ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your best Story
eDave 12:36 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Perhaps the funniest thing I ever saw was at Scout camp many years ago. My friend Gary Coon was always sneaking off to explore or find some mischief to partake in. He did like getting the leaders in a tizzy. One afternoon, one of the assistant scout masters called all of us to line up. Everyone but Gary came and got lined up. "Has anyone seen Gary?" he asked. A bunch of shrugs and nos were his answers. Then there was a sound in the latrine just down the hill of someone bumping into a wall. "Gary!" the assistant yelled. "Get on up here." No reply. "Gary!" he repeated. Nothing. Then he got mad and yelled, "COON! Get out of that latrine NOW!"

Then this black kid from another troop walks out and yells at the assistant, "FUGGGG YOU!" We all died laughing and the leader couldn't complete a sentence. "No, I uh, no I meant, uh no no." The poor kid stomped off thinking he'd been racially slurred. When Gary did return, he caught hell and was sentenced to KP duty for the rest of camp!
Oseola?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:43 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Oseola?
No, it was in central Missouri... what was that place called... arrgh.

Ah now it came to me. Camp Bartle.
[Reply]
eDave 12:48 PM 03-20-2015

Ah. Assuming that's H.Roe, didn't know he was part of another summer camp outside of Oseola. He was big into scouting though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:51 PM 03-20-2015
Ah. Assuming that's H.Roe, didn't know he was part of another summer camp outside of Oseola. He was big into scouting though.
He probably thought you were asking about a 'Camp Osceola' unaware that that was actually the name of the nearby town.

Osceola is the only Bartle reservation I know of.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:50 PM 03-20-2015

H.Roe Bartle IS in Osceola.

Trivia, I was inducted into Mic-O-Say with Little Least Lone Star. Those who've gone will know the import of that tribal name.
[Reply]
eDave 12:51 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Trivia, I was inducted into Mic-O-Say with Little Least Lone Star. Those who've gone will know the import of that tribal name.
Little Distant Circling Hawk.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:52 PM 03-20-2015

I went one summer to Osceola...Remember the swimming test? You didn't want to be the one in my troop who didn't pass..
[Reply]
bobbymitch 06:38 PM 06-03-2015

My son's great grandfather was Chief Standing Rock (second tribal Chief). During my son's induction, it was known to the tribal elders of the relationship, yet not word was spoken.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:46 PM 03-20-2015
Oseola?
Osceola was the scene of perhaps the biggest brain fart of my life.

Could've killed me, and probably no one on Earth but me knows.

One of the merit badges was marksmanship. Now I don't come from a gun family, but I was a pretty good shot. The one concession I had to figure out was that I was left handed, but can't close just my right eye, so early on I couldn't use the sites. I fashioned an eye patch and soon had some of the best marks in the camp.

Then one day I pull the trigger and nothing happens. Pull it again, nothing.

In a brainfart of monumental proportions, I open the breech and look at the bullet. There I am, my peepers inches away from an unspent round.

Seeing nothing I re-engage the breech and the bullet immediately fires off into the target of the next shooter over.

Hey, I was 12.

:-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:49 PM 03-20-2015

One of the merit badges was marksmanship. Now I don't come from a gun family, but I was a pretty good shot. The one concession I had to figure out was that I was left handed, but can't close just my right eye, so early on I couldn't use the sites. I fashioned an eye patch and soon had some of the best marks in the camp.

In a brainfart of monumental proportions, I open the breech and look at the bullet. There I am, my peepers inches away from an unspent round.

Seeing nothing I re-engage the breech and the bullet immediately fires off into the target of the next shooter over.

Hey, I was 12.

Darwin Consolation prize.
[Reply]
el borracho 03:47 PM 03-23-2015

Hey, I was 12.

Man, I used to love watching you hunt Bugs Bunny.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:30 PM 03-20-2015
roofies
[Reply]
Kman34 12:46 PM 03-20-2015
This one time my friend was going to get married so we decided to go to Vegas for the Bachelor party. Turns out we got drugged, lost the groom, stole Mike Tysons Tiger, married a stripper, hung out with a baby, and almost got killed by an Asian guy. Finally found the groom on the roof of the Hotel.

Whew what a weekend...:-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:40 PM 03-20-2015
Too many to count but off the top of my head the most epic would have to be my 7th grade weekend at my Aunt and Uncles. We went to the movies and while walking through the mall their was a few survey chicks asking questions. My uncle took one look at them and said "Oh no not those ****ers." Of course a minute later one of them tries to get his attention, she said "Sir would you....." before she could finish her sentence he walked right past her and said "I'm deaf" (while pointing at his ear) :-) To this day we all talk about that classic.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:58 PM 03-20-2015
I still have a big scar on my knee from the bottom of that pool at scout camp. I also have a scar from accidentally wood carving my finger.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up