ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Justice Department sues Ticketmaster and owner Live Nation, alleging illegal monopoly
Bearcat 09:26 AM 05-23-2024
Thanks, Taylor!

BREAKING: Justice Department sues Ticketmaster and owner Live Nation, alleging an illegal monopoly over live events in the U.S. https://t.co/yMlRYo0WqR

— The Associated Press (@AP) May 23, 2024

Originally Posted by :
“We allege that Live Nation relies on unlawful, anticompetitive conduct to exercise its monopolistic control over the live events industry in the United States at the cost of fans, artists, smaller promoters, and venue operators,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement. “The result is that fans pay more in fees, artists have fewer opportunities to play concerts, smaller promoters get squeezed out, and venues have fewer real choices for ticketing services. It is time to break up Live Nation-Ticketmaster.”

[Reply]
scho63 11:55 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Facebook and Google search are free to use.
This is why you are not too smart.

What about advertising costs?
[Reply]
Fish 11:57 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
The ability of some of you to actually engage in an intelligent conversation and not resort to the same ol stupid shit comment with insults thinking you are always the smartest person in the room is hilarious.
:-) JFC man
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:57 AM 05-23-2024
I wouldn't have guessed I would get the "Defender of Ticketmaster" square on my 2024 Bingo card.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:57 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
FFS man, do you not understand supply/demand and how a monopoly can operate outside the free market controls for costs of goods?
In a lot of cases they are the only option.
Companies like Stubhub and Seatgeek are secondary sales so you have the additional markup after they have purchased tickets from Ticketmaster.
Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc...
Bing, duck duck go
General Mills, Tyson, Nestle...
Unilever, Johnson and Johnson, Henkel
Pabst, Heineken, Molson Coors
Another stupid comment.

Hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker, hooker.

The ability of some of you to actually engage in an intelligent conversation and not resort to the same ol stupid shit comment with insults thinking you are always the smartest person in the room is hilarious.
You were saying.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:57 AM 05-23-2024
What about Facebook?
What about Google Search?
What about Kellogg and Proctor & Gamble?
What about InBev and Diageo?
Add them to the list?
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:59 AM 05-23-2024
The biggest problem is ticket scalping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:59 AM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yes, this is no different than a network buying exclusive rights to entertainment and then charging for you to watch it on Peacock, Prime or Netflix.

They will just do away with the fees and charge more for tix.
Sort of, they haven't started jacking up costs by much (yet) just for that one football game or whatever... and TicketMaster double dips with reselling tickets and you have all the issues with scalpers and what not.

And the networks are at least competing for those events, while the issue here is the steps TicketMaster has taken to monopolize arenas and force shows to only deal with them.
[Reply]
Delano 11:59 AM 05-23-2024
Schmo will need to spend extra money to buy influence, respect, and friends on this forum after his dumb fucking take and subsequent doubling down on said take.

Dumb, old, fat, unlikeable fuck.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:59 AM 05-23-2024
This is why you are not too smart.

What about advertising costs?
What about them? Products and services can be advertised almost anywhere. TV, radio, billboards, the sides of buses, you name it.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:01 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Between the fees and the ticket costs themselves, I've pretty much been priced out of live events. They're simply not worth the cost of admission, no matter what the performance is.
Omg.
I can get you in.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:26 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yes, this is no different than a network buying exclusive rights to entertainment and then charging for you to watch it on Peacock, Prime or Netflix.

They will just do away with the fees and charge more for tix.
Thinking about this more, I'd say it's closer to Sunday NFL Ticket.

DirecTV back in the day could jack up the price because it was exclusive and they could even jack up their normal monthly fees because fuck you.

Where as if Prime suddenly wanted to charge $100 for a single playoff game, it would be so far out of whack, the NFL would probably have major concerns about ratings and would go with the cheaper option for fans (for their own ratings of course, not because they give a shit about fans). At least that competition exists for some consumer benefit in the end.
[Reply]
scho63 12:34 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
Schmo will need to spend extra money to buy influence, respect, and friends on this forum after his dumb fucking take and subsequent doubling down on said take.

Dumb, old, fat, unlikeable fuck.
Don't be sad because you ain't worth shit and I wouldn't even piss on you if you were on fire.

Yeah, you're right, I have no friends......:-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:51 PM 05-23-2024
TicketMaster IS a scam, but do we really wanna involve the govt. in this? Let's think about that for a second.

TicketMaster has the right to charge whatever ridiculous fees they want to and you as the consumer have the right to tell them to 'fuck off' and not purchase from them. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:57 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
TicketMaster IS a scam, but do we really wanna involve the govt. in this? Let's think about that for a second.

TicketMaster has the right to charge whatever ridiculous fees they want to and you as the consumer have the right to tell them to 'fuck off' and not purchase from them. :-)
Meh, this is actually something the government should be doing, breaking up abusive monopolies that actually harm consumers and businesses.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:57 PM 05-23-2024
They have the right but they also produce the shows.

So they have the contact with the artist and then they say you can only buy from us and then they say it costs extra money for that right.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up