ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Where would you like to move in the good old USA or Internationally
I would never move I live in paradise. (Where do you live) 13 20.31%
i would never move out of the USA but I could see myself living in? 12 18.75%
If the country has problems I would consider moving internationally. My points of interest are? 12 18.75%
I would love to live internationally at some point. My points of interest are? 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Moving Nationally or Internationally
Bugeater 05:52 PM 07-31-2018
I have to wonder how many of those saying Colorado have looked at housing prices there. I'd love to live there, but it only took about 5 minutes of looking at homes online to eliminate it.

With that said, we're actually looking at Cheyenne right now. It's an hour from the front range and housing is a little less outrageous. It's still more expensive than Pigsknuckle though. Guess that's the downside of living in one of the most affordable housing markets in the country.
[Reply]
eDave 06:08 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I have to wonder how many of those saying Colorado have looked at housing prices there. I'd love to live there, but it only took about 5 minutes of looking at homes online to eliminate it.

With that said, we're actually looking at Cheyenne right now. It's an hour from the front range and housing is a little less outrageous. It's still more expensive than Pigsknuckle though. Guess that's the downside of living in one of the most affordable housing markets in the country.
I'm in Spokane right now. Not my kind of town but seems like it's up your alley. It's "almost" in Wyoming.

Smokey as shit due to the fires.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:47 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm in Spokane right now. Not my kind of town but seems like it's up your alley. It's "almost" in Wyoming.

I lived in Spokane a few years.

My defintition of mediocre.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:02 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:

"Almost" as in only 400+ miles away. :-)

I've heard it's a fantastic area. Looks like a lot of great bike trails too. But I just want a change of scenery, not necessarily a witness protection program.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:10 PM 07-28-2020
I live in central Florida a few miles from Orlando and moved back here 9 years ago after being in the north for 20 plus years. I grew up in St. Petersburg and if I were single, I would trade in the SUV for a Jeep Wrangler and buy a condo on Pensacola Beach, Panama City Beach or Clearwater Beach or in that area.

I would buy a Seedoo or Waverunner, or at least rent one.

[Reply]
Rain Man 05:33 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I live in central Florida a few miles from Orlando and moved back here 9 years ago after being in the north for 20 plus years. I grew up in St. Petersburg and if I were single, I would trade in the SUV for a Jeep Wrangler and buy a condo on Pensacola Beach, Panama City Beach or Clearwater Beach or in that area.

What do you know about Palm Bay and Tampa? They seem like legit contenders.
[Reply]
teedubya 06:00 PM 07-31-2018
I'm already working on setting up a base in the Cayman Islands. It has first world banking and internet. It rarely gets hit by hurricanes... It's CST time zone... the beaches are pristine. It's a 2 hour flight to Miami... 3.5 hour flight to Houston.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:30 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by teedubya:
I'm already working on setting up a base in the Cayman Islands. It has first world banking and internet. It rarely gets hit by hurricanes... It's CST time zone... the beaches are pristine. It's a 2 hour flight to Miami... 3.5 hour flight to Houston.
Can you open up an account for me?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:11 PM 07-31-2018
God I love Alaska. I think if I'd first gone up there 30 years ago instead of 2016 I'd be living there now.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:18 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
God I love Alaska. I think if I'd first gone up there 30 years ago instead of 2016 I'd be living there now.
I lived up there for a year in the mid 80's. I think the guy to girl ratio was like 100/1 and generally the 1 was nothing to write home about. I have been up there a few times since and it has really changed. There were plenty of good looking ladies running around. I remembered thinking, if it would have been like this when I lived here, I never would have left and that's the truth.

With that said, the summer was great with all the sun, but the winter was a real bitch with no sun. There were a lot of people depressed walking around sucking on the gun barrel.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:19 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I lived up there for a year in the mid 80's. I think the guy to girl ratio was like 100/1 and generally the 1 was nothing to write home about. I have been up there a few times since and it has really changed. There were plenty of good looking ladies running around. I remembered thinking, if it would have been like this when I lived here, I never would have left and that's the truth.

With that said, the summer was great with all the sun, but the winter was a real bitch with no sun. There were a lot of people depressed walking around sucking on the gun barrel.
Yeah, I can see that. I was there for a week in September, so the day/night ratio was normal.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:26 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:

I'll be there all next week……Need an Ulu knife? :-)
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:16 PM 07-31-2018
I would love to and plan on moving from the midwest when my kids are grown and on their own. I'd love to live in Europe, but will probably settle somewhere closer to the west-coast. Ideally Montana, Idaho, Utah or Nevada.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:36 PM 07-31-2018
My cousin moved to australia and he loves it.
[Reply]
Strongside 07:06 PM 07-31-2018
I’ll have a house in either Austria or Belgium when I retire. I have an office in Belgium but frequent Austria...both great people, great food, great culture, and most importantly...great beer.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up