ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pizza Hut to offer a better Burger
srvy 08:10 AM 05-15-2024
The new Cheese Burger Melt for a limited time. This will probably bomb like when Micky D offered pizza by the slice. Get ready to get out and get these kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...t/73690348007/

I'll wait for Review Bra's opinion on this.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:10 AM 05-15-2024
Pizza Hut used to be great but somewhere along the line they turned into cardboard/insulation.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:12 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I guess I don’t know what exactly people mean when they say this.
Portion size, quality of ingredients, and price are the determining factors I would guess.
[Reply]
srvy 11:25 AM 05-15-2024
Oh I definitely agree there are better places. But Pizza Hut seems to get talked about around here like it’s what you get at a kids indoor playground. If I’m looking for a quick relatively cheap pizza I’m not going out of my way to avoid Pizza Hut or Dominos. I’ll bet whichever is nearby and be perfectly happy.
In the school district my kids went too the old square deep dish pizzas the lunch ladies used to make by hand were discontinued. The kids wouldn't eat it. They now have pepperoni and cheese pizzas delivered by Pizza Hut they warm up. Its now the popular lunch item again. It goes to show getting served trash pizza out makes kids grow used to it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:25 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
I had an opportunity, and I found it surprisingly meh. Not really bad. But not as good as I'd anticipated. I think their Prime Cut or Papa Minsky's pizzas are better to be honest.
I pretty much always get a prime cut calzone... it has everything I'd want from any of their other pizzas.
[Reply]
srvy 11:37 AM 05-15-2024
I was flipping channels Saturday morning last week and America Test Kitchen had a taste testing of Americas most popular BBQ sauces. So I had to watch and low and behold the top 4 they tested due to popularity! Kraft, Stubbs, Bullseye and a brand I never seen in my area and cant remember its name. The winner was Bullseye which I have had years and years ago and didn't care for. Kraft is horrendous and Stubbs is a watery mess. I think people judge this by what they get in a plastic package in a fast-food place.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:40 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Pizza Hut used to be great but somewhere along the line they turned into cardboard/insulation.
This.

All their crusts are different now and I'll assume the toppings are as well. It was the premier pizza place here in town for well over a decade when it actually use to be delicious...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:43 AM 05-15-2024
Had the Pizza Hut deal for lunch. It was a personal pan and wings. Not bad for around 6 bucks
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:51 AM 05-15-2024
I guess I don’t know what exactly people mean when they say this.
I genuinely cannot understand how this could possibly be confusing. Pizza Hut used to be a sit down restaurant with freshly made ingredients in house and it's been in a constant downhill decline in quality ever since Yum bought it in the 90s.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:52 AM 05-15-2024
Sometimes I still get the personal pan pepperoni pizza!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:54 AM 05-15-2024
I like Pizza Hut just fine. My theory about people saying it “used to be good” are just referring to their younger years as kids when pizza was also closely associated with positive memories and they also had less pizza/food quality experiences for comparison. Basically they had lower standards and expectations and pizza was seen as a fun food so it use to taste “better” than now.
Not true. They used to use fresh ingredients. Now it's frozen. Same with Taco Bell.

Same trash parent owner I believe now
[Reply]
philfree 11:55 AM 05-15-2024
That doesn't look bad but those fingernails aren't helping. Probably be alright the first time and the diminishing marginal my utility will set in with each successive one you eat. Where I live my favorite pizza is McSalty's and then we still have A Godfathers or two here and those are good. And when traveling we always locate the Casey's for gas RR and a slice of Pizza.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:58 AM 05-15-2024
To get actually good pizza you have to skip the chain restaurants. You have to pay more at a real pizza place.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:58 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
YUM foods?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:59 AM 05-15-2024
May also be a better Pizza Hut near you, but the one in my area is bottom tier. Ordered a meat lovers and for some reason they put each meat into its own section on the pizza instead of mixing them throughout. At that level of incompetence not trusting you with my food anymore.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:01 PM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I genuinely cannot understand how this could possibly be confusing. Pizza Hut used to be a sit down restaurant with freshly made ingredients in house and it's been in a constant downhill decline in quality ever since Yum bought it in the 90s.
Yes. Yum foods acquired them and Taco Bell and ran them into the ground quality wise. They ARE STILL coasting on that past reputation and brand recognition today.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up