This thread is supposed to be about the Ravens football team, how we think our Chiefs will do against them and vice versa. Not about race, BLM, market-ability and this other nonsense. Don't feed the troll/go down this stupid rabbit hole, please. I hate reading that shit, and I'd bet most of CP does as well, especially in a Lounge football thread.
Sorry. Didn’t mean to temporarily derail the thread.

Just felt the racist puke needed to be called out for . . . . . . . being a racist puke.

My apologies to all. Back to football talk.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 57
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up