ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
pugsnotdrugs19 07:48 PM 02-16-2018
Worst case scenario, he still provides an upgrade to our CB depth.
[Reply]
DaKernal 07:52 PM 02-16-2018
Amerson sucks. He's horrible. He was getting torched in every game I watched the Raiders play. My best friend (raider fan) is laughing his ass off at this. No way he's better than Nelson.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:56 PM 02-16-2018
Chiefs signed CB David Amerson to a one-year, $2.25 million contract.
Amerson can earn another $3.75 million through incentives. This, of course, is not the destination the Raiders would have picked. Amerson, 26, stays in the AFC West with Kansas City, which needs a starting right cornerback across from LCB Marcus Peters with Kendall Fuller in the slot. Amerson was a 2015 revelation in Oakland after a trade from Washington, then fizzled out immediately after signing a 2016 five-year, $34 million deal. On a one-year prove-it contract with the Chiefs, Amerson will have full motivation in 2018.

Looks like the max he can get is $6 million.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 07:59 PM 02-16-2018
He's better than Gaines, but he still sucks.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:07 PM 02-16-2018
So this is interesting. Apparently Amerson missed the last 9 games last season. Team doctors were shooting up his shoulder at half time of the first Chiefs game when he complained about his foot being injured. This was the same game that Tyreek burned him, of course. Not that the foot injury would have mattered, but the point is he wasn’t healthy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-david-amerson

Originally Posted by :
In fact, it was against the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 19 when Amerson was in the locker room, getting his upper body checked out by team staff, that he noticed his lower body was hurting.

"Right before halftime, they were shooting up my shoulder and I told the trainers, 'Yo, something's wrong with my foot,'" Amerson recalled. "It felt like a burning sensation and it felt weak."

And while he said he was not diagnosed with a Lisfranc fracture, nor could he recall a specific play in which the foot was injured, Amerson said he did have ligament damage.

"It couldn't take the impact," Amerson said. "I couldn't push or cut."

[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:11 PM 02-16-2018
Peters, Fuller, Amerson, Nelson, Mitchell,
Out: Revis, Acker, and likely Gaines

Yeah, we are better in the secondary already.

I think Parker will get cut too. They need some range and speed at safety along with willing tacklers. I think McQuay sticks as cheap depth along with Terrell, but I expect a high pick investment in safety. Murray and Sorenson were not good last season.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:33 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Peters, Fuller, Amerson, Nelson, Mitchell,
Out: Revis, Acker, and likely Gaines

Yeah, we are better in the secondary already.

I think Parker will get cut too. They need some range and speed at safety along with willing tacklers. I think McQuay sticks as cheap depth along with Terrell, but I expect a high pick investment in safety. Murray and Sorenson were not good last season.
Will Redmond was a top 100 draft pick that Veach signed. Ashton Lampkin was taking 1st team reps in camp last year before he tore his ACL.

I think we’re fine at corner.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:39 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Will Redmond was a top 100 draft pick that Veach signed. Ashton Lampkin was taking 1st team reps in camp last year before he tore his ACL.

I’ll be a bit surprised if Lampkin doesn’t start the season on the PUP, as he tore his ACL on August 29, 2017.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:44 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Lampkin popped into my head a few hours ago. Wonder what they think of his long term potential?

It’s not like UDFAs can’t be big time players at that position. Harris Jr. and Bouye are two of the best in the game that were undrafted. Not that Lampkin will ever be that good, but I liked him coming out.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:14 PM 02-16-2018
From a Raiders forum...

Originally Posted by :
Amerson, if healthy ( A BIG IF), will look much better on KC defense. I think the guy is very talented but has been badly misused and poorly coached. That’s said, I think his release was mutually beneficial for both parties.

KC signing him actually helps us if there was any chance he would file and win a grievance against us. He could potentially still do so since it seems his contract isn’t fully guaranteed with KC and was guaranteed for injury with us; however, he will probaly be much less inclined to pursue this since he’s caught on with another team

[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:14 PM 02-16-2018
And one perk:

Amerson does not count against the compensatory pick formula as he was released by Oakland.

Watch Veach do the same with Wilkerson out of New York.... :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:15 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
And one perk:

Amerson does not count against the compensatory pick formula as he was released by Oakland.

Watch Veach do the same with Wilkerson out of New York.... :-)
If we could sign Mo and draft Tim Settle, our DL could be bonkers.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:18 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If we could sign Mo and draft Tim Settle, our DL could be bonkers.
No shit. That would be a mini-fantasy offseason....
[Reply]
RunKC 08:18 PM 02-16-2018
He was very good before he got hurt last year.

Originally Posted by :
David Amerson, CB, Oakland Raiders

Amerson was the Redskins’ second-round pick in 2013, and saw the field in every game during his rookie season. He struggled with consistency throughout the year, and finished with a relatively low coverage grade, which placed him 92nd out of 110 cornerbacks. Last season his coverage grade dropped even further, and he slid all the way down to 106th at his position. Amerson was released after Week 1 this season, and was subsequently picked up by the Raiders, where he’s been a completely different player ever since.

The former NC State standout posted a positive production grade in 2015, despite being targeted 104 times (sixth-most among NFL CBs). On those targets, he allowed just 58 completions and one touchdown. He tied for fifth overall with 13 passes defensed, and also picked off four passes. Last season, he allowed more completions (61) on fewer targets (91), and an NFL-high 10 touchdowns when targeted. Quarterbacks had a 140.2 rating when targeting Amerson in 2014; this season, that number has dropped to 62.7. His improvements have brought him up to an 83.4 overall grade, good for 15th out of all cornerbacks this season.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...layers-in-2015
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:26 PM 02-16-2018
Can he play safety?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up