Page 389 of 449
« First < 289339379385386387388389 390391392393399439 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:18 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
And that should be offset by our new defensive players and staff. It wasn't.
lol yeah, no. It doesn't work like that.

And for all the talk about Lamar Jackson being so much better...he played the Cardinals and dolphins. There's a lot of premature hype over his improvement.
Sometimes you just gotta use your eyes. Your post is the equivalent of PFF saying Mahomes is the 6th ranked QB.
[Reply]
O.city 03:26 PM 09-25-2019
At this point, I might be more interested in a LB or a DL that can help vs the run.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:28 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
At this point, I might be more interested in a LB or a DL that can help vs the run.
I wonder if there will be any decent LBs available...

Not that I advocate it but I really thought they'd bring in Brandon Marshall to look at.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:28 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And Sunday's game vs the Ravens is a perfect example of how our defense can be improved yet not show up on the stat sheet.

The Ravens went for what, 5 4th down conversions?

The Ravens aired it out like they haven't all season and were in pure desperation mode from the first drive of the game.

We simply cannot gauge this defense through a box score.
Harbaugh chose to be in desperation mode when he didn't need it. The Chiefs never really stopped the Raven's running game, Harbaugh did. His reckless coaching killed Baltimore's chances. You would think he was coaching the Raiders.
[Reply]
-King- 03:28 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
lol yeah, no. It doesn't work like that.

Sometimes you just gotta use your eyes. Your post is the equivalent of PFF saying Mahomes is the 6th ranked QB.
How is it anything like that? If anything you guys are doing that by ignoring the plain facts and painting your own narrative. It reminds me of the Alex Smith hidden touchdowns thing. We can call this hidden stops.

Our defense wasn't good against the Ravens. It didn't do anything better than the defense did last year against them. And the defense last year played them for 4 quarters plus overtime.
[Reply]
O.city 03:29 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I wonder if there will be any decent LBs available...

Not that I advocate it but I really thought they'd bring in Brandon Marshall to look at.
I think i'd rather have someone up front to replace Xavier Williams but they just drafted a 3rd rounder that's inactive so hopefully him.
[Reply]
-King- 03:31 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Harbaugh chose to be in desperation mode when he didn't need it. The Chiefs never really stopped the Raven's running game, Harbaugh did. His reckless coaching really hurt his team. You would think he was coaching the Raiders.
Exactly. Like I said in the other thread, him choosing to pass it on 4th and 2 and go for 2 on their TD and him calling 6 straight passing plays in the second quarter is what doomed them. They were gashing us on the run the entire game and luckily for us they abandoned it in the 2nd quarter for some reason.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:41 PM 09-25-2019
Exactly. Like I said in the other thread, him choosing to pass it on 4th and 2 and go for 2 on their TD and him calling 6 straight passing plays in the second quarter is what doomed them. They were gashing us on the run the entire game and luckily for us they abandoned it in the 2nd quarter for some reason.
In another thread, I had a lot of push back on this. Many seemed to think we've proven that we don't have a glaring weakness on run d anymore - but man, when the Ravens run I thought they seemed to gash us. They just moved away from it for some reason early in the game. There's improvement, and it's encouraging, but I'm not counting my chickens yet, I guess.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:43 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I really don't care personally, he'd make us better so I'm in.
I'm not so sure the Chiefs would be better with him and all the baggage that he brings. That and the Brinks truck that he's looking for. Narcissism doesn't go away with a change of scenery. I'm still hoping the Cardinals decide to part ways with Patrick Peterson. Would much rather see him in a Chiefs uniform.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:47 PM 09-25-2019
How is it anything like that? If anything you guys are doing that by ignoring the plain facts and painting your own narrative. It reminds me of the Alex Smith hidden touchdowns thing. We can call this hidden stops.

Our defense wasn't good against the Ravens. It didn't do anything better than the defense did last year against them. And the defense last year played them for 4 quarters plus overtime.
The Chiefs were up 30-13 going into the 4th vs the Ravens, but yeah sure, they couldn't stop them :-)

They went into the 4th of the Jags game ALSO up 30-13.

They completely shut the Raiders down for 3 quarters. Skunked 'em.

Yeah, sometimes you just have to use your brain.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:50 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
In another thread, I had a lot of push back on this. Many seemed to think we've proven that we don't have a glaring weakness on run d anymore - but man, when the Ravens run I thought they seemed to gash us. They just moved away from it for some reason early in the game.
We never really stopped the Raven's running game, Harbaugh was just an idiot. If he keeps running the ball in the first half the 2nd half of the game is much different. The score is closer, the Ravens aren't chasing missed points and our defense is getting tired because of the pounding it's taken trying to stop the run. Much different game.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:51 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
In another thread, I had a lot of push back on this. Many seemed to think we've proven that we don't have a glaring weakness on run d anymore - but man, when the Ravens run I thought they seemed to gash us. They just moved away from it for some reason early in the game.
:-)

The Ravens are the best running team in the NFL by a mile.

I said days before the game, as a reminder to apparently cats like you, THIS IS NOT A GOOD BAROMETER FOR THE DEFENSE.

Yes, the Ravens can score. The Ravens have a very, very difficult offense to stop.

You realize we just walked over the 3rd best team in the AFC, right?

What offenses, aside from the Patriots, are going to challenge the Chiefs the way the Ravens just did? Name 'em.

If you know even an ounce of football you can see that the run fits are much better this season. The tackling is improved, the hustle has improved. These are things you can easily see.

No, it's not perfect. Sorry that a defense with an all new scheme and (8?) new starters isn't a top 5 unit 3 weeks into the season :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:53 PM 09-25-2019
We never really stopped the Raven's running game, Harbaugh was just an idiot. If he keeps running the ball in the first half the 2nd half of the game is much different. The score is closer, the Ravens aren't chasing missed points and our defense is getting tired because of the pounding it's taken trying to stop the run. Much different game.
Counter point:

The Ravens insistence on passing the ball forced the Chiefs to play more honestly, thus allowing running lanes to open that may not have been there had the Chiefs zero'd in on the run.

Prove me wrong.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:55 PM 09-25-2019
Seriously, what offense in the AFC presents more challenges to the Chiefs (aside from durrrr Tom Brady) than the Ravens?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:56 PM 09-25-2019
We stopped their running game on the first 2-point conversion. We stopped their RPO game multiple times in fact.

You can't say the defense is trash AND Harbaugh is an idiot for chasing points. If the defense, especially in short yardage, is THAT bad, then he's a genius for chasing the points.

Like the Chiefs players said after the game, he gave them opportunities to make plays and they did. That's why the 2-point conversions failed.
[Reply]
Page 389 of 449
« First < 289339379385386387388389 390391392393399439 > Last »
Up