ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 48
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
jd1020 03:29 PM 11-10-2014
I sent my Moto X back because the wood was peeling and I think what I'm going to do is get a new Nexus 5 off of ebay for a reasonable price, or at least try to get one for a reasonable price. Then I'm going to wait for Microsoft to release this Lumia 940 I just read about and try out Windows 10. I just hope it's not released with the 805 since it's probably not set for release til 2015 and any flagship released in 2015 I would hope came with the 64 bit snapdragons.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:25 PM 11-10-2014
Anyone own the HTC One M8?
[Reply]
Brando 09:29 PM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Yes, bought mine at launch and love it.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:17 PM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I was going to get one, but at the last second i went with the LG G3 after checking it out.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:17 PM 11-12-2014
Lollipop OTAs are officially rolling out to Nexus devices starting today. Factory images are out with some info here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11...2013-9-and-10/

:-) :-) :-) :-)

I'm hoping someone will get an OTA ZIP running in the next couple hours, but I'll be setting this up tonight on my N5 regardless.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:21 PM 11-12-2014
Switched to Verizon from Sprint. Sprint is fucking horrible.
[Reply]
Fish 05:40 PM 11-12-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I don't mind Verizon's higher price at all, with the coverage they provide.
[Reply]
007 06:07 PM 11-12-2014
don't get a windows phone if you are a google user. No gmail app. No google voice app. No google maps app.

I picked up a cheap lumia 520 and found that I couldn't survive without these apps. Especially google voice which all third party apps have been disabled for on the windows phones now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:08 PM 11-12-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
I don't mind Verizon's higher price at all, with the coverage they provide.
That's the first thing that I noticed. I instantly had way better coverage everywhere than I did with Sprint.

The prices don't bother me because I get a 15% discount for my job.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:34 PM 11-12-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Yes they are.

I just did the same thing. Not by choice, really.

I was on a friend's account. His friend ditched the line, so I did them a favor awhile back and took over that line. I had Straight Talk at the time. He quit paying the bill.

I'm gonna miss that LG G3. I'm back to the Note 3 now.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:35 PM 11-12-2014
Verizon is SO much better.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:37 PM 11-12-2014
I haven't been a Verizon customer since 2007.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:43 PM 11-12-2014
I just bought a LG G3 off Craigslist because my Note 2 started behaving erratically.

My Note 2 was still under warranty but I wanted the G3 anyway. So I call to have the Note 2 replaced (so I can sell it) and while she was reading out all the BS they make you listen to she mentioned if it was found to have any user related damage or water damage I'd have $299 added to my bill.

I got to thinking about it and I did walk home in a rainstorm about a month after I got it and it got a little wet but I didn't think anything of it because it worked fine. So I decided to take it apart and check the Liquid Damage Indicator stickers on the inside of the phone just to make sure. They hadn't been tripped, but after putting it back together it wont turn on now.

The replacement has already been shipped, I cant decide if I should refuse delivery and be stuck with this paperweight, or try my luck at sending it back and hope they cant tell I took it apart...
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 07:51 PM 11-12-2014
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Lollipop OTAs are officially rolling out to Nexus devices starting today. Factory images are out with some info here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11...2013-9-and-10/

:-) :-) :-) :-)

I'm hoping someone will get an OTA ZIP running in the next couple hours, but I'll be setting this up tonight on my N5 regardless.
I am going to wait for the OTA. It should take a couple of weeks. I don't like the idea of needing an open bootloader which degrades security. Plus, I read that it wipes all the data off of the phone. Some authors make it sound easy in the articles but then when you get into it it is more difficult than advertised.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:06 PM 11-12-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Rising:
I am going to wait for the OTA. It should take a couple of weeks. I don't like the idea of needing an open bootloader which degrades security. Plus, I read that it wipes all the data off of the phone. Some authors make it sound easy in the articles but then when you get into it it is more difficult than advertised.
Yeah, bootloader's not an issue for me since I'm rooted anyway, and I kind of like wiping everything clean - especially since the new restore feature works MUCH better than it used to.

I'm flashed, and it's currently downloading all my old apps.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 48
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up