ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:17 AM 06-04-2007
I think Paulie is looking to be the rat, or they are putting him up there to look like it.

He's had prior talks w/ NY about his displeasure w/ Tony about money before and at the end of one episode was on the phone talking about his displeasure.

In the last episode, a few things you notice. 1st- when he's told about the plan he gets pissed about this going down and gets into it w/ Sil & Bobby.

When helping Tony pack up, he doesn't seem too worked up about any threat and takes the time to ramble on about AJ's hot little number out in the driveway.

The NY crew says they wanna take out the top 3 guys. Paulie has been around for ages, and yet they decide Tony, Sil, & Bobby - are the top 3 guys.

Paulie was more in line with Phil's attitude regarding Vito, and didn't agree with Tony's decision making in terms of handling a lot of decisions including favoring Chrissy.

After they think Phil was whacked, Paulie makes mention of the fact he's gonna take a long vacation. If he screwed up the hit and knew it wasn't done, he could easily be seeing it as a way to stay out of the fray- which he said he was around in the 70's during the last families war and wanted no part of it.

Paulie is just the type of putz that would bring down the crew and be left in charge as a puppet, which would be very fitting in terms of a Shakespearian ending.

That said- won't be surprised if it goes a completely different way.

No way do I buy that Sil was a rat, he's been more loyal to Tony throughout the series than any other guy.
You see next week there's a point with Paulie and Tony are together in a car as lights approach- I could totally see this as the Judas kiss moment.
[Reply]
Wile_E_Coyote 11:19 AM 06-04-2007
I will guess that JR will break out the state hospital they move him to(because his banked money is gone) & kills off Tony
[Reply]
Pushead2 11:20 AM 06-04-2007
I like the last 2 posts.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:28 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement:
You see next week there's a point with Paulie and Tony are together in a car as lights approach- I could totally see this as the Judas kiss moment.
I think we are suppose to make that jump in belief from the previews. But it could be to throw off the spoilers. I saw a interview with David Chase where he said that they filmed 3 full and different endings and they could even combine parts of each in the final edit.
[Reply]
boogblaster 11:59 AM 06-04-2007
Paulie couldn't plan a picnic..Tony is coming out of hiding, guns a-blazing....
[Reply]
noa 12:06 PM 06-04-2007
I don't care how it ends, just as long as Phil Leotardo and his friend with the crazy eyes get what's coming to them
[Reply]
Wile_E_Coyote 12:08 PM 06-04-2007
I hate that little Peter Lorre toadie
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:14 PM 06-04-2007
I just hope that Tony and crew at LEAST get to hit back and hard for Sil and Bobby, with a final showdown between Phil and Tony.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:18 PM 06-04-2007
I'm so out of the loop. I should really watch the damn seasons before asking stoopid questions, but here goes.....

This deal with Tony & Phil.....is this a fairly new confrontation or is this something that has been going on for quite awhile?
[Reply]
noa 12:23 PM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm so out of the loop. I should really watch the damn seasons before asking stoopid questions, but here goes.....

This deal with Tony & Phil.....is this a fairly new confrontation or is this something that has been going on for quite awhile?
When Phil went to the hospital, he and Tony had a heart to heart and Tony thought they had an understanding that its best to maintain a good relationship. Phil comes out of the hospital and starts getting pissed over the fact that he's had to wait this long to be in power, that he had to go to jail and Tony never did, that Tony disrespected him (Phil's dead brother, Tony hiding Vito, etc.) Phil also has an annoying guy with crazy eyes whispering in his ear that its best to take out Jersey and just worry about the five families.
[Reply]
Kylo Ren 01:03 PM 06-04-2007
My wife wants the "good" bad guys to win and not the "bad" bad guys. She hates Phil and his crew and wants Tony's crew to clean the floor with them. It's funny that we are all rooting for a murdering thug.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:14 PM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan:
My wife wants the "good" bad guys to win and not the "bad" bad guys. She hates Phil and his crew and wants Tony's crew to clean the floor with them. It's funny that we are all rooting for a murdering thug.
I think about that from time to time. There are no good guys on this show. Nobody worth rooting for. Tony is an abusive, murderous, cheating on his wife bastard. But, I like him better than all the other abusive, murderous cheating on their wives bastards.

...I still want AJ to bite it though...
[Reply]
RJ 02:05 PM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
I'm guessing that Sil will be voice his displeasure with Tony in the next episode because Tony is letting personal feelings and vendettas get in the way of business, which hurts everyone else in his crew..

Ok, I remember in the previews two weeks ago there was a clip where Sil appeared to be sort of chastising Tony but I didn't see that scene last night? Did I miss it or did it not happen? If it did happen what was the context? If it didn't.......?
[Reply]
eazyb81 02:07 PM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by RJ:
Ok, I remember in the previews two weeks ago there was a clip where Sil appeared to be sort of chastising Tony but I didn't see that scene last night? Did I miss it or did it not happen? If it did happen what was the context? If it didn't.......?
Yeah I don't think it happened, i've heard that they have tried to add some stuff in the previews that doesn't happen just to keep everyone guessing.
[Reply]
wutamess 02:47 PM 06-04-2007
Everyone is so full of shit.
This entire thing is a lead on.
Millions of plots haven't unfolded and We're all guessing at what if conspiracy finale endings.

I'm guessing that the un expected will happen.
The previews from last night showing Phil in the light & Tony & Paulie in the dark as the headlights come up seem to want us to think along the lines that Phil got rid of them all.

I'm thinking the Phil preview is when Tony's crew finally catches up with Phil and that's Phil's final moment.

Either way... This is probably going to be the best episode ever.

Quick ?: Why didn't they kill A.J. last season so we wouldn't have to deal with any more scenes with him anymore?
[Reply]
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up