ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
Red Lobster 64 57.14%
Olive Garden 48 42.86%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Red Lobster vs. Olive Garden
Otter 02:39 PM 11-18-2016
So, you're walking down the street minding your own business and I come up behind you (lets pretend I'm 6' 6" 260 and not 5' 9") and get you in a rear naked choke.

I say you have to have dinner with me and I'll take the cuffs off I bound us by the ankles with with my magical extra set of hands if you promise not to have food on lip that makes me uncomfortable and spoils an otherwise fine dining experience.

There are only two options: Red Lobster or Olive Garden. Where do we eat?
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:36 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Drive the Oregon and Washington coast and stop at some of the local restaurants and you'll never want to eat red lobster again.
Yeah, we know but its a thousand miles to an ocean from here. Like I said, for cowtown, it's OK.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:37 PM 11-18-2016
Both have very tasty dishes. It's a tie.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:38 PM 11-18-2016
Drive the Oregon and Washington coast and stop at some of the local restaurants and you'll never want to eat red lobster again.
Used to like the Mo's at the Devil's Punchbowl for chowder and the Mo's in Newport for steamer clams. There was also this place in Lincoln City that had really good crab. Don't remember the name anymore. It was on the south end and had big round windows. I think it's gone now.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:38 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Yeah, we know but its a thousand miles to an ocean from here. Like I said, for cowtown, it's OK.
Well the BBQ sucks here
[Reply]
Frosty 03:38 PM 11-18-2016
Our steaks probably aren't as good as yours, though.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:39 PM 11-18-2016
Interesting question, because I've eaten at both of them in the last week.

I like Red Lobster a lot. Of course here in KC we don't get the kind of seafood like you would in Maryland, or the Gulf Coast, or Pacific Coast. But they do a decent job. I've never had trouble getting as many biscuits as I could possibly want. I love shrimp, so I can wreck some endless shrimp nights.

I took my wife to Olive Garden last night. One of our kitties passed away yesterday and she was feeling blue, so I took her out to dinner. She had the Tour of Italy. I just had spaghetti and meatballs. Reasonable, got out without drinking alcohol for the two of us for less than $40.

Of the two I like Red Lobster better. I make better meatballs at home than OG, but I like their salad.
That is the problem right there. That dish sucks ass.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:41 PM 11-18-2016
We've had good meals at Carraba's too. It's all good.
I think I've eaten at Carraba's a couple of times and liked it.

I'm not a high-end eater, though. I looked at my restaurant expenditures last year when I got my credit card summary. I eat at higher-end restaurants with my wife relatively frequently and I can appreciate higher-end food. But if I'm by myself I go slumming. It's barbecue or cheap chinese or burgers. Perhaps that's who I really am.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:41 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Used to like the Mo's at the Devil's Punchbowl for chowder and the Mo's in Newport for steamer clams. There was also this place in Lincoln City that had really good crab. Don't remember the name anymore. It was on the south end and had big round windows. I think it's gone now.
Pacific Oyster in Bay City. I could eat fresh oysters at every meal.
[Reply]
Otter 03:43 PM 11-18-2016
Well, a decision has been made and it's Red Lobster. No reservations just "call ahead seating" whatever the fuck that means.

Wish me luck fellas because 'I'm upstairs working on the computer' excuse has just hit the fan.

[Reply]
Frosty 03:44 PM 11-18-2016
Pacific Oyster in Bay City. I could eat fresh oysters at every meal.
I don't think I've ever been in Bay City. It's funny but my in-laws have a beach house in Pacific City and we never went north from there, always south to Lincoln City or Newport.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:45 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
I come from a pretty old school family when it comes to making sauces ("gravy" by the old guys) for pasta and don't know if I could handle jar stuff. Too used to homemade.

I've heard good things about Carrabba's which is right down the road from Red Lobster but I'm picking up the tab for 15~ people and pretty sure the kids won't mind what they shovel down their throat.

It's gonna be an Old Crow evening.
Stick with something like any marsala or chicken bryan. Be careful of anything with red sauce.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:47 PM 11-18-2016
I don't think I've ever been in Bay City. It's funny but my in-laws have a beach house in Pacific City and we never went north from there, always south to Lincoln City or Newport.
I like Newport. I've taken my kids to the aquarium there a few times. In laws have a beach house north of Tilamook.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:49 PM 11-18-2016
I like Newport. I've taken my kids to the aquarium there a few times. In laws have a beach house north of Tilamook.
I shouldn't have said never. I've been to the cheese factory and up to Astoria but it seems like Portland funnels into the north coast like at Cannon Beach, so it was always crazy busy.

My favorite place on the coast is probably Depoe Bay.
[Reply]
Otter 03:50 PM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Soooooo I take it you left the hills of CO for the festive season and you are back home for a few days?
Been back for over a week. It's nice to see family but wow, the traffic, the high paced lifestyle and having to wear a suit is what I don't miss. I'll put up with a hippie drum circle doing bong hits in the skate park and mountains and being able to ride my bike everywhere anytime.

I blame you for showing me Cook City you bastard. :-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:56 PM 11-18-2016
I shouldn't have said never. I've been to the cheese factory and up to Astoria but it seems like Portland funnels into the north coast like at Cannon Beach, so it was always crazy busy.

My favorite place on the coast is probably Depoe Bay.
Yep I'll leave on a Thursday just to avoid that weekend Portland traffic.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up