ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 197
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
sedated 12:38 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And then what? His average cap hit per year is $30 million. First year cap hit would probably be something like $17 million but then what?

His cap hits in 2023 and 2024 will be around $35 million.

So your QB and WR alone take up about $75 million in 2023. That’s 35% of your cap On two players.

Even if Patrick restructures that’s probably still 25% of your money on only 2 players.

You realize how insane that is right?
KC isn't the only one going through this - when GB was facing that option they also got rid of their star WR.

Because its the smart choice. Its really the only choice there was.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Chiefs remain the #3 betting favorite to win the SB right now (behind BUF and TB) are the Hill deal. They're not out of the picture to be sure. Mahomes is that good.
And yet they have an opportunity to build something special for the next few years.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:39 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
ESPN grade:
This makes me like the trade more... There grades are usually trash.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:39 PM 03-23-2022
It sucks, no doubt about it, tough pill to swallow. But when you're paying certain positions a bulk of the cap, you have to try and read the tea leaves. You would have had to replace Tyreek eventually, who knows if talks broken down, if the relationship was damaged beyond repair, if both sides were bull headed with Tyreek set on $30 million per year and Veach set on another FA or two, it sucks.

Tyreek is gone now, gotta replace him and I hope they've been doing their homework and have a receiver pegged. Unless you hit a diamond in the rough, you aren't replicating production like Hill, not playstyle or speed, but production, the numbers he produced. I would be okay for them to use their picks to trade up to get one that they truly believe in.

Garrett Wilson
Drake London
Jameson Williams
Chris Olave
Treylon Burks
Jahan Dotson

All slated to come off the board before your picks at 29 and 30. If this trade was to rebuild the defense with young talent, then that's your mission, but Veach is in the seat now. You trade away one of the Big 3 on any team, you better produce afterwards. Veach has already kinda flubbed this off season in the minds of many, if it's a bad draft class and the team is noticeably worse, and the slide continues from our Super Bowl win, to Super Bowl loss, to home AFC Championship loss, to Divisional round or worse loss, then all the blame centers on Veach.
[Reply]
TEX 12:39 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And btw many of the people moaning right now about Hill going and the comp we received are the same pricks who were baying for his blood the day the tape came out..and now you're yapping? All of you can feck off.
Not me. Im so PISSED. I'm not going to get over it either.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:39 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they trade away Tyreek for Jameson Williams, Veach should officially be on the hotseat. No way do you take a WR with an injury when you have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in this draft.
he’s likely going in the top 15 and I have no interest in going that far to get him, but if he slips past NE, GAME ON.

You are SEVERELY underrating the kid.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I could be wrong but I just don’t see it happening.

I think Veach saw a draft that was as deep as it’s been in a while and he wanted as many shots as it as he could get.
exactly right.

Look at the third and 4th rounds of this drafts mocks. TONS of talent that seems like they would be 2nd or even first rounders in some drafts. Especially with WRs and DL…the positions we need the most.

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I've changed my mind and wouldn't be opposed to seeing us pick up a RB at some point.
I love the idea of Dalvin Cooks brother on the team. I think he’s a PERFECT fit for this offense.

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Diggs helped elevate Josh Allen and the Bills offense to elite status, while the Vikings are stuck in mediocrity. Similar to Houston losing the DeAndre Hopkins trade... you don't trade elite WR's when they are still in the prime of their careers.

Also the last time a rookie WR in Philly or KC has immediately stepped in, started almost every game and became a Jefferson-like star in Andy Reid's offense? That would be never.
Diggs was garbage last year.

I hate seeing one of my favorite all time Chiefs leave KC, but I understand why and am excited to see how Veach utilizes the resources that opened up with this trade to make us better long term.

31.25m per year FULLY GUARANTEED for 4 years is a number I wouldn’t be comfortable with, considering it’s fully guaranteed.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 12:40 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
An offense focused on 2 players was killing us. You can’t be too heavy in this league.

Tyreek + Kelce surrounded by
pure garbage isn’t going to cut it
Jones + Clark surrounded by pure garbage isn’t going to cut it either

This is a great opportunity to open a window for the next 4 years. Imagine if Veach gets the following:

Sign Sammy and Ingram
Trade a 4th for Bradberry
Draft George Karlaftis, Jahan Dotson and Perrion Winfrey with our top 3 picks and still have a 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

You open the door for flexibility
Great post
[Reply]
TEX 12:40 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
It sucks, no doubt about it, tough pill to swallow. But when you're paying certain positions a bulk of the cap, you have to try and read the tea leaves. You would have had to replace Tyreek eventually, who knows if talks broken down, if the relationship was damaged beyond repair, if both sides were bull headed with Tyreek set on $30 million per year and Veach set on another FA or two, it sucks.

Tyreek is gone now, gotta replace him and I hope they've been doing their homework and have a receiver pegged. Unless you hit a diamond in the rough, you aren't replicating production like Hill, not playstyle or speed, but production, the numbers he produced. I would be okay for them to use their picks to trade up to get one that they truly believe in.

Garrett Wilson
Drake London
Jameson Williams
Chris Olave
Treylon Burks
Jahan Dotson

All slated to come off the board before your picks at 29 and 30. If this trade was to rebuild the defense with young talent, then that's your mission, but Veach is in the seat now. You trade away one of the Big 3 on any team, you better produce afterwards.
Keep Frank Clark and trade Tyreek....GTFO Varch.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:41 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm sure Veach has a plan that involves moves we haven't even thought about yet. This opens up so much going forward.

That said, this is really disappointing. All of our competitors took a step forward for this next season and we're almost certainly taking a step backwards. It's a tough pill to swallow even if it's necessary for longer-term sustainability.

Just not sure how anyone can really feel good about today.
I really hope Veach has one of those "out of nowhere" deals lined up, similar to the Orlando Brown deal.

Otherwise, we're looking at some development downtime with a rookie class.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:41 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
No, you're a ****ing reerun. As usual.

Every year the same ****tards (see: you) panic when players x, y or z get moved. They figure out ways to replace them and are still in the mix.

It'll happen again. Keep ****ing that chicken with make believe comparisons though :-)
JFC you are a dumbshit... literally some things never change. :-)

Comparing Tyreek Hill... arguably the second best player on the team behind Mahomes... to other "players x, y or z getting moved" is a laughable homer attempt (and fail) to minimize just how difficult it is going to be trying to replicate Tyreek's playmaking threat.

This isn't the same as replacing a brokedick left tackle or right tackle.

This isn't the same as replacing a safety.

This is replacing one of the most explosive WR's/playmakers in NFL history.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:41 PM 03-23-2022
Hill along with Mahomes made this iteration of the Chiefs...special.

I thought he was untouchable...he's a once in a generation HOF talent.

KC doesn't win the SB without him...and wouldn't have beat the Bills last year.

People can talk money/picks all they want....but he's not replaceable. He's a real deal game wrecker.

Chiefs will still be a good team...just, from a past fan's perspective, a lot less entertaining.

He's made soooo many plays only a handful of football players in history could make....

This is terrible news...shocking actually.

Two first rounders should have been a bare minimum....
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:41 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. I was expecting a step back even with Hill on this offense.
Why?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:42 PM 03-23-2022
I don't want Hurtkins back, we need a receiver who can stay healthy.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:42 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Diggs was garbage last year.
103 catches, 1,225 yards and 10 TD receptions is "garbage".

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:43 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Why?
Because building the entire defense in one offseason is damn near impossible. Add to that a hard ass schedule and the AFC West getting harder.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 197
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up