ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 663
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140540 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Shogun 10:58 AM 10-28-2010
Its really amazing to think how much money the UFC has, All of these guys who were getting paid like 2-5 thousand a fight will be getting paid much more now that they are officially apart of the UFC. Jose aldo likely going to be making as much as all the other champs now, not to mention Dominick Cruz. And potentially adding a Flyweight class to the UFC? This is amazing news.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:38 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by TrickyNicky:
Long overdue. The Featherweight and Lightweight championship races in WEC for the past 2 years has been the most captivating storyline in MMA, imo.
Dana is a freakin business genius, he may be a complete prick but he has built an empire with shrewd decisions and relentless promotion. It doesn't hurt that he has the cash backing from the Fertitta's to drive everyone else out as well.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 11:41 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by Shogun:
Its really amazing to think how much money the UFC has, All of these guys who were getting paid like 2-5 thousand a fight will be getting paid much more now that they are officially apart of the UFC. Jose aldo likely going to be making as much as all the other champs now, not to mention Dominick Cruz. And potentially adding a Flyweight class to the UFC? This is amazing news.
Sounds like "little people" MMA.

From wikepedia:
Originally Posted by :
Flyweight is a class in boxing which includes fighters weighing less than 112 lb (51 kg) but above 108 lb (49 kg).

[Reply]
Shogun 12:23 PM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
Sounds like "little people" MMA.

From wikepedia:
Flyweight is 125 in MMA lol
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 12:42 PM 10-28-2010
I would still watch little people MMA. Although you would kind of have to reinstate headbutts, or the fights would all be draws.
[Reply]
Otter 02:01 PM 10-28-2010
Since we're on this thread once again (that's a good thing), what's your guys opinion on Carlos Condit?

I'm liking this guy for the same reasons I fell in love with Ortiz. He's not a huge guy, just knows how to ****ing brawl. Intense MF too, he looks at guys when they step in the octagon like they just kicked his dog. After looking at his disciplines I can't believe he doesn't have a wrestling background after watching a couple of his fights.

Seeing him knockout "Mr. T" Dan Hardy brought a smile to face. Especially after Hardy talked so much shit. You'd think Hardy was stepping into the ring with some guy off the street the way he was talking shit.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:03 PM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by Otter:
Since we're on this thread once again (that's a good thing), what's your guys opinion on Carlos Condit?

I'm liking this guy for the same reasons I fell in love with Ortiz. He's not a huge guy, just knows how to ****ing brawl. After looking at his disciplines I can't believe he doesn't have a wrestling background after watching him fight.

Seeing him knockout "Mr. T" Dan Hardy brought a smile to face. Especially after Hardy talked so much shit. You'd think Hardy was stepping into the ring with some guy off the street the way he was talking shit.
I like Condit, but honestly Dan Hardy talking shit is the only reason casual fans gave a shit about that fight. It's all in the promo baby
[Reply]
Otter 02:06 PM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I like Condit, but honestly Dan Hardy talking shit is the only reason casual fans gave a shit about that fight. It's all in the promo baby
Yeah, I understand that aspect but I don't like the WWF style cheese it brings. I think your chances of crying "mommy" if shit goes wrong are about 100x more likely in MMA. Shits fo real.

That's why you don't talk shit.

EDIT: according to WIKI he's 6' 2" - no way he looks that big.
:-)
[Reply]
Shogun 02:57 PM 10-28-2010

I'm liking this guy for the same reasons I fell in love with Ortiz. He's not a huge guy, just knows how to ****ing brawl. Intense MF too, he looks at guys when they step in the octagon like they just kicked his dog. After looking at his disciplines I can't believe he doesn't have a wrestling background after watching a couple of his fights.

When he was the WEC WW champ I was pretty pissed that when they absorbed the WW talent into the UFC they didn't give him a unification bout with GSP ( Maybe it was Serra at the time ) to unify the belts like they're doing with Ben Henderson. I love Condit and he has the skills to be the champion, and he won against Kampmann IMO, His shot should happen soon if he continues beating guys like he has been.
[Reply]
Shogun 02:57 PM 10-28-2010

I don't know why they do this, but they do it to A LOT of fighters and their profiles
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:04 PM 10-28-2010
When he was the WEC WW champ I was pretty pissed that when they absorbed the WW talent into the UFC they didn't give him a unification bout with GSP ( Maybe it was Serra at the time ) to unify the belts like they're doing with Ben Henderson. I love Condit and he has the skills to be the champion, and he won against Kampmann IMO, His shot should happen soon if he continues beating guys like he has been.
Ben Henderson is going to have all he wants just getting past Anthony Pettis. I'm not sure he's ready for Edgar or even some of the top tier guys like Florian.
[Reply]
Shogun 03:11 PM 10-28-2010
Ben Henderson is going to have all he wants just getting past Anthony Pettis. I'm not sure he's ready for Edgar or even some of the top tier guys like Florian.
Imo Varner would've beaten him if they had their rematch.
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 03:13 PM 10-28-2010
I'm done betting against Henderson. The guy just seems to win despite the odds. That said, the gap between the WEC LW's and the top of the food chain UFC LW's could be pretty damn big.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:14 PM 10-28-2010
Imo Varner would've beaten him if they had their rematch.
I have lost some respect for Varner of late, I doubted the validity of his injury in the first fight with Cerrone
[Reply]
Shogun 03:15 PM 10-28-2010
I have lost some respect for Varner of late, I doubted the validity of his injury in the first fight with Cerrone
I don't get why people continue to use this, Its clear in the replays from the right side angle that he was infact hit. Dude had to get Retina surgury, and he did. He was hit.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 663
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140540 > Last »
Up