ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 66
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:39 PM 04-30-2018
Here is something that may help a few of you out and kind of explains ups and downs if you have been exercising heavily.

Originally Posted by :
Teaching point I can’t resist: Following 2 days of significant caloric deficit, about 3,000 kcal in total, I should have in theory lost about a pound (mostly fat, possibly some muscle) which would have been noticed on a scale. Instead, I gained 8 pounds over those 2 days! Sure it was mostly water retention, both from the glycogen (small) and the fluid accumulating in the interstitial space (“thirds space” fluid losses, large) due to a systemic inflammatory response. This happens under extreme conditions of exercise. In fact, the harder I exercise, the more weight I gain, transiently. I am at my absolute lightest following 2 days of travel (i.e., rest). So before freaking out at the sight of the scale, keep in mind that most day-to-day weight movement in our bodies is indeed water movement into and out of the plasma and interstitial space, respectively.

[Reply]
Simply Red 01:31 PM 04-30-2018
Doing the two day Arden's Garden juice fast.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:49 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Here is something that may help a few of you out and kind of explains ups and downs if you have been exercising heavily.
My calorie goal is 2590. l went 3 days without exercising. I was still 3620 calories under goal for those 3 days. I gained 2 lbs. :-)
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:18 PM 04-30-2018
don't count calories...count carbs
[Reply]
EricBerryBoom 04:23 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Calories in calories out is the most direct way to measure your net nutrition. That said, carbs are where people tend to have calories sneak up on them.

You've got to pay attention to calories and your macro nutrients.
[Reply]
scho63 04:24 PM 04-30-2018
:-):-)

Yeah 8,000 calories a day if the carbs are low.

Do you really believe that? :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 04:34 PM 04-30-2018
Um, no
[Reply]
Frosty 04:38 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by EricBerryBoom:
You've got to pay attention to calories and your macro nutrients.
I don't give a shit about my macros except to make sure I get enough protein.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:05 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
:-):-)

Yeah 8,000 calories a day if the carbs are low.

Do you really believe that? :-)
Is that what I said? I believe not

Low-really carbs, high protein and fat and around 2000-2500 calories per day can be some good eating. You'll lose weight, especially avoiding sugar. Where we tend to mess up is high carbs/high fat lmao....cant have both. Carbs get used and fat gets stored for when the carbs are absent or have been depleted.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:48 PM 04-30-2018
you can certainly lose weight doing low carb, no question. Some find it easier - this just works best for me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:52 PM 04-30-2018
I'm walking around 10 miles a day delivering the mail now so...I eat whatever the fuck I want.

This morning I had 5 fried eggs, someone brought in donuts at work so I had two of those, snacked on some nuts, cranberries and a protein bar during the day...got home and now I'm eating tortilla chips and queso dip and drinking beer. Later I'm gonna have some cookies and milk and probably some ice cream.

Oh and I was just admiring my abs in the mirror.

[Reply]
SAGA45 07:06 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you can certainly lose weight doing low carb, no question. Some find it easier - this just works best for me.
Im the same way...try to tailor a diet to my lifestyle without breaking the core rules of it. For me, that helps me stick with it longer while still seeing results...although probably not as fast as if I followed it exactly.
[Reply]
Frosty 07:48 AM 05-01-2018
Ended up right at 2500 calories yesterday. Had a small drop in my average weight to 213.8, so a loss of 11.4 lbs in the first month. Not too bad (2.66 lbs per week).

All this talk of macros made me check out where I ended up yesterday. 368g of carbs, 154g protein and 54g fat (56%/25%/19%. I feel great. The Keto Klown Posse can bite me. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:50 AM 05-01-2018
The juice fast starts now. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:53 AM 05-01-2018

[Reply]
Page 40 of 66
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up