ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tacos are sandwiches
HemiEd 06:45 AM 05-17-2024
Indiana judge rules tacos and burritos are, in fact, sandwiches
The ruling stemmed from a legal battle between a developer with plans to open a Mexican restaurant and a local zoning commission.

By Gerardo Pons, NBC Washington
Are tacos and burritos sandwiches? A judge in Indiana thinks so.

The ruling stems from a legal battle that started in 2022, when Martin Quintana, a developer, unveiled plans to open his restaurant, “The Famous Taco Mexican Grill,” on a strip mall in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

The Allen County Planning Commission rejected his bid to open the eatery, citing a written commitment that Quintana had accepted. According to the agreement with a local condo association, only alcohol-free restaurants that did not allow outdoor seating and only sold “made-to-order or subway-style sandwiches” were allowed to open at the location.

The agreement was put in place to keep some national fast-food chains from opening at the strip mall, according to court documents obtained by NBC affiliate WPTA.But after over two years of legal battles, Judge Craig Bobay from the Allen County Superior Court ruled Quintana’s original plans would be permissible based on the original commitment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ent=newsletter
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:16 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
Had to google the differences between a Hogie and a Sub.

Though their names are often interchangeable, there actually is a bit of a difference between a hoagie and a sub. A hoagie uses a harder bread and is usually served cold whereas a sub uses a softer one and can be served toasted or cold. A sub’s bread is also fully cut through and a hoagie’s bread is only split.

The main difference you’ll find, though, is the contents inside! Since a hoagie comes from an Italian origin, the contents of this sandwich usually consist of Italian meats and cheeses. On the other hand, subs are normally served with whatever ingredients your heart desires.
So say sub or submarine sandwich. Saying subway style makes them sounds like fucking morons.
[Reply]
srvy 07:25 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
So say sub or submarine sandwich. Saying subway style makes them sounds like fucking morons.

I guess if it's important to you.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:26 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
No poorboys allowed.
We have a place called seafood seller and Cafe about a half hour from us. The owner is from Louisiana, so they serve Cajun food. Their oyster poboy is amazing.

I know it's random and has nothing to do with the thread, but those poboys are something special.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:27 PM 05-17-2024
Noted.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:00 PM 05-17-2024
Only in a place like Indiana would they rule against Tacos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:19 AM 05-18-2024
Subway:eat trash
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:17 AM 05-18-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I guess if it's important to you.
Well it's not really. Just commenting on a message board here. They're the ones that went to court over it.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:39 AM 05-18-2024
Yesterday I had 3 delicious fish sandwichs with pico and a cilantro salsa.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:02 AM 05-18-2024
Tortas ftw
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:49 AM 05-18-2024
I've actually never eaten tortoise.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:52 AM 05-18-2024
Yet, boss.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05-18-2024, 09:47 AM
This message has been deleted by FlaChief58.
BWillie 09:57 AM 05-18-2024
Ur moms a sandwich
[Reply]
Stewie 11:58 AM 05-18-2024
The ruling also stated other cultural food also qualify as sandwiches, like Gyros, Naan bread with filling and Bahn Mi. No ruling on hotdogs, though.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:56 PM 05-18-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
The ruling also stated other cultural food also qualify as sandwiches, like Gyros, Naan bread with filling and Bahn Mi. No ruling on hotdogs, though.
I agree on the Gyros, they should be right up there on the list with Tacos.

Hot dogs? Meh, not in this upscale Indiana neighborhood!
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:14 PM 05-18-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:

But, what about gao buns? And St. Pauls? We need more rulings???
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up