ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd rather flip a later rounder to the Giants for whats his face.
Eli Apple already got dumped, is there someone else they're shopping?

I mean if I'm gonna make a deal strictly on measurables and ignore performance, why wouldn't I call the Steelers on Artie Burns?
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I mean if I'm gonna make a deal strictly on measurables and ignore performance, why wouldn't I call the Steelers on Artie Burns?
Janoris Jenkins

He's old and may not be what he once was, but i'm not really looking for more than a bandaid at this point.

The long term guy has to come from the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 07-22-2019
Janoris Jenkins

He's old and may not be what he once was, but i'm not really looking for more than a bandaid at this point.

The long term guy has to come from the draft.
Oh holy fuck no.

I'd take Fields over him for sure. I don't even like Smith and I'd prefer Smith. Whoever that completely fungible 5th round CB we got is a better idea.

Janoris Jenkins has Dunta Robinson written all over him. If he's on the team all season, he'll cut our throats at the worst possible time.
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 07-22-2019
Oh holy **** no.

I'd take Fields over him for sure. I don't even like Smith and I'd prefer Smith. Whoever that completely fungible 5th round CB we got is a better idea.

Janoris Jenkins has Dunta Robinson written all over him. If he's on the team all season, he'll cut our throats at the worst possible time.
Yeah, he may be.

But he's atleast excelled in this system so that's one thing.

I wouldn't really be excited about it, but just saying i'd rather do that than Waynes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:41 AM 07-22-2019

the stealers are pretending they are still contenders. would they really do anything to aid and afc rival?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 AM 07-22-2019
This really doesn't bother me. Our defense is built around overpaying players in year 1 and 2 in the hope of developing somebody better. It gives us a chance to cokpete while mahomes is cheap and a chance to bailout when he's not. I'd honestly rather an average player who's OK with that vs a great player who wants a long term deal or steals away a high value draft pick who can be a cheap future starter. We're at a point where we have to be really, really careful about what kind of great players get large deals and where we really want to save our high picks.
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 07-22-2019
Definitely can't have stars, but they also haven't put many resources into the spot. I think that's what worries some.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:21 AM 07-22-2019
Definitely can't have stars, but they also haven't put many resources into the spot. I think that's what worries some.
They’ve put resources there, just not top end talent. I’m glad Veach didn’t give up tons of resources to trade up for Byron Murphy or Rock Ya Sin.

Bashaud Breeland was about to be given a huge contract before he got hurt. Then after some recovery time, he had 4 passes defended, 2 INT’s and a TD in only 7 games.

He’s in a contract year too. Like Fuller, he hasn’t received his first big contract yet.

I think we’ll see Fuller and Breeland playing their best football this year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’ve put resources there, just not top end talent. I’m glad Veach didn’t give up tons of resources to trade up for Byron Murphy or Rock Ya Sin.

Bashaud Breeland was about to be given a huge contract before he got hurt. Then after some recovery time, he had 4 passes defended, 2 INT’s and a TD in only 7 games.

He’s in a contract year too. Like Fuller, he hasn’t received his first big contract yet.

I think i'd have rather put resources into one of those CB's vs a WR though, simply because we've seen with Andy, they can develop WR's.

They haven't developed a CB worth a shit
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:28 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Murphy was their guy
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:26 AM 07-22-2019
The CB situation right now is not good. It's not bad but risky and could ruin a SB run.

Fuller is a solid player and can be great. Breeland and Ward there is a chance they could be good but they're unknown because of injury or limited play.

Ideally, you'd like to have a group of four solid CBs.

I am sure Veach is going to trade for one. Peterson would be perfect for this team but it's looking like it won't happen.

I guess Waynes would be OK. At least, you'd have 4 CBs who you think are starting caliber players.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 07-22-2019
Veach likes to take previous under achieving high picks that are in new coaching staffs and such and trade for them.

So lets look around at who that could be.

Would the Bucs be interested in moving Hargreaves?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:34 AM 07-22-2019
No interest in Waynes. I don't want to pay his ass and i don't wanna waste a pick on a 1 year rental. He's not good enough for the pay he'll certainly demand, and will likely receive on the open market.
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No interest in Waynes. I don't want to pay his ass and i don't wanna waste a pick on a 1 year rental. He's not good enough for the pay he'll certainly demand, and will likely receive on the open market.
Yep.

If I'm gonna trade a highish pick for someone, it's gonna be a stud or someone already under contract.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:35 AM 07-22-2019
We'll have a new CB or two by the time week 1 rolls around, but we're likely looking at another Ward type scenario.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up