ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your Chiefs Mount Rushmore look like?
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:48 PM 06-24-2024
NFL Throwback just dropped a pretty neat video putting together every team's Mount Rushmore.

Here's what they put for the Chiefs, in no particular order.

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Travis Kelce
4. Patrick Mahomes

Thoughts? What would you change, if any?

EDIT - Forgot about the Honorable Mentions.
Len Dawson
Bobby Bell
Willie Lanier
Will Shields
Buck Buchanan
Johnny Robinson
Emmitt Thomas
[Reply]
Old Dog 08:04 AM 06-25-2024
Players only: Mahomes, Bell, Dawson, Kelce
Could swap either Dawson or Kelce for Buchanan and I wouldn't argue.

Include non-players and it's:
Hunt, Reid, Mahomes, Bell but that's only one dogs opinion
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:12 AM 06-25-2024
The only constant is Mahomes. No argument with him. But you guys that are only listing modern players are just ignoring the foundation of the Chiefs and I don't get it. It took 50 years for the Chiefs to find a quarterback that would eclipse Len Dawson. Dawson was the face of the franchise. He led the Chiefs to the first Superbowl ever and won Superbowl 4 to give our team it's first championship. How do you not put him on our Mount Rushmore just because you never saw him play? I would add Bobby Bell or Willie Lanier as well, but at least an argument can be made for not including them. But Dawson is absolutely deserving. This reminds of when we did the SNL poll and Chris Farley won over Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, John Belushi, and the other greats from the early days of SNL. Farley was funny, but he wasn't better than those guys. Recency bias determined that vote and it's determining a lot of your choices
[Reply]
loochy 09:30 AM 06-25-2024
I swear we just had this exact same thread about 3 months ago. No offense to you, OP, as it's a fine concept for a thread....but yeah, I swear we just did this. Maybe it was a general KC sports one and not Chiefs specific?
[Reply]
loochy 09:33 AM 06-25-2024
I'd say for sure:

Mahomes
Lamar Hunt
Dawson

These 3 ARE the Chiefs - timeless icons that will be remembered forever.

The 4th spot is tougher. I'd go with DT, but I wasn't around back in the day. You old timers can probably pick one better than I.
[Reply]
alanm 09:34 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
The only constant is Mahomes. No argument with him. But you guys that are only listing modern players are just ignoring the foundation of the Chiefs and I don't get it. It took 50 years for the Chiefs to find a quarterback that would eclipse Len Dawson. Dawson was the face of the franchise. He led the Chiefs to the first Superbowl ever and won Superbowl 4 to give our team it's first championship. How do you not put him on our Mount Rushmore just because you never saw him play? I would add Bobby Bell or Willie Lanier as well, but at least an argument can be made for not including them. But Dawson is absolutely deserving. This reminds of when we did the SNL poll and Chris Farley won over Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, John Belushi, and the other greats from the early days of SNL. Farley was funny, but he wasn't better than those guys. Recency bias determined that vote and it's determining a lot of your choices
It always does in every Best of All Time voting. No matter the subject.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:02 AM 06-25-2024
If it's players only (which I think it should be) Mahomes and Dawson are locks. I can't imagine a Chiefs Mount Rushmore without including both of their HoF QBs.
[Reply]
cripple creek 10:28 AM 06-25-2024
stram didn't even earn a honorable mention:-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:34 AM 06-25-2024
Mahomes, Kelce, DT, Dawson
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:46 AM 06-25-2024
Lamar is the rock used for the carving. The limestone caves represent your momma
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:54 AM 06-25-2024
4 different sculptures of Pat Mahomes.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 11:12 AM 06-25-2024
Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Andy Reid and Brett Veach. Owners shouldn’t be on this list in my opinion.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 11:16 AM 06-25-2024
Honorable mentions are Spags and Chris Jones. I wasn’t alive when we won our first SB so I’m biased.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:21 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Which franchise has the best Mt Rushmore?

Packers?
Starr
Reggie White
Favre
Rodgers

49ers?
Montana
Rice
Young
Owens/Lott

Vikings? Surprisingly?
Tarkenton
Carter
Moss
Peterson
Packers, 49ers, Chiefs and maybe the Steelers

Lombardi
Starr
Favre
White

That may be the best. But the Chiefs having Mahomes, Reid, Kelce and DT might be the best
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 11:21 AM 06-25-2024
Going Players only:

Dawson
Mahomes
Lanier
Kelce

You can argue over differnt points, but until Mahomes, there was no player in Chiefs history that had a bigger impact on the franchise than Lenny. Lanier was the main man on a historic defense. The impact of Kelce and Mahomes doesnt even really need further discussion.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:23 AM 06-25-2024
Reid
Kelce
Dawson
Mahomes
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up