ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 39 of 82
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
alnorth 09:45 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Probably - it would depend on how Tyson came at Lee.

The thing about Jeet Kune Do is, there's no real "rules" or one "correct" way to go about turning an opponents energy back on to them.

If Tyson came up high (as he most certainly would), the most efficient way would probably be a kick to the knee, which would probably rip Tyson's kneecap off and tear ligaments and tendons while breaking bone...

GAME OVER
My favorite fighters in the UFC tend to be muay thai guys who often specialize or are very good at leg kicks, and its entertaining to watch them against someone who doesn't know how to defend them, and eventually give up because they can't walk very well any more.

This doesn't take seconds, its usually a full round or so, we're talking minutes and maybe a couple dozen kicks. And we're talking about guys roughly the same size.

Tyson has 100 pounds on Lee. If Lee was a submission grappler I could see him winning if he avoids his hands while closing in, but he's not.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:47 AM 10-16-2015
In a ring with boxing rules Tyson wins. Anyone saying otherwise has never worn a pair of gloves in their lives. In an MMA-style matchup it's a different story. "You can't hit what isn't there" doesn't mean as much in a boxing ring. Sure, a guy can be elusive (Mayweather, Ali) but at some point you have to go on the offensive. Many people think of a heavyweight fighter and instantly equate that to brute strength. Tyson's trump card was that he had both speed and power in his prime. Ridiculous power. At some point Lee would have to attack. The human body, no matter the size, is not designed to take blunt force trauma to the jaw at the rate of a speeding freight train.

Again. If we're talking boxing, it's Tyson hands down. If not...there are too many variables to determine who would win that fight. It'd probably look a lot like Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock #1, to be honest.

SPEED:

POWER:

[Reply]
alnorth 09:50 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Again. If we're talking boxing, it's Tyson hands down. If not...there are too many variables to determine who would win that fight. It'd probably look a lot like Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock #1, to be honest.
The biggest definitive factor against Lee (well, aside from weight) is that he was a showman and a teacher, but not a high-level competitive prize fighter. At least Tyson, as limited as boxing is, was a real fighter.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:02 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
What about in ping pong?

This amazes me every time.

Funny all the comments that Lee was just an actor. His muscles were just for show. :-) Lee grew up on the streets fighting, he was also a dancer. He was trained by the greatest of all time. He was kicking everyone's ass so his parents sent him to the States to keep him out of trouble.

Tyson never really fought anyone of substance, he padded his record and image with bums. The quality fighters that faced him, punished him badly.

I am sure I stated this in this thread already.

Lee founded his own successful martial art. He is considered the founding father of MMA and was a master at many other disciplines. Lee would rip his eyeballs out and hit him so hard in the chest, Tyson's heart would stop-fight over-60 seconds.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:03 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Strongside:
SPEED:
POWER:
RESULT:

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:03 AM 10-16-2015
That uppercut was so nasty
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:05 AM 10-16-2015
I've read that ping pong clip is 1) fake and 2) not even Bruce Lee.
[Reply]
jonzie04 10:09 AM 10-16-2015
Tyson would have murdered Bruce Lee lol. This isn't even a comparison.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:11 AM 10-16-2015
The ping pong clip is fake..well according to Snopes it is
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:16 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
Tyson would have murdered Bruce Lee lol. This isn't even a comparison.
Yep just like he murdered a bum named Buster Douglas.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:18 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Buster Douglas would also have beaten Lee in a boxing ring.
[Reply]
jonzie04 10:18 AM 10-16-2015
How about this guy

vs this guy.

:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:19 AM 10-16-2015
So is this a street fight or does this fight have any rules to it
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:22 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by jonzie04:

:-)
That's exactly how I had to get the girlfriend to give it up last night..the suplex then the slow crawl on top of her
[Reply]
jonzie04 10:22 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Buster Douglas = 230lb top 10 HW boxer in the world at the time he fought tyson

Bruce Lee = 128 LB wing chun, actor. I don't think a 128 lb olympic wrestler, or even the best 128lb Mixed martial artist in the world, could pose any sort of threat to Tyson what so ever. WAY too much man for man that small, factoring in Tysons boxing skills, speed, footwork, cardio, chin, and a man insane enough to bite a mans ear off in a professional event.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 82
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up