ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 43
« First < 303637383940 414243 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Has there ever been a more insecure QB than Baker Mayfield?
RunKC 03:43 PM 09-27-2019
Can’t believe this guy is still being looked at as a “future star”. If anybody should be compared to Jay Cutler, it’s him.

Actually..he’s worse

He talked shit on the Texas QB while he’s in the NFL, he took shots at his old coach who wasn’t even with the team anymore and continued doing it in the offseason, he talked shit on Rex Ryan and now he’s talking shit on Instagram comments.

Good God you dumb motherfucker. You would think he spends as much time doing this petty bullshit as he does studying for a game.

He has shown talent, but man this guy is not someone you want on your team when things aren’t going well.

More reason to be thankful we have Mahomes.
Attached: 0204A3A7-19B5-47E7-8A83-FCE91141861F.jpeg (160.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:06 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Dude is going to be the Broncos starter in 2025.
Maybe in 2022.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the rams 9ers or Donkeys stuck him in just to see
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:07 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Baker Mayfield is 3-0 against Joe Burrow...

Let that sink in...
Just another reason not to pay attention to the media contrived bullshit.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:21 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Baker Mayfield is 3-0 against Joe Burrow...

Let that sink in...
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Just another reason not to pay attention to the media contrived bullshit.
Actually, it's a pretty good textbook reason why Ws and Ls aren't a QB stat.

But blaming Baker for what's happened in CAR this season is pretty low-hanging fruit. As in on the ground spoiling fruit. They don't have a team over there. Haven't had one for a while now, and then this season they gave away their best weapon and a pile of other players fired their HC and basically decided to turn the team into a dumpster fire. No QB is going to be successful in that situation. Much less a young QB brought in from CLE after an injury-riddled season.

Plus, Baker literally put CLE back on the map in his first three years there. Gave them their first double digit W season since 2007. Got to the playoffs for the first time in nearly 20 years, and won their first playoff game since 1994. Nearly beat the Chiefs, if not for a risky but very timely tackle by Dirty Dan.

Did all that with three HCs and 2 or 3 OCs to deal with at the same time. He did okay in CLE. Not his fault he keeps having to play for shitty franchises.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:39 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, it's a pretty good textbook reason why Ws and Ls aren't a QB stat.

But blaming Baker for what's happened in CAR this season is pretty low-hanging fruit. As in on the ground spoiling fruit. They don't have a team over there. Haven't had one for a while now, and then this season they gave away their best weapon and a pile of other players fired their HC and basically decided to turn the team into a dumpster fire. No QB is going to be successful in that situation. Much less a young QB brought in from CLE after an injury-riddled season.

Plus, Baker literally put CLE back on the map in his first three years there. Gave them their first double digit W season since 2007. Got to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and won a playoff game. Nearly beat the Chiefs, if not for a risky but very timely tackle by Dirty Dan.

Did all that with three HCs and 2 or 3 OCs to deal with at the same time. He did okay in CLE. Not his fault he keeps having to play for shitty franchises.
Watch him pull a Jim Plunkett in silver and black. Would not surprise me one bit.
[Reply]
backinblack 02:40 PM 12-05-2022
he sure came a long way from being in all those damn commercials
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:47 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Watch him pull a Jim Plunkett in silver and black. Would not surprise me one bit.
I don't know. He may be broken at this point.

Most of the time if a QB is drafted to a bad team with a ton of instability from top to bottom, that QB is destined to fail. Keep that QB in that type of situation long enough and you break them. Happens every year to a handful of otherwise talented QBs. Very few survive that type of shitty scenario and become quality QBs. Even Fitz-magic, who had enough talent and probably one of the most intelligent QBs in recent memory never rose above good but significantly flawed QB.

If Baker is ever going to amount to anything he needs a true QB mentor/whisperer situation, plus a decent defense a decent run game and at least three receiving weapons that are better than average.

Oh shit, except for the QB whisperer part, that does sound a little like LVR, doesn't it?

But seriously, I think he's fucked. Was from the moment he broke his shoulder last season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:59 PM 12-05-2022
Dunno... he could turn it around, but damn, he's fallen quickly.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:27 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Dunno... he could turn it around, but damn, he's fallen quickly.
Okay, I'll go down this rabbit hole; it's better than rehashing last night, anyway.

So, to begin, which teams are going to need a new QB1 next season?

Off the top of my head, that's . . .

NYJ (?)
NE
IND
HOU
ATL
NO
SF

I think that's it, right? And let's say that Sean Payton would be the new HC at one of those franchises, just to give us a little more to suppose about.

How many of those teams have the prerequisites to make such a deal and don't already have an HC or a QB already locked in:

IND
ATL
SF

In this fictitious scenario, IND looks like the most likely landing spot for both Sean and Baker just in terms of availability/needs. But besides the running game, I don't know if they have the weapons to support Baker enough.

ATL? I don't know much about them recently, except that Arhtur Smith is the HC (formerly of TEN) and Mariota sucks. They have a good run game and at least a couple receiving weapons, iirc, so maybe that'd be a decent fit.

SF. Could Baker be a system QB? Don't know. But everything is there that he'd need; the running game, the defense, the receiving weapons at all three tiers, and a pretty solid QB coach. And Baker at least would be a more talented QB than Jimmy G.

Baker could open up that offense by being able to make those throws down the sideline or deep over the middle that Jimmy just has trouble with. Maybe that would be worth the inevitable moments of inconsistency that seem to come with Baker.

Certainly, it could've won them the SB in 2019, if Baker's behind center when that deep throw down the seam needed to be completed, but hapless Jimmy overthrew the thing by 4 yards.

Maybe he could be successful in one other place: WAS. Defense, receivers, a little running game and a good HC. Similar to the ATL or the SF situation, they'd be getting a bigger more talented arm but maybe more inconsistency.
[Reply]
the steam 03:37 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Josh Allen would have crashed and burned in CLE as well.
Probably would have, Mahomes too. Not provable but who was the Browns last decent QB? Testaverde? Like 30 guys have been the Cleveland QB since and to say they just all suck at their job is a statistical impossibility, it's the awful organization that is at fault.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:05 PM 12-05-2022
He stinks. If he didn't stink he wouldn't keep getting dumped. He has a weak arm, douchebag personality and can't handle pressure. He's a screw up.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:25 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He stinks. If he didn't stink he wouldn't keep getting dumped. He has a weak arm, douchebag personality and can't handle pressure. He's a screw up.
Lolz, Baker had the 2nd or third strongest arm the year he was drafted. Clocked at 58+ mph, just a couple ticks less than Mahomes.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:29 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lolz, Baker had the 2nd or third strongest arm the year he was drafted. Clocked at 58+ mph, just a couple ticks less than Mahomes.
Bullshit. The eye test says no. He does not have an arm like Mahomes at all.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:32 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Bullshit. The eye test says no. He does not have an arm like Mahomes at all.
Which is a better tool for measuring velocity, your eyes or a radar gun? Let me think . . .

Pretty sure it can be googled. Mayfield threw for 58 mph, Mahomes for 60 or 61 or something. Also, Baker threw a 59 yard pass in his first season with CLE to Landry i think. He has a big arm. That's not debatable.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 05:55 PM 12-05-2022
Marty would have signed him simply because his wife is hot. Too soon?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:01 PM 12-05-2022
Wait, people are STILL making excuses for Baker?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 40 of 43
« First < 303637383940 414243 >
Up