ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 268
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:16 AM 01-23-2017
I wonder what the title means?

Does Luke train Rey, leaving her as the last Jedi, because he either withdraws from the Jedi Order or is killed?

Does Rey reject the Jedi teachings and start her own Force cult?

So many questions!
[Reply]
Fish 10:21 AM 01-23-2017
Seriously. The title is making a serious statement, and we have no fucking clue what it might be.

I like the intrigue.....
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 10:42 AM 01-23-2017
My theory:
Luke learned something during the slaughter of the new jedi temple. Something some books reference Yoda learning during the fall of the old republic. The brighter the light, the darker the shadow. Meaning that the stronger the Jedi are, the stronger the Sith become. Having figured this out, Luke has quit the overall "religion" of the jedi, and turned more into a "grey" jedi to avoid throwing the whole Force out of balance...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:42 AM 01-23-2017
I actually like the idea that the Jedi Order comes to a close.

Then maybe down the road, in Episode 12 or 15, the 5th generation Skywalker would re-start the Jedi Order.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 10:43 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I actually like the idea that the Jedi Order comes to a close.

Then maybe down the road, in Episode 12 or 15, the 5th generation Skywalker would re-start the Jedi Order.
Right after he blows up an even BIGGER death star.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:45 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
Right after he blows up an even BIGGER death star.
:-)
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:56 AM 01-23-2017
Why is Star Wars in red rather then the traditional yellow?
[Reply]
eDave 11:08 AM 01-23-2017
Red color scheme. How very Sith like.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:10 AM 01-23-2017
http://ew.com/movies/2017/01/23/the-...i-has-a-title/

At long last, the next chapter in the Star Wars saga films has a title.

What was once Episode VIII is now The Last Jedi.

When cameras started rolling last year on the eighth film in the Skywalker family story, writer-director Rian Johnson used the tongue-in-cheek working title “Space Bear,” and numerous rumors (most of them false) about the possible real title have circulated ever since. The title was announced Monday without any further explanation from Lucasfilm. There’s not much to analyze except that the second film in the trilogies (remember, casual fans, Rogue One is a stand-alone) usually tilts the balance of power toward the villains.

The Empire Strikes Back left the Rebellion and our heroes in tatters, and Attack of the Clones similarly brutalized the Jedi and the crumbling Republic. The Last Jedi is bracketed by the traditional Star Wars emblem, which is outlined in what can only be described as “Sith red.”

The new title also answers one question while raising others: Just who is The Last Jedi?

Once upon a time, it was Luke Skywalker. But now the obvious answer would seem to be Daisy Ridley’s cast-off Rey, who in The Force Awakens discovered powers she never dreamed possible, using the Force to Anakin and Luke Skywalker’s old lightsaber from the snow and defeating Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) in single combat. Johnson has confirmed there will be no lapse in time between The Last Jedi and The Force Awakens, with the story picking up close to where the previous film left off: Rey standing before the self-banished Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), ready to start her Jedi training after helping to deal an explosive blow to The First Order.

John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Driver, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong’o, Dohmnall Gleeson, Andy Serkis, and the late Carrie Fisher return for Episode VIII, alongside franchise newcomers like Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran. The movie is produced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, longtime Johnson collaborator Ram Bergman (Brick, Looper) and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

The Last Jedi will hit theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:19 AM 01-23-2017
I just thought of something: The word "Jedi" is also plural, so the title could refer to both Luke and Rey.
[Reply]
Fish 11:32 AM 01-23-2017
I just thought of something: The word "Jedi" is also plural, so the title could refer to both Luke and Rey.
Derp. I never thought of that. I was worried at the supposed indication of a single remaining Jedi. Meaning the death of either Luke or Rey....
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 11:40 AM 01-23-2017
That is a great point.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:18 PM 01-23-2017

Does Luke train Rey, leaving her as the last Jedi, because he either withdraws from the Jedi Order or is killed?

So many questions!
luke dies. I told you that a long time ago, he already told us:-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:33 PM 01-23-2017

So many questions!
It clearly means Luke is Snoke and Rey is the daughter of Wedge.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:58 AM 01-24-2017
pretty good fake trailer :-)

[Reply]
Page 39 of 268
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up