ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing Kareem Hunt killed us
Megatron96 01:11 PM 10-14-2019
Fact: since cutting Kareem Hunt, the Chiefs record, including this season, is 7-5.

Now, not all of that is about Hunt. The Chiefs have had an entire off-season, a new DC, switched from 3-4 to 4-3, new players, injuries to the OL, etc, and so on. It's not all about one RB.

But Hunt was a 3-down back, that could get yards on the ground where Damien and Darrel can't. The Chiefs could lean on Hunt to make up for, and hide a lot of issues, on the OL.

If you lose that much production, you have to makeup for it somewhere else. This year we lost Hill and Watkins, Fisher, brought in a new center, Shady got dinged, etc.

Hill, Watkins, and Fisher combined on the field can hide a lot of flaws in this team. To the point a lot of people were saying silly things like, Damien is as good as Hunt ever was, because the stats over 5 games seemed to suggest it. But again the stats aren't the whole story; the eye test suggested something else.

The truth is, that Hunt got a lot of yards by grinding, and fighting for them. They were yards that he got almost by himself.

Damien isn't that guy. He's a speed back. He's finesse where Hunt had more of a punch-you-in-the-mouth capability.

Damien needs good OL play to get his yards. Hunt's production wasn't as tied to great OL play. Simple.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:13 PM 10-14-2019
McCoy is running for 5.3 ypc you fucking moron
[Reply]
Mecca 01:16 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
McCoy is running for 5.3 ypc you fucking moron
With his 7 carries a game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:19 PM 10-14-2019

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy says the offense is "not clicking, not getting it done." Says they do need to run the ball, but doesn't want to second-guess decisions in the RPO game.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) October 14, 2019

[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:22 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
LETS RUN THE BALL ON 2ND AND 14 ON POSSIBLY OUR LAST DRIVE OF THE GAME, THAT'LL THROW THEM FOR A LOOP!!!
[Reply]
Jerm 01:30 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
So EB just confirming what we all already knew....he's a yes man and it's Andy's show.

Well fuck anything he has to say in the future.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:32 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So EB just confirming what we all already knew....he's a yes man and it's Andy's show.

Well fuck anything he has to say in the future.
Pretty sure it all is, Veach, Bienemy it's all Reid.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:35 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Pretty sure it all is, Veach, Bienemy it's all Reid.
Andy is going to let his massive ego cost him a title (multiple titles perhaps) and maybe even the Hall of Fame.

For such a smart guy he sure is a ****ing idiot.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:21 PM 10-14-2019
Couldn't agree more. This game and the Colts game - we could just pound Hunt until he wears the D down and breaks one. We should at least be trying that with Darrel Williams now imo.

So dumb to just cut him. At least trade him or something. Ugh.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:12 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Couldn't agree more. This game and the Colts game - we could just pound Hunt until he wears the D down and breaks one. We should at least be trying that with Darrel Williams now imo.

So dumb to just cut him. At least trade him or something. Ugh.
Please explain to me how a suspended player could have helped us the last 2 games??
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:39 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Please explain to me how a suspended player could have helped us the last 2 games??
If he wasn't suspended.

Then I complained about just cutting him. I wasn't connecting the two things.
[Reply]
TEX 10:24 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If he wasn't suspended.

Then I complained about just cutting him. I wasn't connecting the two things.
Oh, I think everyone knew what you meant. "Smart guys" like to point out that Hunt would be suspended now so he could not help. That only works for 2 more weeks.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:23 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Oh, I think everyone knew what you meant. "Smart guys" like to point out that Hunt would be suspended now so he could not help. That only works for 2 more weeks.
No. I'm not trying to be a "smart guy". I just don't see the point of complaining about how much better this team would be with Hunt while we wouldn't have him now anyway. If he was tearing things up in Cleveland, then I could see it. He could just come in and be average in their offense. We don't know yet.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:22 PM 10-14-2019
So basically EB is saying we don’t have a play where we line up in the I and just give the running back the ball. Fuck him
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:23 PM 10-14-2019
I’m starting to not like Bieniemy. Run the fucking ball you moron. Guess what. If you run the ball the RPO will be there. At this point just have Mahomes call the plays
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up