ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>If Reid doesn't get fired
FlintHillsChiefs 07:11 PM 01-06-2018
I'm fucking done. The tub of gelatinous goo can go FUCK himself. FIRE him or I quit
[Reply]
Toad 10:34 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I'm not quite so sure, I saw Andy looking at the play sheet quite often in the second half...
I think you're right. I saw the same thing. At one point, they showed where Andy seemed to look at his sheet and call in the play while he covered his mouth with said play sheet.

If he truly took play calling back from Nagy after the success Nagy had, that is ego and/or stubbornness on Reid's part.
[Reply]
Manila-Chief 08:52 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The fact that people think Reid is in any danger of getting fired is evidence of how far out of touch some are with how this whole thing works.
Oh, I know Reid will NOT be fired. It is an illustration of this franchise since Hank was fired. The goal seems to be to win enough games to keep fans and $$$ rolling into the bank.

The comment regarding Marty is spot on ... but, "fool me once ... fool me twice ...." or something like that. Therefore, I've seen how the Marty era turned out and I believe the same thing is happening again with Reid. Most coaches do not have the skills to win big games ... Therefore, I believe it is time to give another coach an opportunity. Yep, he will probably be another Todd Haley but maybe we will hit the 25% success rate.

And the comment was made ... something along the lines of "at least we are not like all those teams that seldom make the playoff." And I ask ... how are we any different? The goal is to win a championship ... not win 10 games and give the wild card team a victory ... at home ... and with a big lead at half time. At the end of the day (or season) we are no better off than a bottom feeder. We are left with a huge disappointment.

Guys, if it had just happened once ... well okay ... but this is Reid's 19th. season ... only lead a team to the SB one time and lost. Most of the time his teams do NOT even get close to the SB. The evidence says that he never will and I think the team should move on. NO they will not because of their tradition and $$$$!!!
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:59 AM 01-07-2018
How is retaining Reid any different than the Bengals retaining Marvin Lewis?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 AM 01-07-2018
People want to throw stability in the trash just when we've got our golden goose QB.

SMH
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:01 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by cavtrp1:
****ing Reid ! Is Marty Schottenheimer 2.0
No - Marty never had large leads in the playoffs, due to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:01 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The Chiefs can sell AFC West Champion t-shirts and gear.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:01 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
People want to throw stability in the trash just when we've got our golden goose QB.

SMH
Aren't you banned?
[Reply]
wazu 10:02 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Lewis has had 15 years, hasn't won nearly as many games, and zero playoff wins. And really doesn't offer any hope for anything better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Aren't you banned?
Definitely not. Here for awhile, bud. Enjoy.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:04 AM 01-07-2018
I’m fine with Reid the head coach. Not so much when he is calling the plays. That second half just stunk of his playcalling.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:05 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I’m fine with Reid the head coach. Not so much when he is calling the plays. That second half just stunk of his playcalling.
Never once believed Nagy was calling plays.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:06 AM 01-07-2018
All consistently winning 10-12 games a year is keep you in football purgatory; you aren't in position to draft great players to rebuild you team and you end up with a decade of Marty and half a decade with Reid. How is this team in better position than the rest of the teams in the division? The Chargers are loaded and just need a QB that protects the ball. I have no idea why they let Rivers throw the ball up for grabs in the last game, Melvin Gordon was killing us.

Welcome to flyover country. Home of the Chiefs.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:07 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
FIRE THE TUB OF LARD.
And replace him with who?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:29 AM 01-07-2018
Reid isn’t going anywhere.

Most realistic scenario is that he finally makes long needed changes to his coaching staff... i.e. a new defensive coordinator, a new offensive line coach and completely delegating playcalling responsibilities to Nagy.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:30 AM 01-07-2018
Reid isn't going to get fired.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up