ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>$16m in Cap Space, are we gonna spend it?
Couch-Potato 12:17 PM 06-24-2024
We let Buggs go and currently have ~$16m in cap space...

Are we gonna spend it?

Who should we spend it on?
[Reply]
threebag 09:22 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Saw a youtube video suggesting we should consider...

1. DE Yannick Ngakoue

2. CB Stephon Gilmore

3. FS Justin Simmons

Thoughts?

...outsiders don't seem to trust our DB development, but I don't think anyone in Chiefs Kingdom is concerned about the loss of Snead.
Maybe, fuck no and no
[Reply]
Kellerfox 09:30 PM 06-24-2024
There are always some surprise cuts during the preseason. Save the flexibility to see if there are any players available who make more sense than those currently on the market.

Agree with resigning Smith at a minimum. Do that now before some other team experiences and injury and desperation pays him.
[Reply]
Delano 09:31 PM 06-24-2024
I think signing a veteran left tackle is a definite need if Thuney’s pec is at all in question. You can’t trot a green tackle out there next to hobbled Thuney or young guard.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:53 PM 06-24-2024
Has anybody said hookers and blow yet???
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:03 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
I think signing a veteran left tackle is a definite need if Thuney’s pec is at all in question. You can’t trot a green tackle out there next to hobbled Thuney or young guard.
It sure would be nice to have a proper Thuney update.
[Reply]
O.city 07:12 AM 06-25-2024
If the current crop of LT's they have on the roster can't do what Smith did, we've got bigger issues. He wasn't that good down the stretch. Roll with the young guys.

There's some DE/DT's out there that could help. I'd imagine they're waiting to get signed after all the OTA stuff.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:13 AM 06-25-2024
DE Yannick Ngakoue & LT Donavan Smith would be nice.
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 06-25-2024
We just drafted a LT in the 2nd round. Play him and let him learn. He ain't gonna learn on the bench.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:15 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
We just drafted a LT in the 2nd round. Play him and let him learn. He ain't gonna learn on the bench.
I hate to admit this but I agree with you. Kingsley needs a legit shot before they sign someone else. He will probably be on par with what we saw from Smith last year.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I hate to admit this but I agree with you. Kingsley needs a legit shot before they sign someone else. He will probably be on par with what we saw from Smith last year.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Strongside 08:30 AM 06-25-2024
Set aside for team legal fees.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:08 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
If Willie had shown any and I mean ANY improvement mentally over the last two seasons he would be here instead of Tranquil. But he's basically been the exact same player since midway through year two. He's physically really damn impressive and sometimes just has days where that's enough to take over a quarter or two but just lost other times.
When everyone was healthy Gay was down to playing something like 25% of the defensive snaps wasn't he?
[Reply]
Toad 09:10 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd sign Donovan regardless of how they feel about the young tackles. Doesn't mean he has to start, but you can't crater your season because you aren't deep enough at tackle; i.e. 2020.

And then a RB... besides that, I'd just be thrilled to see some extensions get done soon.
That’s where I’m as well especially if you can get Smith for the same 1yr/$3mm deal. Pretty decent (and affordable) insurance policy if the young tackles are t ready for prime time (YET). The risk of the young guys not protecting the franchise blind side would be devastating.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:44 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

Summary: Should we spend our $16m in Cap Space to put us over the top for a 3-peat?

1. Maybe rolling that $16m over to next year is the best decision.
Or if Veach knows he’s resigning one next year even if this year is a disaster or the player or spends the year being injured. Could use the $16 million to spread the cap hit to this year too. Maybe make it a little easier to sign one of our soon to be FA’s next year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:49 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The issue is, for me anyway, we are going for the 3peat this year. Something that will be in relevant discussions long after we are all gone. We saw our SB hopes end in decimation because of the O-line.

You can almost be guaranteed one of the NFL’s best DE will be lining up against him in any playoff run. That’s a huge risk. That’s the only thing Mahomes can’t recover from and make plays, running for his life from ball snap.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up