ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Upgrading the offensive line (...or not?)
Buckweath 11:17 PM 02-09-2019
Yeah that Oline was so trash this year that they allowed their QB to throw 50 TD- 5000 yards, be MVP and were part of a historically good offense.

Get a clue.

They just need to keep investing in that Oline.

I would like a center in the 2nd or 3rd round.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:32 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Dump Heck and try to steal New England’s o-line Coach Or pick up the Indy O-line coach. That’ll be a start. Heck has been able to develop players but the overall performance just hasn’t been good since he’s been here.
I was expecting the Chiefs to make a run at DeGuglielmo. I'm surprised he hasn't found a job yet.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:58 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So looking back on the last 2 years you think our O line has been stellar? I’ve seen Pat running for his life for a good part of the year. Is that part of his game?? Sure, but he’d surely do event better with better protection. Scapegoat?? Yeah I guess our offensive line getting beat by the better teams in the league shouldn’t be too worrisome considering we have a once in a lifetime qb behind center. Let’s keep going with the same guy who hasn’t shown me that he can consistently push the line to the next level.

So are you saying we need to replace a good part of the line, because Andy ****ing Heck is doing an admirable job??
No I dont think the line did an admirable job. If PMII wasnt our QB, then Im sure the line would have gotten our QB hurt. But changing the fucking Oline coach isn't going to make them suck any less. The only coaches that can make much of a difference in how well the players play are HC, OC, DC. Those coaches are in charge of using the right scheme to compliment the players they have and not calling the same plays that dont work or calling plays that put thevplayers in the wrong position. No O line coach is going to "coach up" Eric Fisher and make him an all pro. No one can turn chicken shit into chicken salad.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:57 PM 02-09-2019
Need a replacement for our "pro bowl" LT
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:08 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Need a replacement for our "pro bowl" LT
Good lord yes, Mahomes was pretty much a pro bowl QB and LT. Its so crazy how much better a QB with good pocket presence can make an O-line look. This years Oline looked like a top 10-15 unit and last year they looked like a bottom 5 unit.

I remember trufans loved to talk about how bad the line was and that Alex would throw it deep if the line would just give him a little more time!
[Reply]
O.city 05:59 PM 02-09-2019
Heck is pretty good guys. They’ve developed some really good ol.

Just keep drafting and developing thetr. I wouldn’t be opposed with using one of those 2nds in a center
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:10 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Just keep drafting and developing thetr. I wouldn’t be opposed with using one of those 2nds in a center
Heck is definitely not as bad as some say around here. Erving, Reiter and Wylie all have improved while here all were either a disaster or very meh before their arrival here.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:23 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

True, if they spent a two on a C no one would be mad
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:56 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The Reiter contract was a reward for yeoman’s duty, but I think they see him like they saw Erving in 2017 - your swing guy who can fill in at G/C in a pinch.
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd bet DeVey comes back.
Devey will be the swing while Reiter and Wylie start IMHO.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:20 PM 02-09-2019
The three positions to the left of LDT could stand improvement. They have too many holes on D to upgrade the LT with an early pick, but I do think targeting a swing tackle and G are important.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:57 PM 02-09-2019
I fully expect a 5th or 6th be used on OL but I don't expect much more than that unless they aren't happy enough with Wylie at LG. I think they'll take a swing type guy like Bailey from SC that can play RT or OG. I'm thinking Hunter and Murray make the team this year and Murray at least spent time on the 53. I was thinking Hunter did too at one point but probably wrong there.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:31 PM 02-09-2019
Khalil McKenzie may get his shot at the interior line in the near future. Fuck, he made the final 53
[Reply]
petegz28 07:59 PM 02-09-2019
Reiter and Wylie are fine. Morse is soft, especially in the run. And he can't stay healthy.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:07 PM 02-09-2019
Jimmy/James Murray has some promise. In the little 2017 Holy Cross video that is available, he looked like a man playing football against boys, but that was against lesser competition. In preseason I wanted to see more of him but he got hurt and we did not get to see that much of him. In his limited play he must have made enough of an impression that he made the practice squad. I am hoping that he really comes on during the offseason and we see him battling with Austin Reiter for the center position.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:19 PM 02-09-2019
We need a lineman that can come in and play LT or RT if KC needs.

For 2018 Cam Erving was the backup at LT and Andrew Wylie was the backup at RT. Not sure how that would go but I don't want to see.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up