ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3898 of 4915
« First < 2898339837983848388838943895389638973898 389939003901390239083948399843984898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:57 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Why is Ryans out of the running? For that matter, why is Payton? It seems like if a coach isn’t hired immediately after their interview, everyone assumes it went badly. I think (or hope) they’re just trying not to get psyched out by the Jag’s plane again.
It's the end of fucking January, bro. Either Payton is out of the running or Denver is a bunch of idiot numbskulls who think dawdling to get their guy is a great approach even though "herp we're sparing no expense derp"

Or both, I suppose.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:02 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Jesus. The Houston and Denver situations are DRASTICALLY different.
Denver HOPES to be where Houston is in 2 years.

With a clean slate.

Houston is a low key good spot to take a HC job. Lots of resources to use to build a good young core in a very strong draft and their cap situation is mostly healthy.

Get the right QB and 23-4 more nice pieces and that team could make a run at winning that division next year.

1ST (2nd OVERALL)
1ST (12th OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
2ND (33rd OVERALL)
3RD (65th OVERALL)
3RD (73rd OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
4TH
5TH
6TH
6TH (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
6TH (FROM NEW YORK GIANTS)
6TH (FROM MINNESOTA)

They also have an extra first next year, too.

And 40m on cap space next year without touching any existing contracts.

Exponentially better resources to rebound with than Denver.
And they’re in what amounts to a wide open AFC South.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 11:07 AM 01-28-2023
Imagine someone picking the Houston Texans job over yours. The Broncos have gone from well respected franchise to dumpster fire in a hurry.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:12 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Imagine someone picking the Houston Texans job over yours. The Broncos have gone from well respected franchise to dumpster fire in a hurry.
But they have more money than God to sign all the FA/Knowshit
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:13 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
it ls funny because without the wilson trade the broncos would actually be in a very good spot to rebuild rn. def would be more desirable than houston. but thankfully it did happen and here we are. the bronocs are *easily* the least desirable destination in the sport right now.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:23 AM 01-28-2023
Micro Penner will show you guys. He’s gonna build the bestest team money can buy. And then he’ll buy a quarterback 10x better than PMINT. And all the best coaches will by DYING to come to Dungver to play, and we’ll have 100 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! THE MOTHER FUCKING PATON PLAN WILL SHOW YOU ALL!! THEN ILL SIT BACK AND LAUGH AT YOU LIKE YOU DO TO ME ALL THE TIME!!! ~Dildo Joe
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:13 PM 01-28-2023
Micro Penner lolololololololololol
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:53 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Because he made it clear that he wants the Texan job :-)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...t-former-team/
Maybe he does prefer Houston, but that’s not really what that article says, unless DeMeco changed his name to “source”.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:55 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's the end of fucking January, bro. Either Payton is out of the running or Denver is a bunch of idiot numbskulls who think dawdling to get their guy is a great approach even though "herp we're sparing no expense derp"

Or both, I suppose.
This is what confuses me. The season isn’t over, some of the candidates are still working at their current positions trying to win a Super Bowl. Shouldn’t it be normal for everyone to be available before a hire is expected?
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:05 PM 01-28-2023
This is what confuses me. The season isn’t over, some of the candidates are still working at their current positions trying to win a Super Bowl. Shouldn’t it be normal for everyone to be available before a hire is expected?
Reich got hired just two days ago on January 26th. I think that's the latest first head coach hire the NFL has seen in decades.

You don't typically see 7 teams needing head coaches this late. Are they all waiting for these coordinators to get knocked out of the playoffs? Then Payton truly isn't a guy for any of them, because currently his fat ass is doing nothing but sitting on the couch.
[Reply]
TEX 03:20 PM 01-28-2023
This is what confuses me. Why doesn't the NFL make it a rule that nobody interviews for any positions until after the Super Bowl? Losing teams, like Denver, should not be allowed to interrupt the preparation of winning teams preparing for the playoffs. The time directly after the season, leading up to the Super Bowl should be all about the most successful teams trying to win a title, rather than the losing teams interviewing potential HC 's. Waiting until after the Super Bowl to start the interview process fixes this. Seems like that would work perfectly. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:52 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
This is what confuses me. Why doesn't the NFL make it a rule that nobody interviews for any positions until after the Super Bowl? Losing teams, like Denver, should not be allowed to interrupt the preparation of winning teams preparing for the playoffs. The time directly after the season, leading up to the Super Bowl should be all about the most successful teams trying to win a title, rather than the losing teams interviewing potential HC 's. Waiting until after the Super Bowl to start the interview process fixes this. Seems like that would work perfectly. :-)
Yep, totally agree.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:30 PM 01-28-2023
The league doesn't want shitty teams to get the best coaches and destroy their careers just like Denver has done with their last 5 Head coaches
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:05 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
The league doesn't want shitty teams to get the best coaches and destroy their careers just like Denver has done with their last 5 Head coaches
I wonder how many coaches they are paying this season? Hackett, Fangio at least right?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:44 PM 01-28-2023
Ouch

From talking to sources I firmly believe they circled back to Harbaugh w no luck. Was definitely worth it until has new contract. If Ryans goes to Texans — and it’s clearly trending that way — then it gets sticky. Do you open up to Gannon? Others? Or go to Evero? Shaw? #Denver7 https://t.co/aaqqEtGVyL

— Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) January 28, 2023

[Reply]
Page 3898 of 4915
« First < 2898339837983848388838943895389638973898 389939003901390239083948399843984898 > Last »
Up