ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3897 of 4915
« First < 2897339737973847388738933894389538963897 389838993900390139073947399743974897 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:25 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"may not align with #Broncos timeline despite DEN thinking highly of Ryans..."

Translation: The Broncos would like Ryans to start working for them next week. Ryans would like to never work for that clownshow of an organization in his life.

Timeline...jesus. Yeah, that passes the sniff test. "We really want to hire Ryans - but we don't want to wait until...February..."
"We're going to be patient and get the hire right so we don't have to go through this process again any time soon."

"We can't spare two weeks waiting for the guy we have identified as the right man for the job."

Are they this dumb? Did they really think they could just say, "We've got Walmart money" and fucking Bill Walsh would have dragged his decomposed ass out of the grave to work for them?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:13 PM 01-27-2023
Russ and the London Bodice Rippers
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:58 PM 01-27-2023
Marshmallow popcorn balls

Popcorn
Marshmallows
Butter
Vanilla
Candy orange slices shaped into a 3
[Reply]
notorious 07:59 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"We're going to be patient and get the hire right so we don't have to go through this process again any time soon."

"We can't spare two weeks waiting for the guy we have identified as the right man for the job."

Are they this dumb? Did they really think they could just say, "We've got Walmart money" and ****ing Bill Walsh would have dragged his decomposed ass out of the grave to work for them?
Just wait.

Kyle Shanahan rumors will pop up after Philly skull-fucks them Sunday.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:25 PM 01-27-2023
I Was watching a clip of Pat McAfee show talking about Nathaniel Hackett going to jets as OC and they said Russ is a hands down hall of famer.

Is he tho? Like, he’s just no questions asked a hall of famer? Im honestly not so sure that he is. Maybe this past season has tainted my view of Russ and my hatred of anything broncos is skewing my judgment. But, I think Russ is really good — or was; but Hall of Fame?

So, I figured I’d ask you all your thoughts? My vote is close, but no cigar.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:27 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just wait.

Kyle Shanahan rumors will pop up after Philly skull-fucks them Sunday.
Their former beat writer said that the Broncos will never get Shanahan.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:28 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I Was watching a clip of Pat McAfee show talking about Nathaniel Hackett going to jets as OC and they said Russ is a hands down hall of famer.

Is he tho? Like, he’s just no questions asked a hall of famer? Im honestly not so sure that he is. Maybe this past season has tainted my view of Russ and my hatred of anything broncos is skewing my judgment. But, I think Russ is really good — or was; but Hall of Fame?

No
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:32 PM 01-27-2023

He'll get in, but it's fairly far from a guarantee
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:13 PM 01-27-2023
Yahoo

Denver was linked to University of Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, who said he would go back to UM. Sean Payton was an apparent target, but interest seemed to cool between the two sides, though Payton tweeted that he had a "great visit" with the Broncos. Dan Quinn seemed to be next on the list but on Thursday it was announced that he was staying with the Dallas Cowboys as their defensive coordinator. And now, Ryans appears to be out of the running as well.

Things can change and perhaps Denver gets back involved with one of those candidates. But for now, Penner's first big moment as an NFL owner isn't going that well.

Uh oh

:-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:03 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Yahoo

Denver was linked to University of Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, who said he would go back to UM. Sean Payton was an apparent target, but interest seemed to cool between the two sides, though Payton tweeted that he had a "great visit" with the Broncos. Dan Quinn seemed to be next on the list but on Thursday it was announced that he was staying with the Dallas Cowboys as their defensive coordinator. And now, Ryans appears to be out of the running as well.

Things can change and perhaps Denver gets back involved with one of those candidates. But for now, Penner's first big moment as an NFL owner isn't going that well.

Uh oh

:-)
Why is Ryans out of the running? For that matter, why is Payton? It seems like if a coach isn’t hired immediately after their interview, everyone assumes it went badly. I think (or hope) they’re just trying not to get psyched out by the Jag’s plane again.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:22 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Why is Ryans out of the running? For that matter, why is Payton? It seems like if a coach isn’t hired immediately after their interview, everyone assumes it went badly. I think (or hope) they’re just trying not to get psyched out by the Jag’s plane again.
Jesus. The Houston and Denver situations are DRASTICALLY different.
Denver HOPES to be where Houston is in 2 years.

With a clean slate.

Houston is a low key good spot to take a HC job. Lots of resources to use to build a good young core in a very strong draft and their cap situation is mostly healthy.

Get the right QB and 23-4 more nice pieces and that team could make a run at winning that division next year.

1ST (2nd OVERALL)
1ST (12th OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
2ND (33rd OVERALL)
3RD (65th OVERALL)
3RD (73rd OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
4TH
5TH
6TH
6TH (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
6TH (FROM NEW YORK GIANTS)
6TH (FROM MINNESOTA)

They also have an extra first next year, too.

And 40m on cap space next year without touching any existing contracts.

Exponentially better resources to rebound with than Denver.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:46 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Jesus. The Houston and Denver situations are DRASTICALLY different.
Denver HOPES to be where Houston is in 2 years.

With a clean slate.

Houston is a low key good spot to take a HC job. Lots of resources to use to build a good young core in a very strong draft and their cap situation is mostly healthy.

Get the right QB and 23-4 more nice pieces and that team could make a run at winning that division next year.

1ST (2nd OVERALL)
1ST (12th OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
2ND (33rd OVERALL)
3RD (65th OVERALL)
3RD (73rd OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
4TH
5TH
6TH
6TH (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
6TH (FROM NEW YORK GIANTS)
6TH (FROM MINNESOTA)

They also have an extra first next year, too.

And 40m on cap space next year without touching any existing contracts.

Exponentially better resources to rebound with than Denver.
Huh. I mean, I agree that the Texans are in a better spot right now than the Broncos, but did you quote the wrong post or something? I didn’t say anything about the Texans. If you’re trying to say that DeMeco won’t be Denver’s HC because he’d rather go to Houston, that doesn’t make sense either because I named more than one potential HC. They may be a better destination, but they’re not hiring more than one HC.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:31 AM 01-28-2023

I think he had a shot to make it if he’d stayed in Seattle. Now that he’s exposed, it’s not happening.

Literally almost any QB would have won that Super Bowl. That’s no exaggeration.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:37 AM 01-28-2023
Kroenke did what the NFL wanted and got into the LA market. Penner had to hear about the assistance they got on the move. They want a team or two out of the continental US. Maybe the Bengals get a hardship pass if they move. NFL doesn't care about anything, like they do about money streams
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:21 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Why is Ryans out of the running?
Because he made it clear that he wants the Texan job :-)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...t-former-team/
[Reply]
Page 3897 of 4915
« First < 2897339737973847388738933894389538963897 389838993900390139073947399743974897 > Last »
Up