ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>So, we should sign another WR, right? [Edit: RIGHT!!?!]
Direckshun 02:27 PM 05-02-2024
It's being reported at this time that Rice is expected to be suspended half the season or more.

If that's what's up, the good news is: he'll be good to go for December/January.

The bad news is, here's the WR depth chart:

Marquise Brown
Xavier Worthy
Justin Watson
Skyy Moore
Kadarious Toney
Justyn Ross
Nikko Remigio
Cornell Powell

Available WRs:

Hunter Renfrow
Allen Robinson
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Tyler Boyd
Michael Thomas
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Russell Gage
Zay Jones
DJ Chark
Jamal Agnew
Mecole Hardman
Jakeem Grant
Randall Cobb
Marquise Goodwin
Chase Claypool
Deandre Carter
Sterling Shepard
Richie James
Jalen Guyton
Scotty Miller
Laquon Treadwell
Byron Pringle
and some others

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:39 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
To be fair, we tried that last year and some of them crashed and burned and they're seemingly going to run them back out there again.

I'd prefer not to do that but we may have no choice.
There's a big difference between Toney and Moore being expected to be top targets and then being the bottom of the roster.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:42 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not to argue, because yeah, young players need snaps to develop, no question.

However, there is real value to a veteran presence, for stability obviously, but also for mentoring those young players. Hell, by his own admission Rice was trying to have MVS mentor him late last season. Just imagine what his trajectory might've been if Rice had had an actual WR there for him instead of MVS.

unfortunately, I don't see a lot of value in the WRs left on that list, so it's probably a moot point. But if there was a good vet available, I wouldn't be upset if Veach signed the guy to a team-friendly deal even if only to give our young WR corps some real mentoring this time around.
Sure, but there's not much available. What's the point? Zay Jones? He's not produced in years. Just play Brown, Worthy, Watson and use a lot of two and three TE sets until Rice gets back.

If Rice's suspension even kicks in this season. Could be next year.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:21 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Sure, but there's not much available. What's the point? Zay Jones? He's not produced in years. Just play Brown, Worthy, Watson and use a lot of two and three TE sets until Rice gets back.

It's a floor move in my opinion. Bring Zay in and you have a bottom base line.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:09 PM 05-10-2024
I think the only reasonable options remaining are Hardman and Gage. I'm not overly high on Renfrow nor am I especially excited to see James come back.
[Reply]
shammus 10:47 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think the only reasonable options remaining are Hardman and Gage. I'm not overly high on Renfrow nor am I especially excited to see James come back.
I'm curious what you don't like about Renfrow? He is still only 28 and in 2021, he put up 103 receptions for 1038 yds. He's definitely someone who had his production cut when Davante Adams showed up in 2022 / 2023, but he was an ascending WR up until that point.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:46 PM 05-10-2024
Have also been curious why there are a number of posters who do not like Renfrow. As noted, he has shown that he can be productive. From what I remember of seeing him, I think he runs good routes and has good hands. He is not washed up from injuries like Thomas. What don’t people like about him?
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:59 AM 05-11-2024
Look at crow pretending like he doesn't know MVS is about to resign for 2m.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:32 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Have also been curious why there are a number of posters who do not like Renfrow. As noted, he has shown that he can be productive. From what I remember of seeing him, I think he runs good routes and has good hands. He is not washed up from injuries like Thomas. What don’t people like about him?
Always felt like Renfrow is a bit of a freelancer. If you give him time to do all the twirly, tricky stuff he can get open, eventually. If he's asked to work within structure, not so much. If you want him to be at a certain point at a certain time I don't think that's him. It does mean he can be effective, I'm just not sure it's with us. I mean, I wouldn't hate it if it was cheap, I just wouldn't expect much either
[Reply]
kccrow 11:05 AM 05-11-2024
Small + Slow + Can't Uncover Within Structure + Concussion History <> Good Fit
[Reply]
Bowser 11:41 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Look at crow pretending like he doesn't know MVS is about to resign for 2m.
That's what's going to happen, isn't it - MVS or Hardman coming back here on a cheap deal.

I guess it's likely moot when it's Mahomes delivering the ball, but still.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Like Dunerdr posted, it's a way to give Andy a hard floor in terms of expected production more than anything. Or would've been.

And not that it matters at all, as it's just my completely uninformed opinion, but if I were the Dallas DA, I'd push to have the case heard asap. It's a big news story in DAL right now, and DAs usually want to make a name for themselves, so I'd try to strike while the iron was hot, so to say.

But under normal circumstances, yeah, I could easily see this case not being decided in court until next year.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:13 PM 05-11-2024
:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:25 AM 05-12-2024
He literally adds absolutely nothing. Other than a bald spot and some fuzzy memories of him toasting Alabama.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:26 PM 05-12-2024
Sometimes wonder if Veach should’ve just drafted Brenden Rice instead of whoever he took in the 6th/7th round.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 12:46 PM 05-12-2024
I wondered the same about Brendan Rice as well after reading an article about how pissed Jerry Rice was that his son dropped so far. Sounds like he’s going to be unofficial coach for the chargers. That can’t be bad for them.

With those bloodlines, maybe he will be this year’s Puka Nacua
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up