ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Belichick done in NE
SHOWTIME 06:13 AM 01-11-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

The #Patriots are moving on and so is the greatest coach of all time.

Bill Belichick won’t be New England’s coach in 2024, per me and @TomPelissero, as his celebrated 24-year tenure, one that included 6 Super Bowl wins, is over. A new era awaits. pic.twitter.com/QRqfe2lkHh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 11, 2024

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:31 AM 01-11-2024
I guess Black Monday is just for the one and done, now
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
NFC East is tougher than the AFC West. The Commanders roster is straight ass. They are headed for a total rebuild. Chargers have a QB and other solid talent across the roster. They're as good as it gets. He doesn't have to win the division to break Shula's record and show he can be competitive without Brady. But if he goes to Washington it will likely be worse than the situation he just left.
The NFC East has the Eagles, who seem to be imploding, the Giants and Brian Daboll and Mike Mccarthy's Cowboys who are about to pay Dak Prescott 60 million dollars a year.

The Commanders have a decent roster, 80 million in cap space, and the 2nd overall pick. Not just in the first, but in every round.
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 01-11-2024
The Chargers are 40 million dollars over the cap in 24.

They're probably cutting 3 of their best players
[Reply]
milkshock 08:36 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chargers are 40 million dollars over the cap in 24.

They're probably cutting 3 of their best players
Yet Jim Harbaugh is still going there.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 01-11-2024
The Spanos family isn't paying Jim Harbaugh
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 01-11-2024
The Commander owner has unlimited money based on my reading and is wanting excitement to build a new stadium.
[Reply]
wazu 08:41 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The NFC East has the Eagles, who seem to be imploding, the Giants and Brian Daboll and Mike Mccarthy's Cowboys who are about to pay Dak Prescott 60 million dollars a year.

The Commanders have a decent roster, 80 million in cap space, and the 2nd overall pick. Not just in the first, but in every round.
The Eagles and Cowboys will both be good going forward. AFC West will only have one other competitor. As for the Commanders having a decent roster I disagree. The 80 mill and 2nd pick is great if you want to get involved in a full rebuild. Ideal situation for a younger offensive-minded coach who can develop a QB.

The point about the Chargers having more cap problems is sound, but any team in the NFL would happily deal with that if it means they have a legit franchise QB.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:46 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
He was the last coach to win a playoff game in Cleveland before the 2020 season..
That makes him the John Macovick of Browns' coaching.
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
The Eagles and Cowboys will both be good going forward. AFC West will only have one other competitor. As for the Commanders having a decent roster I disagree. The 80 mill and 2nd pick is great if you want to get involved in a full rebuild. Ideal situation for a younger offensive-minded coach who can develop a QB.

The point about the Chargers having more cap problems is sound, but any team in the NFL would happily deal with that if it means they have a legit franchise QB.
Said franchise QB has already been paid. We all know what that means.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 01-11-2024
McLaurin, Payne, Jonathan Allen are already there in Washington, they've got some young WR's.

More than anything, they have flexibility. The cap space and the picks. You can turn that around fairly quickly if you hit on a QB at 2, or get some team to trade up for one and you put guys around a place holder and build it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:52 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He turns 72 in April. What stupid team would want to hire this guy?

Any team dumb enough to hire Brandon Staley or Arthur Smith is dumb enough to hire a guy that old
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:54 AM 01-11-2024
Also other than random interim guys, the oldest head coaches have topped out around 72/73. Nobody has gone higher than that.

This is pretty foolish taking this asshole on for a few seasons
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 08:59 AM 01-11-2024
Who says he even coaches again? I say he will be spending time at the masseuse with Kraft and getting fat.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:02 AM 01-11-2024
I doubt he coaches again. Why would he go to Washington to try to turn around a garbage team with no QB when he's 72?
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I doubt he coaches again. Why would he go to Washington to try to turn around a garbage team with no QB when he's 72?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up