ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 163
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:23 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Zeke was suspended 6 games for doing nothing
Ah, yes. That's a good example of another bad decision by Goodell.

So we've got Roethlisberger and Ezekiel Elliott suspended without any charges being filed (if I remember right), and Talib not being suspended in the same circumstance. Who else? We need to start a database.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:23 PM 04-24-2019
If he DOES get a suspension it will allow Mahomes to prove he can make every WR a star.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:23 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the clarks will still not sign him long term

we got 2 more years
I wouldn’t be completely certain there. I mean maybe, but we’ll see how they feel in a year if things have kinda just blown over.

Things are too fresh right now.
[Reply]
In58men 02:23 PM 04-24-2019
Summarizing his press conference and conclusion no charges would be filed against Tyreek Hill, DA says it was important to put "some closure on this case, so we can all move forward
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:23 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The DA just said they're sure a crime was committed but can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's all the NFL needs. We can all hope that nothing more comes of it but we won't know until the NFL says something definitive. Players have gotten suspended for less.
I simply do not believe this to be true.
[Reply]
kcjoker 02:24 PM 04-24-2019
My guess is the NFL won't suspend Hill but Godell will literally be waiting for Hill to get caught Jay walking or some other BS and put the hammer down.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:24 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is an unfortunate result.

The kid was very likely abused. More likely than not, it was Tyreek who committed the act and Crystal is incentivized to help cover it up. They both refuse to cooperate. The DA doesn't have any real witness to the incident willing to testify and thus we have this press conference.

NFL will suspend him. Chiefs probably try to weather the storm. Organization looks bad. We all will feel a little dirty cheering for him.

[Reply]
TRR 02:24 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is an unfortunate result.

The kid was very likely abused. More likely than not, it was Tyreek who committed the act and Crystal is incentivized to help cover it up. They both refuse to cooperate. The DA doesn't have any real witness to the incident willing to testify and thus we have this press conference.

NFL will suspend him. Chiefs probably try to weather the storm. Organization looks bad. We all will feel a little dirty cheering for him.
Talk about jumping to conclusions.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:24 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Ah, yes. That's a good example of another bad decision by Goodell.

So we've got Roethlisberger and Ezekiel Elliott suspended without any charges being filed (if I remember right), and Talib not being suspended in the same circumstance. Who else? We need to start a database.
Tom Brady
[Reply]
In58men 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I wouldn’t be completely certain there. I mean maybe, but we’ll see how they feel in a year if things have kinda just blown over.

Things are too fresh right now.
Exactly, if he’s involved with the public and putting himself out there to be a good model, no reason for Chiefs to get rid of him.

Like you said, it’s all fresh right now. People will calm down during the draft.
[Reply]
FringeNC 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
On second thought, I'm not sure the NFL will do anything. Goodell cares NOTHING about justice, but rather protecting the NFL brand name. I think you could make the case suspending Hill would HURT brand name because it would suggest HILL was guilty. The DA himself did not do that.

This is a tough call.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Specifically like this? Of course not.

But players get investigated by police, charges are not filed, and the player still gets suspended all the time.

The NFL doesn't have any burden of proof beyond public perception and dealing with the NFLPA.
Generally there's at least a specific allegation, though. In this case, Tyreek had only ever been vaguely "involved."

I wouldn't put it past the NFL to botch this, of course, but I don't think there's any real precedent here.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
This case doesn't even involve abusing a woman, but a child. The NFL is going to want to crush any possible bad PR on this.

Either way, Hill has a history, he is living in a home where the police are being called, children are being abused by someone under his roof, and if even if he's totally innocent he's not reporting it.

The NFL isn't going to need any more than that to want to send a strong message that they aren't going to tolerate this sort of dip****tery
[Reply]
Dante84 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
Good work, team!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
TYREEK will have a record year!!
[Reply]
Page 40 of 163
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up