ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 63
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:38 PM 04-25-2018
:-) Chewie is going to own this movie.

“If you come with me, you’re in this life for good.” Solo: A Star Wars Story is in theaters May 25. #HanSolo pic.twitter.com/3zUGQJ1a9W

— Star Wars (@starwars) April 15, 2018

[Reply]
Bowser 06:44 PM 04-25-2018
:-), awesome
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:52 PM 04-25-2018
this is going to be a big hit if alden is halfway decent

rey and jyn are great but star wars is primarily male fantasy and this movie is mostly going to be male driven

BRING IT ON, i prefer a straight swordfight to all this cunting around
[Reply]
EricBerryBoom 04:39 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this is going to be a big hit if alden is halfway decent
Let's be honest, it's Star Wars. Even the crappy ones end up big hits.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:25 PM 04-30-2018
Anthony Ingruber should have played Solo.

Dude is lterally a young Ford on point
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:50 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Anthony Ingruber should have played Solo.

Dude is lterally a young Ford on point
I think he's the one they described as a look-a-like doing an imitation, but not really having the acting chops for the role?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:05 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
I think he's the one they described as a look-a-like doing an imitation, but not really having the acting chops for the role?
He already has played a young Ford in another movie.

https://youtu.be/vwLv993khfI
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:54 AM 05-04-2018
Tickets on sale today. Got mine.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:28 PM 05-04-2018
This may have a bigger opening weekend at the box office than Black Panther . Holy shit

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/so...es-1202800028/
[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 PM 05-04-2018
It’s gonna be the Thor Ragnorak of the Star Wars universe. Just a fun movie that won’t take itself too seriously.

It’s gonna be awesome
[Reply]
EricBerryBoom 04:17 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s gonna be the Thor Ragnorak of the Star Wars universe. Just a fun movie that won’t take itself too seriously.

It’s gonna be awesome
Which is exactly what the series needs right now.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:34 PM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by EricBerryBoom:
Which is exactly what the series needs right now.
Or the firing of Kathleen Kennedy.

Oh hell, why not both?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:01 PM 05-11-2018
Everyone likes the movie.

This is going to be a hit.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:11 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Everyone likes the movie.

This is going to be a hit.
Where are you seeing this? I liked, but didn’t love TLJ and a little nervous that disney is buying critics.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:22 AM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

It’s gonna be awesome
Is Han Solo a movie where you need to know about the other Star Wars movies? It looks interesting.

I ask because I've never watched any of the Star Wars movies. *Runs to find shelter.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 63
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up