ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 208
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:44 PM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by luv:
No chalk allowed at the gym. Yeah, I have some nice calluses on my palms at the base of my fingers...lol. I once asked my trainer about gloves whenever I first started with some "heavier" weights. He said, "Sure, you can wear them......if you're a sissy." I replied, "You callin' me a sissy?" I've never worn gloves. :-)

I'm 5'7". Pretty average. I'm not sure what the average height for a woman is anymore.
Well my gym doesn't "allow" it either but I am good about cleaning up after myself. I take it in a rubbermaid container and put it on before my heavy lifts. I put the lid back on when not in use and clean up a bit if it gets blown around. The managers there have seen it and haven't ever said anything.

It makes a world of difference when pulling heavy doubles or singles.
[Reply]
luv 07:49 PM 10-30-2014
In order to help with my dead lifts, I've also been doing hip lifts (up to 135/6), deficits (usually do 135/10), and I think the single leg leg presses on leg day have helped.

I'm also working on pause squats. Still pretty light on those. I am currently doing 115/5 with 3 second pauses or 95/5 with 5 second pauses. My personal record for squats is 195/4.

And to round out the power lifting trio, I can flat bench 95/2 or 3. I've done 105/2, but I only go for PR's on bench when I'm with my trainer. I feel like I'd come across as a gym cougar if I asked some random guy to spot me. Anyway, gotta get that bench up.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:54 PM 10-30-2014
In order to help with my dead lifts, I've also been doing hip lifts (up to 135/6), deficits (usually do 135/10), and I think the single leg leg presses on leg day have helped.

I'm also working on pause squats. Still pretty light on those. I am currently doing 115/5 with 3 second pauses or 95/5 with 5 second pauses. My personal record for squats is 195/4.

And to round out the power lifting trio, I can flat bench 95/2 or 3. I've done 105/2, but I only go for PR's on bench when I'm with my trainer. I feel like I'd come across as a gym cougar if I asked some random guy to spot me. Anyway, gotta get that bench up.

Bench is always hard and it should be a lot less than your squat or deadlift, which means you are training for strength correctly. Bench is just a grind.

I had a chick benching 185 for a few reps the other day ask me to spot her. Pretty sure she was a lesbian and I look pretty unintimidating I suppose. First time a woman has ever asked me to do that besides a World Bench Press Champion I used to spot.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:55 PM 10-30-2014
I am a pussy. I use versa grips.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:19 PM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Are your hands broken or are you just trying to keep them soft for your boyfriend?

ZING! :-)
[Reply]
luv 08:31 PM 10-30-2014
Much more pronounced in the middle of a workout...lol.

[Reply]
penguinz 09:03 PM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Are your hands broken or are you just trying to keep them soft for your boyfriend?

ZING! :-)
To be honest I have broken most of my fingers multiple times and my hand a couple of times. :-)

I use versa grips for back and shrugs. Way too much weight to take chance of dropping it and hurting myself. ;-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 PM 10-30-2014
To be honest I have broken most of my fingers multiple times and my hand a couple of times. :-)

I use versa grips for back and shrugs. Way too much weight to take chance of dropping it and hurting myself. ;-)
Oh I wasn't talking about that. You almost have to for shrugs. I'll use straps for pulldowns from time to time too as those bars are slippery and I know someone in that section of the gym would complain about my chalk use.

I was talking about deadlifts brah.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:20 PM 10-30-2014
Much more pronounced in the middle of a workout...lol.

Not very feminine. Hit up ULTA.
[Reply]
luv 07:28 AM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
Not very feminine. Hit up ULTA.
I don't need to be feminine. Only reason to be feminine is to land a guy. I apparently don't have that ability, so I'm going to be happy with my callused hands. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 07:30 AM 10-31-2014
I don't need to be feminine. Only reason to be feminine is to land a guy. I apparently don't have that ability, so I'm going to be happy with my callused hands. :-)
Justc wait until you rip one of those off!
[Reply]
luv 07:32 AM 10-31-2014
Justc wait until you rip one of those off!
I do occasionally, but I always try to make sure it's on days whenever I don't have a heavy lift day within the next 24-48 hours. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 07:39 AM 10-31-2014
I do occasionally, but I always try to make sure it's on days whenever I don't have a heavy lift day within the next 24-48 hours. :-)
I meant during a lift.
[Reply]
luv 07:44 AM 10-31-2014
I meant during a lift.
Yikes. No thanks. I've had them get really white and I've been tempted to peel the dead skin, but then remember that I need that dead skin for a grip (and to not hurt).
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:45 AM 10-31-2014
I use them too for certain movements, those things are awesome. I wont use any equipment on the competition lifts that aren't allowed, but for rows, chins, shrugs, etc I'll use the versa on my last set or two.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 208
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up