ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 391 of 663
« First < 291341381387388389390391 392393394395401441491 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 07:42 PM 01-31-2016
This is awesome. USADA showed up at Mighty Mouse's house while he was streaming on twitch.

"Well, well, well. Come on in, USADA!"

https://streamable.com/qdsv
[Reply]
Pants 09:51 PM 01-31-2016
Originally Posted by alnorth:
This is awesome. USADA showed up at Mighty Mouse's house while he was streaming on twitch.

"Well, well, well. Come on in, USADA!"

https://streamable.com/qdsv
That is fucking awesome.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:03 PM 01-31-2016
Barring a very surprising short-notice change, we won't have a title fight in February, so updated title history for next month.
Attached: UFC Title History.xls (40.5 KB) 
[Reply]
frankotank 09:58 AM 02-01-2016
I cracked up at the guy who beat Sage doing the somersault after the fight.

boy....he sure did tap fast. almost like....he wasn't even trying.... :-)
[Reply]
alnorth 10:35 AM 02-01-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I cracked up at the guy who beat Sage doing the somersault after the fight.

boy....he sure did tap fast. almost like....he wasn't even trying.... :-)
He apparently panicked, and his ground game is a lot worse than expected.

I am not a BJJ expert at all, and I can't always tell a "bad tap", though Rogan clearly was shocked by it. However, from reading the comments of a lot of jiu-jitsu experts on the internet, tapping out in that situation is a rookie white belt move, and whoever gave him his purple belt should be embarrassed.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:51 PM 02-01-2016
Benson Henderson has signed with Bellator. He's said he wants to retire with the UFC, but right now he wants to be paid and Bellator offered him more money.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:22 PM 02-02-2016
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2/...luding-bans-on

The CSAC just passed a lot of "emergency" weight-cutting rules for fights in California. They pretty much did everything they could to ban dehydration for weight-cutting. The new rules go into effect on March 1st.

IV rehydrating is banned, so that will impact all promotions for the state, not just the UFC. (If its medically necessary, they might give a waiver, but the IV can't be for rehydrating, and if you need an IV for another medical reason you probably wont be allowed to fight)

Also, the CSAC will test urine for signs of dehydration (unclear if this is just the day of weigh-ins), if you fail the test you get 2-3 hours to try to rehydrate. If you fail the test again or the doctor sees signs of dehydration, the bout will be called off. The CSAC is also giving promotions and fighters the ability to move weigh-ins back up to 30 hours before the event. In the future, they will look into possibly moving weigh ins to 72 hours before the event.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:30 PM 02-02-2016
In other news, Hendricks is no longer fat. He lost a lot of weight and looks pretty good. If he keeps that up, he should no longer have issues making 170

[Reply]
New World Order 07:32 PM 02-02-2016
He apparently panicked, and his ground game is a lot worse than expected.

I am not a BJJ expert at all, and I can't always tell a "bad tap", though Rogan clearly was shocked by it. However, from reading the comments of a lot of jiu-jitsu experts on the internet, tapping out in that situation is a rookie white belt move, and whoever gave him his purple belt should be embarrassed.

He looked gassed mid first round
[Reply]
alnorth 08:28 PM 02-02-2016
Henderson said the UFC's contract offer was 3rd behind Bellator and ONE. It wasn't just about base pay and sponsorships, Bellator also offered him other fringe benefits, and granted him permission to participate in kickboxing and jiu-jitsu tournaments.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:42 PM 02-02-2016
The UFC signed some interesting Russian LHW prospect...... and USADA pops him before he can even make his debut. :-)
[Reply]
Sorter 10:06 PM 02-02-2016
Henderson said the UFC's contract offer was 3rd behind Bellator and ONE. It wasn't just about base pay and sponsorships, Bellator also offered him other fringe benefits, and granted him permission to participate in kickboxing and jiu-jitsu tournaments.
I think the Reebok deal is going to fuck over the UFC in signing fighters from other decent orgs in the next few years, in addition to fighters leaving because of it.

Sponsors are critical to the lower-mid tier guys who don't get bonuses.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:44 PM 02-02-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I think the Reebok deal is going to fuck over the UFC in signing fighters from other decent orgs in the next few years, in addition to fighters leaving because of it.

Sponsors are critical to the lower-mid tier guys who don't get bonuses.
They will probably lose some higher-level fighters who the UFC wants but doesn't badly want. They can still pay the champion and the top 2 or 3 contenders a lot of money in each division, but below that, you are either accepting less money hoping to break through, or you realize you wont get there and take more money with a 2nd-tier promotion.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:51 PM 02-03-2016
Wow, Tim Means got popped by USADA. He's supposed to fight Cowboy in the main event for the Pittsburgh card in 2.5 weeks. UFC has to find a short-notice opponent for Cowboy.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:51 PM 02-03-2016
Chris Weidman is getting an immediate rematch against Rockhold, in June.

When you look around at the ruined, barren wasteland that is the middleweight division, it probably makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 391 of 663
« First < 291341381387388389390391 392393394395401441491 > Last »
Up