ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 80
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:53 PM 09-05-2017
1 hour and 11 minutes of my life I won't get back, and these asshats offered me WAY less than I've gotten in past years.

I mean, paying $275 for ST Max instead of $377 is a helluva deal!

Fuck right off with that bullshit.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:13 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
1 hour and 11 minutes of my life I won't get back, and these asshats offered me WAY less than I've gotten in past years.

I mean, paying $275 for ST Max instead of $377 is a helluva deal!

Fuck right off with that bullshit.

I got tired of being fucked. I still have FTC but nothing major in premium packages.

Just because I've been direct tv since 1998 means I should pay for Sunday ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:08 PM 09-06-2017
Maybe these assholes are going to call my semi-bluff. It's been 24 hours and no contact.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:15 PM 09-06-2017
I had planned on calling them to see what might happen....Then I opened my DirecTV bill...these assholes had charged me for two months of ST WITHOUT asking me about it. Our contract is up the end of September - that will be the end of DirecTV. I've had enough of their nonsense.

I called them up and rose hell with them - and they deducted the two months of ST from my bill. Then I told them that I was cancelling my service on the 28th. Hell with it. I'll put an antenna on the television and pay nothing for local channels.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:22 PM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
I had planned on calling them to see what might happen....Then I opened my DirecTV bill...these assholes had charged me for two months of ST WITHOUT asking me about it. Our contract is up the end of September - that will be the end of DirecTV. I've had enough of their nonsense.

I called them up and rose hell with them - and they deducted the two months of ST from my bill. Then I told them that I was cancelling my service on the 28th. Hell with it. I'll put an antenna on the television and pay nothing for local channels.

That's on you, dude. You were set up to auto-renew, and you didn't cancel.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:27 PM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
That's on you, dude. You were set up to auto-renew, and you didn't cancel.

Actually no. I had told them about 3 months ago that I didn't want ST any longer. Lot of good it did me.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:30 PM 09-06-2017
Actually no. I had told them about 3 months ago that I didn't want ST any longer. Lot of good it did me.

Fair enough. Bad on them then.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:59 PM 09-06-2017
Same thing happens to me. I'll call months ahead and tell them to cancel. They then always charge me for the first month and I notice because my bill skyrockets. I then have to call in and cancel again. I've learned if you cancel before August, it literally does no good. They'll still charge you.

And if you're one of those who never looks at your bill and don't notice, if the season starts you are totally fucked. They won't refund any money and won't let you cancel. You end of paying for the entire season regardless if it's only week 1 games that have started.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 12:48 PM 09-08-2017
I called last night to get the Starz package deal. The lady said it would be $6.99 a month for 12 months and then she asked me if I was interested in Sunday Ticket. I asked how much the Sunday Ticket would cost me. She said it was free. I almost spit my beer out. So I ended up with 12 months of Starz and free Sunday Ticket. It worked out pretty good since I was only calling about the movie package.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:20 PM 09-11-2017
I guess they are going to call my semi-bluff. I set up a cancellation date back on the 5th, and have only gotten a promotional "we want you back" email. (2 year contract)

No phone call.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:34 PM 09-11-2017
Keep in mind they're AT T now, who is literally too big to care about anything. For all you know they could be A/B testing different approaches. You got unlucky and got the "tough love" group.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:56 PM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Keep in mind they're AT T now, who is literally too big to care about anything. For all you know they could be A/B testing different approaches. You got unlucky and got the "tough love" group.
Ironically, I'm an ATT cell customer as well. They'll be losing that if they can't work something out to keep me on DTV. Honestly, I'm not terribly worked up about it. I'm in the process of researching cord cutting options, I just need my local sports affiliates like Fox Sports Midwest. Sounds like almost all of the services offer it.

After yesterday, I'm not going to miss Sunday Ticket. Holy shit, that was the worst Week 1 in recent memory. Terrible.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:26 PM 09-11-2017
I recently found out my Dad was paying $70/month from ATT for a freaking land line. Then he was paying NetZero for DSL on top of that.

He called ATT and they told him he could switch to phone + internet for $40/month or something. Then of course after the install, they said he wasn't eligible for the offer because he was a former customer. I told him to keep calling and keep bringing up Time Warner, which he can get in his building. Took 3 phone calls and they finally gave in.

Now his service has been out a ton of times, and he says he gets his bill 2 days before it's due every month. Awesome.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:35 PM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Ironically, I'm an ATT cell customer as well. They'll be losing that if they can't work something out to keep me on DTV. Honestly, I'm not terribly worked up about it. I'm in the process of researching cord cutting options, I just need my local sports affiliates like Fox Sports Midwest. Sounds like almost all of the services offer it.

After yesterday, I'm not going to miss Sunday Ticket. Holy shit, that was the worst Week 1 in recent memory. Terrible.

If you are getting it for Chiefs games, I think there's a great chance the Chiefs games will be widely available.

I noticed that this weeks game is Fox's #1 noon game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:12 PM 09-11-2017
I got mine from someone online 26 bucks on my tablet chromecast it to my 55' inch flat screen its awesome
[Reply]
Page 40 of 80
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up