ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 65
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:35 PM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
I get what you're saying, and I agree with your thinking. I was just simply saying if I was an NFL GM, I wouldn't pay Jack...

I mean, sure it's easy to say it's just four games and we can't draw any conclusions on such a small sample size. But can you eliminate the four most important games a player has played when you're discussing paying him a shitload of $40+ million a year for the next six years? I don't think so, personally.

And the NFL salaries just sucks. You are right, there are guys out there that shouldn't be getting this much money. There are a lot of dumb owners and GM's out there.
Some GM is going to give out a guaranteed 200+ million contract and have it blow up in their face...

But the alternative is to let a legitimate starter leave and start trying to draft or trade for one? More often than not that goes poorly.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:44 PM 09-09-2022
I want to see the Shit birds pay Lamar a lot of guaranteed money. Not because he deserves it. He doesn't. But because it will hamstring them to him keep them from being a contender for a few more years. Screw the Ravens
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 10:55 PM 09-09-2022
Idk what agent fees are but dealing with this size of a contract talking peanuts. Lamar is a idiot.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:01 PM 09-09-2022
I think the problem the Ravens will need to confront is they never made it past the Divisional round with Lamar for cheap. How do they plan to go further when he eats up a quarter of the entire cap?

They're not and should let Lamar go into FA.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:20 AM 09-10-2022
He'd be a perfect Lion
[Reply]
Bowser 09:44 AM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think the problem the Ravens will need to confront is they never made it past the Divisional round with Lamar for cheap. How do they plan to go further when he eats up a quarter of the entire cap?

Agreed
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:50 AM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by DeathByArrows:
The problem with Baltimore is you have to build an entire defensive playbook to beat them, they're the only team that runs an offense like that and installing that mid-season is a nightmare. I also think top teams hold back in game planning because they don't want them to see some of the looks incase they meet in the post-season.

They aren't losing in the playoffs because they magically forget how to run the football or it's not a winning formula. Running the football is a key to success in the post-season, but teams load the box, stick a spy on Lamar and then dare him to throw 1-on-1 and he's incapable of that, and they don't have enough pass plays on the call sheet when the run game get's stuffed.
For now.

A big part of what they do is complete offensive personnel that was elite at running the ball even with joe Flacco at qb. You can’t afford that with Lamar’s big contract. Elite blockers, terrific runners and dink and dunk guys like Edwards

And they are elite at running the ball because their defense can keep the ravens from passing the ball. That hasn’t really been the case lately and gonna be way harder with all the new cap money.

People talk on and on about how Lamar does all this without weapons. That’s horseshit. He has a system built for him and a small crack in that system sends everything haywire. I actually am less a believer in the health argument since lAmar surprisingly stays away from a lot of big hits. The bigger problem that Baltimore is undoubtedly wrestling with is building a team around lAmar without money to do it
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:43 AM 09-10-2022
I was listening to SiriusXM NFL radio yesterday. They talked about Lamar off and on all day. One of them, I don't recall who, said that next year they better use the exclusive franchise tag because if they just franchise him, someone will pay him. SMH. That was stupid. I believe that the price for signing someone's franchise player is 2 first round picks. I can't imagine anyone giving up 2 first round picks and meeting Jackson's demand of a Deshaun Watson like contract. That is a worse recipe for disaster that just paying him. The Ravens should hope that someone else is stupid enough to do that. Take the 2 first round picks, roll with Huntley, and end up with high picks when Lamar ultimately fails to meet expectations.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:12 AM 09-10-2022

Which is exactly why I hope they sign him and keep him.

They draft well enough to stay good, but Lamar puts a ceiling on their success (especially on a big contract).

With a real QB, they might be a major threat in the AFC.
[Reply]
Coach 11:22 AM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Do any of them have a MVP? I don’t disagree with your statement at all, but realistically that MVP will carry far more weight in contract negotiations than it probably should.
To some people sure, winning an MVP may carry more weight. For me, just because someone won an MVP doesn't really move the needle for me, one way or another, to be honest.

Now if he won an MVP and some playoff games and got his team to the AFC/NFC Championship game, then that would be a better sell.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:30 AM 09-10-2022
He won the MVP in 2019 and hasn't come close to that year since. The league adjusted and he never will have another year like that. His numbers have regressed every year since. That's what should carry the most weight.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:32 AM 09-10-2022
It's Josh Allen now.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:36 AM 09-10-2022

I'm in the camp of Lamar Jackson is grossly overrated and we all know the reason why everyone was trying to hype him up so much early in his career just like a few other QB's..

That being said, I think it's a really tough decision because while I think he doesn't suck, he isn't good either, but they don't have anyone that can replace him at this point in time...

Then to your fans, you have a lot of Lamar lovers, and a lot of doubters, so you're going to get some serious backlash if you let him go..

HOWEVER, if you look at russell wilson, he's better than Lamar and Seattle let him go without having a viable option to replace him, so again, its very easy to do, its whether or not the ravens have the spine to do it.
[Reply]
Best22 12:03 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Lamar has basically the same career completion % as Kordell Stewart (55.9 vs 55.8).
Huh? Lamar completes 64.1% of his passes

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JackLa00.htm
[Reply]
Coach 12:05 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
Huh? Lamar completes 64.1% of his passes

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JackLa00.htm
He's referencing as playoff games. Not the regular season.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 65
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up