« First < 303637383940 414243445090 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:32 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Give him a week and Dorsey could go out to the nearest shopping mall and find those guys.
He's had 3 seasons to replace Hali and get someone inside to help and replace DJ....
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:32 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Alex Smith will take over the duties of both GM and starting QB
He'd never draft a WR; he'd look at the board, grow nervous and pick a RB.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:32 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think it reasonable to say that Clark knows this is not good but what was lying ahead was going to be the same or worse. This was a "cut your losses" type of deal, obviously.
Lets not say obviously. There are plenty of ways this could have gone down that we aren't looking at some obvious event.

But lets say that your reasonable theory is correct. Clark knew Ballard was at risk of leaving. Clark also had to know about the possible threat of GB for Dorsey. We all heard the rumors.

So Clark has to decide before Ballard leaves

A)Do I want Dorsey long-term to be willing to lose Ballard.

B)If I want Dorsey, do I trust that he will stay.

If this is the case, then Dorsey lied to Clark. If Dorsey didn't lie, than Clark either waited until after Ballard left to evaluate Dorsey or Clark didn't look into the extension issue before Ballard left.

If Dorsey lied to Clark then he is an ass. If Clark was willing to part ways with Dorsey because of recent moves than he should have just kept Ballard. If Clark didn't look into the extension issue until after Ballard left..... well I'm going to assume Clark isn't that dumb.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:33 PM 06-22-2017
Let's try and find the bright side to this. Maybe Reid will give up the play calling since he has to focus on more of the personnel issues?

[Reply]
Meatloaf 04:34 PM 06-22-2017
Didn't go through the whole thread, but my take on this is that perhaps Dorsey wanted some sort of "out" in his contract should something open up at GB. Clark wanted a long term commitment. And, in the end, they could not agree. So, Clark decided to go find him a long term answer....now.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 04:34 PM 06-22-2017
I'm sure it's already been asked, but why the fuck didn't we fire Dorsey earlier and keep Ballard?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:34 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:35 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
I'm sure it's already been asked, but why the fuck didn't we fire Dorsey earlier and keep Ballard?
Because the Chiefs had no idea Dorsey was going to be a twat/Reid was going to power fuck his way to the top when Ballard was shopping around.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:36 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Maybe because more power was part of Reid's contract extension that just happened.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:36 PM 06-22-2017
Of course he isn't. Everyone on here spends season after season criticizing every facet of this team until someone gets let go. Then suddenly we have the best of the best of the best and how dare we.

Doresy and Ballard are replaceable.
That doesn't apply to Dorsey and you know it. Dorsey had a ton of support on here.

They may be replaceable, but it won't be easy. I don't like the odds of us finding someone better than them. Even if we do happen into that, this is still not handled right. Either Dorsey screwed us, Clark mishandled this, or Clark thinks he always had a replacement in house if necessary. Otherwise Clark is taking a risk replacing him when he could have had Ballard.

Let's try and find the bright side to this. Maybe Reid will give up the play calling since he has to focus on more of the personnel issues?
You really believe Reid will be giving up some control or power as a net result of this?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:36 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
And there it is.
Thats from 2013
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:37 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Can't wait to hear the real story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I doubt we ever will know everything.

George posted the letter from Clark which is now the "Official" story according to the Chiefs.

Dorsey won't bad-mouth the Chiefs and his old friend Andy, especially while looking for a job.

If Dorsey signs on with Greenbay by the end of the week- we will know the Real story of why it went down like this. Actions will tell the truth not words.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:37 PM 06-22-2017
He's had 3 seasons to replace Hali and get someone inside to help and replace DJ....
He was busy discovering Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones. He was about to get to those other issues.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:38 PM 06-22-2017
This is the equivalent of dating a girl way out of your league only to get dumped.

No other GM will ever be good enough for me.
[Reply]
3rd Quarter 38-10 04:38 PM 06-22-2017
Scott Pioli has been successful everywhere he has been except...

There is another problem in KC!
[Reply]
Page 40 of 137
« First < 303637383940 414243445090 > Last »
Up