Rules

Spoiler!

Chiefs Planet Bowl I Champions: KCrockaholic—Chiefs
Chiefs Planet Bowl II Champions: KCrockaholic—Chiefs
Chiefs Planet Bowl III Champions: KCrockaholic—Chiefs
Chiefs Planet Bowl IV Champions: KCrockaholic—Chiefs
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:57 AM 03-05-2018
So I'm playing my first game ever (exhibition) on All-Madden mode.

Ya, how is that supposed to even be fun?

Smith is currently 2/6 with 4 Interceptions and 4 yards.

Kareem hunt has rushed it 7 times for -2 yards. They are in the backfield at the snap, every goddamn play. Cory Luiget is hitting Kareem as he's getting handed the ball, he has 4 Tackles for Loss already lol.

It's 3-0 in the second quarter (I'm leading) because the CPU has also thrown two interceptions to Revis and missed a FG.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:59 AM 03-05-2018
Now bump your play speed up to fast, pussy, for a real challenge.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:20 AM 03-05-2018
7 interceptions, 11 total interceptions in the game (3 by revis, 1 by Peters for me)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:27 AM 03-05-2018
8 Ints thrown by Alex Smith! woohoo... Yeah, I may go 0-16 in our league.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:34 AM 03-05-2018
Just have some fun with it, man.

Practice makes perfect. You'll get better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:51 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
8 Ints thrown by Alex Smith! woohoo... Yeah, I may go 0-16 in our league.
Don't throw into coverage.

Here's a good beginner's tip: look at the defense presnap. Based on that look you should:

1. Have a first read.

2. If that isn't open, have a second read in mind you want to go to.

3. If that isn't open, bail on the pocket and either throw it away or pick up yards.

This is actually still a lot of my game even as an experienced player, because sometimes you don't have time to make a third read.

Another thing is set up your audible system. I don't run into packed boxes. I check into a pass play.

Same if the D is opening up the box. I'll check into a run a lot.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:04 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Don't throw into coverage.

Here's a good beginner's tip: look at the defense presnap. Based on that look you should:

1. Have a first read.

2. If that isn't open, have a second read in mind you want to go to.

3. If that isn't open, bail on the pocket and either throw it away or pick up yards.

This is actually still a lot of my game even as an experienced player, because sometimes you don't have time to make a third read.

Another thing is set up your audible system. I don't run into packed boxes. I check into a pass play.

Same if the D is opening up the box. I'll check into a run a lot.
It just seemed like I had someone hitting my quarterback as soon as i dropped back. So I was in a rush just to throw it every play. I took probably 7-8 sacks... and as far as not running into a packed box, yeah i get that... I was trying to even be slick and run on passing downs... but even with a 4 man rush, their DL was in the backfield hitting Hunt every time. It felt like a HUGE win just to get a 2 yd gain. The other thing was there seemed like a guy would be open and I'll be damned if a linebacker or someone would become superman and fly to the ball like a laserbeam. It was nuts. I finished with 40 total yards on offense... and actually held rivers in check until the 4th quarter where apparently he became good again and led them on 2 straight 75 yard drives for TD's both in like 4 plays.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 AM 03-05-2018
It just seemed like I had someone hitting my quarterback as soon as i dropped back. So I was in a rush just to throw it every play. I took probably 7-8 sacks... and as far as not running into a packed box, yeah i get that... I was trying to even be slick and run on passing downs... but even with a 4 man rush, their DL was in the backfield hitting Hunt every time. It felt like a HUGE win just to get a 2 yd gain. The other thing was there seemed like a guy would be open and I'll be damned if a linebacker or someone would become superman and fly to the ball like a laserbeam. It was nuts. I finished with 40 total yards on offense... and actually held rivers in check until the 4th quarter where apparently he became good again and led them on 2 straight 75 yard drives for TD's both in like 4 plays.
You need to adjust the blocking scheme then.

If you say potentially unblocked defenders on one side of the formation, shift your pass protection to that side.

Or hot route a RB to block.

And lay off the sprint button when running the ball. Use it in the open field.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:19 AM 03-05-2018
Ya'll ****ing get your shit done. I need to advance and get the shit taste of Case Keenum bumble****ing his way into a win out of my mouth.
ICE UP SON
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 AM 03-05-2018
Really looking forward to Week 2.

Pats have an 80 OVR CB with 87 spd.

Brandin Cooks is coming.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:27 AM 03-05-2018
You need to adjust the blocking scheme then.

If you say potentially unblocked defenders on one side of the formation, shift your pass protection to that side.

Or hot route a RB to block.

And lay off the sprint button when running the ball. Use it in the open field.
Ok, i'll have to tinker with that to try and figure out how to do that. Thanks.

Ya on the sprint button, i'm pretty much using it at all times lol
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:18 PM 03-05-2018
I'm down to play the game tonight, fahrenheit.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:08 PM 03-05-2018
Definitely try to get those games in tonight if you can, as soon as the PIT/CLE game and the Carolina game wrap up, we can advance.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:49 PM 03-05-2018
Let's get this going, I am ready for week 2. I need to throw 4 more picks to my 1 touchdown pass to keep my confidence super high. I also need to scream at Cousins more for being a turd on accuracy.

Oh and I need to yell at my LG some more for getting raped more than an alter boy in the Catholic church
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:56 PM 03-05-2018
Ok, i'll have to tinker with that to try and figure out how to do that. Thanks.

Ya on the sprint button, i'm pretty much using it at all times lol
seriously though, the sprint button is a huge thing for a rb. You don't want to be mashing it all the time. Also, is your OL filled with shitty players? you should have more time then that, but run quick slants, and short to intermediate routes. I use a lot of crossing action to get guys open. All madden is very tough to get big chunks of yards, you want to work your way down like the real nfl. With that said still take shots down the field especially if you have 1 on 1 coverage.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 426
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up