ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 62
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:11 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Rodgers has the argument on his side that his weapons are not good enough as the ones Mahomes has.
This is proven to be false. Please stop with that nonsense.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:13 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Mahomes has had 6 turnovers in the last few games. Need to stop that shit
I think both him and Brees were taking chances they normally wouldn't take yesterday (at least, I assume Brees doesn't often throw into triple coverage, etc.).

He has looked a little off at times though over the past couple games, but also playing a few of the better defenses in the league lately... I mentioned in the game thread yesterday that it's kind of crazy we think cross-body, cross-field throws are automatic for him, so when he does overthrow one... WTF, Mahomes?! :-)
[Reply]
NEOM 10:15 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This is proven to be false. Please stop with that nonsense.
but it is true
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:17 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think both him and Brees were taking chances they normally wouldn't take yesterday (at least, I assume Brees doesn't often throw into triple coverage, etc.).

He has looked a little off at times though over the past couple games, but also playing a few of the better defenses in the league lately... I mentioned in the game thread yesterday that it's kind of crazy we think cross-body, cross-field throws are automatic for him, so when he does overthrow one... WTF, Mahomes?! :-)
If you think about what we are asking Mahomes to do, behind this patchwork OL, and the expectation level of this fan base of Pat having to be perfect....it's pretty crazy. We have a lot of offensive weapons, but it becomes infinitely more difficult when the protection is nil. As I said, I think this might be his greatest portfolio of work yet.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:18 AM 12-21-2020
but it is true
OL is a weapon, a huge one for Rodgers. He would have struggled big time yesterday with KC’s dogshit OL against the Saints.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:20 AM 12-21-2020
Shannon Sharpe argued that Mahomes just did what few in NFL history could do against the pressure he was under from New Orleans.

Skip then argued NO didn't play well against Jalen Hurts. NO did not come after Hurts like that..they played him like a hyper mobile QB and treated Pat like a pocket passer. Two totally different gameplans.

And for the record, I mentioned NO played Hurts terribly and would look much different against us before the game.
[Reply]
-King- 10:23 AM 12-21-2020

Mahomes vs Rodgers in common opponents (Texans, Bucs, Saints and Panthers)
*KC still has ATL to play.

Aaron Rodgers
Record: 3-1
80/130
869yds
8 TDs
2 INTs

Patrick Mahomes
Record: 4-0
117/173
13 TDs
0 INTs

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 21, 2020

[Reply]
ptlyon 10:24 AM 12-21-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:25 AM 12-21-2020

The Chiefs have now faced a top-five defense on nine occasions with Patrick Mahomes as their starter, per @EliasSports.

In those games, they are 9-0 and averaging 29.0 points per game. Pretty decent.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) December 21, 2020

[Reply]
tredadda 10:38 AM 12-21-2020
but it is true
Explain how it's true in spite of everyone proving its false.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:44 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
If you think about what we are asking Mahomes to do, behind this patchwork OL, and the expectation level of this fan base of Pat having to be perfect....it's pretty crazy. We have a lot of offensive weapons, but it becomes infinitely more difficult when the protection is nil. As I said, I think this might be his greatest portfolio of work yet.
Yeah, to put up 32 points on a team that doesn't have to blitz at all to get pressure in what seems like half a second on every drop back... :-)

I am surprised they didn't do more to help his cause in the first half... they have a lot of designed move-the-pocket/roll out plays and I don't remember one?

On a side note, I remember back in the day, reading complaints about the offensive line because the Cassels and Alex Smiths of the world took sacks at the slightest sign of a pass rush.... and then I'd watch Aaron Rodgers and other QBs with struggling or outright terrible offensive lines and it was night and day how much more effective they were under pressure.

Not to compare with this offensive line, of course... it just goes to show how spoiled we are now. It feels good. :-)
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 10:45 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Shannon Sharpe argued that Mahomes just did what few in NFL history could do against the pressure he was under from New Orleans.

Skip then argued NO didn't play well against Jalen Hurts. NO did not come after Hurts like that..they played him like a hyper mobile QB and treated Pat like a pocket passer. Two totally different gameplans.

And for the record, I mentioned NO played Hurts terribly and would look much different against us before the game.
Everything Skip says about us is fake. It's all written to make the show more interesting. It's fictional arguing.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:51 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Explain how it's true in spite of everyone proving its false.
I think he likes to ignore the fact that Davante Adams is sub to Tyreek Hill (lol), and that Aaron Jones someone doesn't exist. Valdes-Scantling has better stats than any of our secondary WR's. The only clear cut win we have, and it's a big one, is Kelce. But, he completely negates the fact that the GB OL is one of the best in the NFL. He assumes that means little in the way that it impacts Rogers effectiveness. Would love to see A-Aron try and put up his current stats behind the KC OL.
[Reply]
emaw1979 10:54 AM 12-21-2020
Rodgers has the argument on his side that his weapons are not good enough as the ones Mahomes has.
This is a lazy and horrible argument that may have been true a few years ago but not now.

The only difference KC really has weapons wise is Kelce but their TE is pretty good. That being said, their OLine is one of the best in the league and the Chiefs currently have one of the worst I've ever seen. A decent QB could thrive in an offense with a very good line regardless of weapons. At Rodgers' age, he wouldn't survive a season behind the Chiefs line.

AND, GB is a run-first team and it opens the passing game for Rodgers. The Chiefs are a pass-first, second, and third with a really non-existent running game outside of 2 games where they ran it to show teams they could if they continue to drop 7 into coverage.

Mahomes should be the clear leader in the MVP race.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:01 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think this is due to being it an era of offense than anything. But yeah impressive stat. Def an offensive league now though.

You can't really stop our O. Too many weapons and when they arent open Mahomes can buy them time so they can get separation. Almost impossible to stop.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 62
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up