ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 57
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think Lamar is just a more quiet and soft-spoken guy (introverted personality). Mahomes has more of the extrovert personality.
He's just not very marketable in the way that other guys like Mahomes are.

Nothing against him personally or anything but it's hard to make a guy like this the face of a sport.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I agree that if they want this to be a real rivalry, the Ravens need to start winning against Mahomes pretty soon. They're catching KC at the right time to do it. KC defense looks very shaky, and Mahomes himself has not had the Super A-game so far this year. We'll see how it goes Monday. Chiefs will need to step up their game in a big way if they want to win.

Now as far as the MVP last year, Lamar deserved it for sure. He played lights out. The only other guy who really deserved it for regular season might be Russell Wilson. But Russell kind of faded in the later part of the season while Lamar continued playing extremely well.

I suppose you could argue that the MVP voting should wait until the playoffs are over. Mahomes certainly showed how valuable he is in the Chiefs' playoff run, winning 3 straight high pressure playoff games in convincing fashion while down double digits. NBA history is loaded with regular season MVP's who faceplanted against historically great players in the playoffs. Several examples are MVP David Robinson against Hakeem Olajuwon, MVP Karl Malone against Michael Jordan, and MVP Steph Curry against LeBron James.
That's why I posted the pic.

Lamar was the regular season MVP (so of course was Pat but put that aside) but that pales in comparison to being the Super Bowl MVP.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:05 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens_Visitor:
That makes no sense, the Ravens have an MVP quarterback, who is arguably the biggest superstar in the game today.

Vidya gaemz @thegamechasers pic.twitter.com/cdz6ld4wAf

— Kazzle 🤓 (@KazzleByDesign) September 25, 2020

[Reply]
Chieftain 12:14 PM 09-25-2020
If Lamar is the biggest superstar in the NFL, my left testicle is chinese.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:59 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens_Visitor:
That makes no sense, the Ravens have an MVP quarterback, who is arguably the biggest superstar in the game today.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
[Reply]
Ravens213 01:07 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You know who I see on TV in commercials all the time? Mahomie. He has a weird voice, but he's well spoken and is the face of the NFL and it's biggest superstar. You know who I don't see on TV all the time? His counterpart in Baltimore, likely because not only is he lesser of a player, but he's also not as marketable as he can barely put together a coherent sentence.
Guess what? He isn’t marketable to you but he is marketable to all the urban black kids that idolize him. Not all nfl fans are suburban douche bags that scream at their tv because they peaked in high school. People that grew up like Lamar connect with him way more than they do with Mahomes... that’s just a fact. So next time remember that just bc YOU don’t connect with someone doesn’t mean that everyone else doesn’t too. What should we expect from a fan base that boos a sign of unity though?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:11 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
Guess what? He isn’t marketable to you but he is marketable to all the urban black kids that idolize him. Not all nfl fans are suburban douche bags that scream at their tv because they peaked in high school. People that grew up like Lamar connect with him way more than they do with Mahomes... that’s just a fact. So next time remember that just bc YOU don’t connect with someone doesn’t mean that everyone else doesn’t too. What should we expect from a fan base that boos a sign of unity though?
Someone’s feelings are hurt
[Reply]
Mecca 01:12 PM 09-25-2020
Did you just imply that Mahomes isn't black enough?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:12 PM 09-25-2020
I don't know what 'market-ability' has to do with winning a football game . . .
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't know what 'market-ability' has to do with winning a football game . . .
Ask the Ravens fan. He's the one that said Lamar Jackson is "arguably the biggest superstar in the game today."
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:15 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Did you just imply that Mahomes isn't black enough?
That's EXACTLY what he implied.

Another BLM activist (or apologist?)

Keep your racist crap out of our Lounge, Ravens213, or you'll find yourself banned quicker than you can type 'Uncle Tom'.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 09-25-2020
:-)

If all fails, play the race card.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:32 PM 09-25-2020
Race doesn't have anything to do with it. Lamar is a more quiet and soft-spoken guy. If he had the extroverted personality of Michael Jordan, that would really help him in terms of being able to do the commercials in a bigger way. Everyone is wired different. Lamar does not seem to be wired in that "salesman" extroverted manner like a Michael Jordan (or Mahomes for that matter).

But anyway, since you brought up the race issue. Should I point out that black folks make up less than 15% of the population? In terms of marketing, you want to appeal to EVERYONE. Mahomes is pretty damn good at this. Jordan was a master of it. So was Tiger until he got himself in trouble with the marriage scandal.
[Reply]
Ravens213 01:35 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
That's EXACTLY what he implied.

Another BLM activist (or apologist?)

Keep your racist crap out of our Lounge, Ravens213, or you'll find yourself banned quicker than you can type 'Uncle Tom'.
Lol this comment tells me all I need to know. You really responded with this when I said that Lamar is more marketable to a different group of people than what appears to make up the vast majority of this message board? He doesn’t intend to be marketable to you and he never will be.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:44 PM 09-25-2020
Lol this comment tells me all I need to know. You really responded with this when I said that Lamar is more marketable to a different group of people than what appears to make up the vast majority of this message board? He doesn’t intend to be marketable to you and he never will be.
He's not marketable at all, really, unless they just wanna show clips of him running around.

He's got mush-mouth, it's hard to understand what he's saying. He won't be doing any State Farm commercials any time soon.

Arguing against Mahomes regarding marketability is about the dumbest take you coulda had. We're talking about a guy that's half black, half white with a squeaky clean background and is the most electrifying QB the NFL has seen since a young Rodgers.

And sorry kiddo, but even black folk like a winner and want to associate with the best. Lamar needs to win a game that matters before he can even join the conversation.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 57
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up