ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 56
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:11 AM 06-04-2007
I watched it again last night, and loved the fact they played The End by The Doors at one point while at the Bing.
[Reply]
Pushead2 06:03 AM 06-04-2007
I think everything crumbles around Tony and he kills himself.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:05 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The word is that Tony is gonna get offed in the last episode per The Entertainment Tonight's "Insider"
I call BS. You know why? Tony has signed a "Soprano's" movie deal. . http://www.themovieblog.com/archives...nos_movie.html

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...movie-concept/

http://movies.go.com/moviesproxy/tipster?id=891667

Should be a good one. War between two Mob families. Tony gets some help from the family back in Italy. Maybe Julio comes back....Silvio recovers for the movie.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:16 AM 06-04-2007
No way is Tony getting killed, but if they are going to do a movie, that means the friggin' thing wont be over next week...then we'll have to wait another 6 or 7 years for the damn movie...well, probably not that long but you know what I mean. I think I hate the producers of this show...
[Reply]
2112 06:30 AM 06-04-2007
Artie points out Eric Mangini in the restaurant as '' The Mangenius''

I'm happy he didn't get whacked.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:29 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
No way is Tony getting killed, but if they are going to do a movie, that means the friggin' thing wont be over next week...then we'll have to wait another 6 or 7 years for the damn movie...well, probably not that long but you know what I mean. I think I hate the producers of this show...

I think they will have a very good wrap up of the show with the finale, either way. Its more than plausible to have a resolution of the majority of events and still have a movie down the road.

SPOILER*****

The show started out w/ Tony starting to see Dr. Melfi, and she ended that, which is a resolution in part already of a main dynamic of the show- even if it has strayed from this focal point as the show has progressed.
[Reply]
bkkcoh 07:41 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by kcxiv:

Btw, this episode just kicked ass.
Definitely the best one of the season. I realize it is difficult to achieve this level throughout the entire season. But last nights episode was great.
[Reply]
ksushark 08:11 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I call BS. You know why? Tony has signed a "Soprano's" movie deal. . http://www.themovieblog.com/archives...nos_movie.html

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...movie-concept/

http://movies.go.com/moviesproxy/tipster?id=891667

Should be a good one. War between two Mob families. Tony gets some help from the family back in Italy. Maybe Julio comes back....Silvio recovers for the movie.
Why do you keep mentioning a movie like it's a done deal? Even the links in your own post say there are no current plans for a movie.

I checked in with his longtime manager and producer Brad Grey (who now runs a small Hollywood studio called Paramount) to find out the status of the movie. "He has no plans for it right now. David would have to come up with an idea he'd really love that was interesting enough for him to try to do. He's not there."

And even if there was a movie it doesn't mean that Tony can't get whacked. They could come up with plenty of interesting storylines that don't include Tony in the present time. I still think Tony gets whacked.... or that most of his mob family does and he's left without any power.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:14 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement:
I watched it again last night, and loved the fact they played The End by The Doors at one point while at the Bing.
That was the bass line from 'Riders on the Storm' IIRC.
'Course, I had a little bourbon belly glow going on.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:25 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by ksushark:
Why do you keep mentioning a movie like it's a done deal?
Too much money to be made. Why did they come back for the last episodes? If they come back for TV money why don't you think they will sign up for movie money?
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:11 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by Otter:
Wow...

Lesson Learned: Sopranos spoilers are kinda like listening to your college roommate describe what happened when he walked home that hot chick after the keg party.

Half bullshit.

Good Lord I'm going to miss this show.
Spoiler******

The last episode opens up at the hospital with Tony and Paulie standing over Silvio. Suddenly Silvio wakes up and says,"How does my hair look?"

Tony laughs and then pulls the plug.

Paulie looks at Tony on the way out of the hospital and says, "I know your'e the rat!" He then wacks Tony with an ice pick to the eyeball.

Series over.

(Lets see how close I get)
[Reply]
eazyb81 09:45 AM 06-04-2007
Like everyone has said, last night's episode kicked ass. The ending was great with Tony holing up in that room with the gun pointed towards the door. Next week is going to be f'n crazy, I can't wait.

That said, it sucks this show is ending, i've realized the last few weeks that this is my favorite tv show of all-time.

Anyways, here is what I think will happen:

*****SPOILER ALERT******

No way Tony is going to take out Phil and the rest of the NY crew now that Sil, Bobby, and Christopher are out of the picture. My guess is that he sees the writing on the wall, and uses his fed buddy to go into witness protection before he gets whacked. It would also explain why the fed guy has played such a prominent role lately, and why he has even been featured in the series so long. It all comes to a head next week, IMO.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:55 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Too much money to be made. Why did they come back for the last episodes? If they come back for TV money why don't you think they will sign up for movie money?
THey came back for the last episodes becuase he didnt finish the damn series. I dont think there is a movie to be made. Everyone is dying at a fast rate.
[Reply]
cadmonkey 10:30 AM 06-04-2007
Originally Posted by bill parcells:
Artie points out Eric Mangini in the restaurant as '' The Mangenius''

I'm happy he didn't get whacked.

[Reply]
Wile_E_Coyote 11:12 AM 06-04-2007
Even if they kill off Tony & the whole crew. They can still make a movie about something that happened before the end & people would line up to see it
[Reply]
Page 39 of 56
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up