ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Chief Pagan 02-24-2018, 09:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Chief Pagan. Reason: problem solved
Chief Pagan 05:20 PM 03-05-2018
Anyone using the DVR function with Chrome on a desktop/laptop to watch games on ESPN?

When I try to use the slider bar, to skip commercials, or the 15 second advance, about every third or fourth time the player locks up and I have to reload the web page to get things working.

So ESPN is at 720 and 60 frames. Watching live, or playing back a game works great while it is streaming. Picture quality is great. I don't notice any freezes or artifacts. But skipping forward causes it to occasionally freeze. Wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. It's too bad. In addition to skipping commercials, for a basketball game that I am only semi-interested in, I would like to use the 15 second advance to skip free throws and other breaks in the action. But doing this causes too many freezes to make it worthwhile.

I get this on two different computers. My old Windows 7 and new Windows 10 desktops.

I tried watching some NHL on NBCsn. It has the option of 1080 (or 720) but only at 30 frames. When the players are standing around before the puck drops, they look great. As soon as the action starts and they are flying around the ice, it looks bad. Like a really crappy video game bad. NBCsn does a lot of hockey. Hockey at 30 frames looks bad. I didn't have any problems skipping forward with the slider bar or 15 second jump (so there is that), but I decided it wasn't worth watching unless/until they have a 720 60 option.
[Reply]
Fish 05:29 PM 03-05-2018
I've never noticed that issue. I skip around a lot. The only issue I've seen is if I pause the stream for longer than a couple minutes. It sometimes fails to start back up again, and I have to refresh the page. It always goes right back to the same spot, so it's not that big of a deal.
[Reply]
Fish 07:42 PM 11-06-2019
FYI... big news....

Youtube TV is now available on Amazon Fire devices. The interface works really well. HD quality.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:18 AM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
FYI... big news....

Youtube TV is now available on Amazon Fire devices. The interface works really well. HD quality.
That is fantastic news! :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:28 PM 11-08-2019
FYI... big news....

Good news, but they lost me as a customer when I was looking for service at the start of the NFL season. Since it wasn't available on Firestick I went with PS Vue.

My girlfriend likes it enough but it's kinda shitty. Anyone have experience with both YouTube.tv and PS Vue?
[Reply]
Fish 04:33 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Good news, but they lost me as a customer when I was looking for service at the start of the NFL season. Since it wasn't available on Firestick I went with PS Vue.

My girlfriend likes it enough but it's kinda shitty. Anyone have experience with both YouTube.tv and PS Vue?
No experience with PS Vue, other than knowing it is going to be shut down Jan 30th next year....

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...aystation-vue/
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:52 PM 11-08-2019
Just something else I wanted to throw in the ring here I stumbled upon a service called Philo. The thing with Philo is that they don't have any sports programming, so if you're into that it isn't great. However if you aren't into sports or as a supplement to one of the other services that do have sports it's an amazing value. You get 58 channels for $20 a month.

What we do is Hulu Live & Philo & we basically get all the channels we were getting with Direct TV/Dish (minus the sports league channels NFL Network, MLB Network etc.) and we are paying a total of $65 dollars a month as opposed to close to $150.

https://try.philo.com/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:31 PM 11-08-2019
No experience with PS Vue, other than knowing it is going to be shut down Jan 30th next year....

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...aystation-vue/
Ah, makes sense. It really is lackluster. I'm not surprised it couldn't hack it in the face of competition.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 11-08-2019
I'm a big fan and yes, putting it on the FireStick was huge.

That said, it sounds like I might be losing FX - I saw that they recently announced that it will be 'moving to Hulu for streaming services...'

I sure hope that doesn't mean it will be removed from Youtube.TV but it kinda sounds like it.
[Reply]
Fish 11:52 AM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm a big fan and yes, putting it on the FireStick was huge.

That said, it sounds like I might be losing FX - I saw that they recently announced that it will be 'moving to Hulu for streaming services...'

I sure hope that doesn't mean it will be removed from Youtube.TV but it kinda sounds like it.
I believe you're thinking of the current fight between Disney and Dish Network. Disney bought Fox. Their contract with Dish expired, and it looks like Disney might remove FX and NatGeo from Dish/SlingTV. I haven't seen anything involving Disney/FX and YoutubeTV though...
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:55 PM 11-08-2019
Yeah, we use Youtube TV, it's really good for recording those shows you never get to watch with unlimited DVR so we always watch Shark Tank, Price is Right, my wife gets to record her Judge Judy and daughter gets to record her kid shows. I was a little pissed when it went from $40 to $50 but it's been a good investment thus far.
[Reply]
-King- 11:21 PM 11-09-2019
Can you fast forward through ads on recorded content on YouTube live? I'm just fucking done with Hulu because of this shit.

I swear we're a year or 2 away from "reconnect the cord" being the new wave. Cable will be so much cheaper and convinient than all these streaming services that people will start to go back.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:42 PM 11-09-2019
you can drag a slider bar or click on a 15 second jump forward. I wish they also had a 1 minute jump, but it's still not bad. I sometimes jump 15 or even 30 seconds between snaps of games I don't care that much about. Like the Chargers self destructing.

YTTV is generally better than it was a couple of years ago. Smoother streaming and generally fewer problems. Although when I went to watch the Thursday night game on tape delay, it started with only one minute left in the first quarter. The whole first quarter was unavailable. Don't know what was up with that.

I liked it better when I was only paying $35 a month.
[Reply]
Fish 09:35 PM 05-27-2020
Some recent Youtube.TV updates....

Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and more Viacom channels coming to YouTube TV

Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CMT, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1 will all launch on YouTube TV this summer, the company announced today. The multi-year deal also includes prior CBS channels that were available to YouTube TV subscribers, including CBS broadcast stations, CBS Sports Network, Pop TV, Smithsonian Channel, and The CW. YouTube TV will also continue to carry ViacomCBS’ premium cable brand, Showtime, as part of the extended distribution agreement. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up