ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 42
« First < 303637383940 4142 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017 NASCAR and F1 Racing Thread *****
GloryDayz 09:19 AM 01-15-2017
Since my boy Jimmie Johnson has begun putting rings on his other hand, And Dylan's now retired guy Nico won it all on the F1 stage, let's get the 2017 racing season started with a tribute to their awesomeness...

2017 NASCAR CUP SERIES SCHEDULE

18-Feb <---> Daytona International Speedway (Unlimited)
19-Feb <---> Daytona International Speedway (Daytona 500 Qualifying)
23-Feb <---> Daytona International Speedway (Duel)
26-Feb <---> Daytona 500
5-Mar <---> Atlanta Motor Speedway
12-Mar <---> Las Vegas Motor Speedway
19-Mar <---> Phoenix International Raceway
26-Mar <---> Auto Club Speedway
2-Apr <---> Martinsville Speedway
9-Apr <---> Texas Motor Speedway
23-Apr <---> Bristol Motor Speedway
30-Apr <---> Richmond International Raceway
7-May <---> Talladega Superspeedway
13-May <---> Kansas Speedway
20-May <---> Charlotte Motor Speedway (NASCAR All-Star Race)
28-May <---> Charlotte Motor Speedway
4-Jun <---> Dover International Speedway
11-Jun <---> Pocono Raceway
18-Jun <---> Michigan International Speedway
25-Jun <---> Sonoma Raceway
1-Jul <---> Daytona International Speedway
8-Jul <---> Kentucky Speedway
16-Jul <---> New Hampshire Motor Speedway
23-Jul <---> Indianapolis Motor Speedway
30-Jul <---> Pocono Raceway
6-Aug <---> Watkins Glen International
13-Aug <---> Michigan International Speedway
19-Aug <---> Bristol Motor Speedway
3-Sep <---> Darlington Raceway
9-Sep <---> Richmond International Raceway
17-Sep <---> Chicagoland Speedway
24-Sep <---> New Hampshire Motor Speedway
1-Oct <---> Dover International Speedway
7-Oct <---> Charlotte Motor Speedway
15-Oct <---> Talladega Superspeedway
22-Oct <---> Kansas Speedway
29-Oct <---> Martinsville Speedway
5-Nov <---> Texas Motor Speedway
12-Nov <---> Phoenix International Raceway
19-Nov <---> Homestead-Miami Speedway

2017 F1 SERIES SCHEDULE

26-Mar <---> Melbourne, Australia
9-Apr <---> Shanghai, China
16-Apr <---> Bahrain, Bahrain
30-Apr <---> Sochi, Russia
14-May <---> Barcelona, Spain
28-May <---> Monte Carlo, Monaco
11-Jun <---> Montreal, Canada
25-Jun <---> Baku, Azerbaijan
9-Jul <---> Spielberg, Austria
16-Jul <---> Silverstone, United Kingdom
30-Jul <---> Budapest, Hungary
27-Aug <---> Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
3-Sep <---> Monza, Italy
17-Sep <---> Singapore, Singapore
1-Oct <---> Sepang, Malaysia
8-Oct <---> Suzuka, Japan
22-Oct <---> Austin, USA
29-Oct <---> Mexico City, Mexico
12-Nov <---> Sao Paolo, Brazil
26-Nov <---> Abu Dhabi, UAE
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:16 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Just got home from the race today here in Austin. I am not an F1 fan and do not know much about their rules but my sister had a ticket and needed someone to go with her. It was a pretty fun 2 days. We sat by the chicanes (turns 3,4,5) which was cool although not a lot of actual action.

We were most of the way out when someone mentioned the 5 second penalty negating that amazing pass on the last corner. I still am not sure how that worked. I think it was that all 4 tires went outside the lines, not that he became airborne.
That's how I understand it, it's because all four tires were off the course and that enabled him to pass.
[Reply]
Dylan 06:38 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Just got home from the race today here in Austin. I am not an F1 fan and do not know much about their rules but my sister had a ticket and needed someone to go with her. It was a pretty fun 2 days. We sat by the chicanes (turns 3,4,5) which was cool although not a lot of actual action.

We were most of the way out when someone mentioned the 5 second penalty negating that amazing pass on the last corner. I still am not sure how that worked. I think it was that all 4 tires went outside the lines, not that he became airborne.
Lucky you, Hydrae. I am scheduled to travel to Dubai and then on to Abu Dhabi for Formula 1's last race this season.

Max Verstappen F1 US GP penalty 'the worst decision ever' - Niki Lauda
Originally Posted by :
Mercedes Formula 1 chairman Niki Lauda has called Max Verstappen's penalty for going off track when passing Kimi Raikkonen in the United States Grand Prix the worst decision he's ever seen.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...st-ever--lauda
Originally Posted by :
According to Formula 1, Max last-lap pass of Kimi Raikkonen looked to have claimed third place on the very last lap of Sunday's race in Austin - only for the stewards to bump the Dutchman back to fourth again after they adjudged him to have left the track and gained a lasting advantage.
Max had a clean overtake of Kimi - International Formula 1 sportswriters watched the replay from every angle and came to the conclusion that Max claimed third place.

Excerpt: Red Bull slam stewards’ inconsistency after Verstappen penalty
Originally Posted by :
Verstappen looked to have snatched third when he bravely dived past Raikkonen three corners from the flag, but as the Dutchman was awaiting to go onto the podium it emerged that the stewards had handed him a five-second time penalty for making the pass with all four wheels off the track, dropping him back behind the Finn.

Speaking afterwards, an angry Verstappen, who had risen from 16th on the grid, reacted to what he considered double standards in how the stewards had policed similar incidents.

“The whole weekend you can run off track wherever you want,” he said. “That’s fine if it’s like that - it’s the same for everyone so you can do your thing.

“I had a good fight with Bottas where he ran off track, came back on in front of me and I had to overtake him afterwards but there are no penalties given.

“Be clear about it, If you say we have to stay between the white lines, we’ll stay within the white lines. It’s very simple. We need more consistency. At the end of the day let us race – it’s 5cm over.

“Everyone was loving it – it was a great show. Like I said, be consistent. If it’s not allowed then I understand and I finish fourth. But don’t say to everyone else you can run off the track wherever you like, because they never gave any penalties and then I do it and they give me a penalty.”

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner echoed Verstappen’s sentiments, stressing that similar incidents appeared to go unpunished.

“For me it was hard, fair racing," he said. That’s bad judgement from the stewards to have made that call. [Max] did it the hard way – we’ve seen cars off track all day today, all weekend. To penalise him at this stage, that’s not right.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...n-penalty.html
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:46 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Dylan:
Lucky you, Hydrae. I am scheduled to travel to Dubai and then on to Abu Dhabi for Formula 1's last race this season.

Max Verstappen F1 US GP penalty 'the worst decision ever' - Niki Lauda

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...st-ever--lauda

Max had a clean overtake of Kimi - International Formula 1 sportswriters watched the replay from every angle and came to the conclusion that Max claimed third place.

Excerpt: Red Bull slam stewards’ inconsistency after Verstappen penalty

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...n-penalty.html
For people who live on the rumble strips, this seems very tikki-tack. I guess the key is "he was passing"! Fucking stupid! F1 has enough issues with too little passing, this doesn't help.

[Reply]
Dylan 07:23 PM 10-22-2017
F1 stewards pull this nonsense all the time unless the driver is competing for a championship title. Vettel gets away with severe penalties on the circuit all the time.

2017 Baku GP:

Originally Posted by :
Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel exchange bumps on-track and words off it as the title race gets heated during a chaotic race in Baku.

Reports in Germany claim Vettel's lead of the world championship, and the reluctance of the stewards to interfere with the title battle, may have been a factor in them only imposing a 10-second stop-and-go penalty amid reports the title leader should have been disqualified.

Sebastian Vettel escaping disqualification during the 2017 Singapore GP:

It happened, there’s not much you can do, and therefore not much point in trying to look at it again and again. - Sebastian Vettel

Originally Posted by :
Sebastian Vettel has indicated he has no plans to change his approach at the start of races based on what happened in Singapore, describing the costly crash which eliminated him from the last round as ‘part of racing’.

The Ferrari driver lost major ground in the race for the world title at Marina Bay after clashing with team mate Kimi Raikkonen and Max Verstappen off the line, leaving the door open for rival Lewis Hamilton to win the Grand Prix and extend his championship lead to 28 points.

The stewards ruled that nobody was predominantly to blame for the incident, but both drivers pointed the finger at Vettel for squeezing them in an attempt to maintain his position.

[Reply]
Dylan 07:53 PM 10-22-2017
The penalty handed down to Verstappen had to do with him crossing over the white line when overtaking Kimi. "It was normal overtaking," tires never left the ground. :-)

Niki Lauda is Mercedes chairman says, "The decision to penalise Max Verstappen at the U.S. Grand Prix as the worst ruling he has ever seen in Formula One."

Max drives for Red Bull Racing.

Originally Posted by :
"If the driver goes over another and [ends up] upside down, only then would they weigh in. That was at the beginning of last year. For six months it was OK, but this decision today was the worst I've ever seen. He [Verstappen] did nothing wrong. These are racing drivers and we are not on the normal roads and it is ridiculous to destroy the sport with these kind of decisions.

"At the next strategy meeting we will put it back on the agenda and start all over again, because we cannot do that. They go too far and interfere and there was nothing to interfere with. It was normal overtaking."

The vast run off around the majority of the Circuit of the Americas enables drivers to stray beyond the white lines, but rather than blame circuit design, Lauda believes the stewards should apply common sense.

"But why can you not drive over white lines if it is possible? Build a wall there if you want, but as long as there is normal circuit you can use it. The white line is not a limit, we agreed this last year. It was all agreed and now this. I think it's wrong, completely wrong."
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/21...t-ever-seen-f1

Glorydayz, you started the rumor that Max's tires left the ground...and then the forum crashed. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:06 PM 10-22-2017
The penalty handed down to Verstappen had to do with him crossing over the white line when overtaking Kimi. "It was normal overtaking," tires never left the ground. :-)

Niki Lauda is Mercedes chairman says, "The decision to penalise Max Verstappen at the U.S. Grand Prix as the worst ruling he has ever seen in Formula One."

Max drives for Red Bull Racing.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/21...t-ever-seen-f1

Glorydayz, you started the rumor that Max's tires left the ground...and then the forum crashed. :-)
That wasn't me, I was passing along what the commentators was saying was wrong with the pass.

Either way, sporting officials suck dick in the modern era. From the NFL, the MLB, to (now) F1, officials are trying to be players of the sport they officiate.
[Reply]
Dylan 08:25 PM 10-22-2017
@ GloryDayz :-)

Did our guy finally fall asleep? :-)

God love you, GloryDayz - You have the patience of a saint.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:30 PM 10-22-2017
@ GloryDayz :-)

Did our guy finally fall asleep? :-)

God love you, GloryDayz - You have the patience of a saint.

Spoiler!
I deal with retards a lot, he's soft even by muffin standards.
[Reply]
Mav 10:12 PM 10-22-2017
So both Keslowski and Blaney make the elite 8. I can’t wait to see Blaney in the 12 next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dylan 10:45 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
So both Keslowski and Blaney make the elite 8. I can’t wait to see Blaney in the 12 next season.

Hey Mav, :-)

You forgot to tell us the names of the other six drivers that are competing in the Chase.

I was under the impression that four drivers faced elimination at the conclusion of today's race.
[Reply]
Mav 01:11 AM 10-23-2017
Hey Mav, :-)

You forgot to tell us the names of the other six drivers that are competing in the Chase.

I was under the impression that four drivers faced elimination at the conclusion of today's race.

Do I have to? . How are ya? I’d guess that Truex Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth Hamlin and Harvick are the others, but honestly I have no idea.

[Reply]
Mav 01:12 AM 10-23-2017

Just for you Dylan

[Reply]
Dylan 06:39 PM 10-23-2017
Thanks, Mav:

I see my boy is still alive in the Chase
[Reply]
Dylan 08:31 PM 10-29-2017
How did I miss the Mexican GP? I thought F1 was off this week...and my boy wins. I cannot believe I missed the race.

Mexican GP: Max Verstappen takes win as Lewis Hamilton claims title

Verstappen seals second win of 2017 in chaotic race; Hamilton becomes four-time champion despite finishing ninth;
Vettel and Hamilton collided on first lap; Four Renault engine DNFs

Lewis Hamilton wins fourth Formula 1 world championship title

Hamilton was hit by title rival Sebastian Vettel on the opening lap of the Mexican GP but secured the championship
after fighting back into the points while the Ferrari driver only finished fourth.

Formula 1's most successful champions
Michael Schumacher 7
Juan Manuel Fangio 5
Alain Prost 4
Sebastian Vettel 4
Lewis Hamilton 4

Congratulations to Ham on his fourth F1 world championship. Happy for his brother, Nicholas.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:46 PM 10-29-2017
How did I miss the Mexican GP? I thought F1 was off this week...and my boy wins. I cannot believe I missed the race.

Mexican GP: Max Verstappen takes win as Lewis Hamilton claims title

Verstappen seals second win of 2017 in chaotic race; Hamilton becomes four-time champion despite finishing ninth;
Vettel and Hamilton collided on first lap; Four Renault engine DNFs

Lewis Hamilton wins fourth Formula 1 world championship title

Hamilton was hit by title rival Sebastian Vettel on the opening lap of the Mexican GP but secured the championship
after fighting back into the points while the Ferrari driver only finished fourth.

Formula 1's most successful champions
Michael Schumacher 7
Juan Manuel Fangio 5
Alain Prost 4
Sebastian Vettel 4
Lewis Hamilton 4

Congratulations to Ham on his fourth F1 world championship. Happy for his brother, Nicholas.
Youth opening weekend for deer and hockey... Lots of driving, lots of fun, no real TV time.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 42
« First < 303637383940 4142 >
Up