St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:07 PM 09-25-2019
?tey tihs fo eceip siht ngis ew diD --
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:10 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Was Marrone laughing trotting out Blake Bortles all these years too? No? That's what I thought.
[Reply]
O.city 02:19 PM 09-25-2019
If he doesn't wanna be there and has voiced that (obviously) why do teams hold on to guys like this and have to deal with this shit?

I actually kind of commend the Chiefs for doing it with Peters the way they did. Just move on, sure you aren't maybe getting the value you want, but getting that out of the locker room I think proved to be a good thing.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 09-25-2019
Well, we've got a guy in there that's wanting to be aaron Donald paid so that's not ideal.
A lot of that is not on Chris Jones. He’s missed some tackles, but also made some.

Xavier Williams, Anthony Hitchens and Juan Thornhill especially got destroyed. A lot of our problems were tackling at the 2nd and 3rd level. Just embarrassingly bad.
[Reply]
hawkchief 02:22 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't see Ramsey trying to get himself traded off one of the best organizations in the NFL.

He's not AB.
Not saying he’s AB, but the Jags aren’t exactly the Dolphins either. My concern isn’t about forcing a trade but holding out for more dollars. I guess I’ve just had enough of these types of players.
[Reply]
O.city 02:24 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A lot of that is not on Chris Jones. He’s missed some tackles, but also made some.

Xavier Williams, Anthony Hitchens and Juan Thornhill especially got destroyed. A lot of our problems were tackling at the 2nd and 3rd level. Just embarrassingly bad.
He wants to be paid Donald money, kinda falls on him though to be like he was in Oakland.

The ravens have a great run game, so it's to be expected, but they missed to many tackles for sure. Xavier Williams is just kinda meh.

I'd kinda look around at the deadline for another big space eater up there. Mike Daniels would have been a nice pickup for sure.
[Reply]
sedated 02:26 PM 09-25-2019
If he doesn't wanna be there and has voiced that (obviously) why do teams hold on to guys like this and have to deal with this shit?

I actually kind of commend the Chiefs for doing it with Peters the way they did. Just move on, sure you aren't maybe getting the value you want, but getting that out of the locker room I think proved to be a good thing.
If Chris Jones said he wanted to be released or traded right now, would you support the Chiefs doing it?

Peters and Ramsey are different - the Chiefs decided THEY didn't want his headaches, Peters never demanded to be traded. And only 1 team offered anything for him.
[Reply]
sedated 02:28 PM 09-25-2019
I'd kinda look around at the deadline for another big space eater up there.
Is it even possible for you to discuss any topic without bringing up a trade of some sort?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:29 PM 09-25-2019
He wants to be paid Donald money, kinda falls on him though to be like he was in Oakland.

The ravens have a great run game, so it's to be expected, but they missed to many tackles for sure. Xavier Williams is just kinda meh.

I'd kinda look around at the deadline for another big space eater up there. Mike Daniels would have been a nice pickup for sure.
1 player isn’t going to change the entirety of the defense in the running game. A sweep play like this is on the DE and 2nd/3rd level.

Missed tackles by a bunch of players here. Breeland should have stopped him for a minimal gain.

[Reply]
-King- 02:29 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
Not saying he’s AB, but the Jags aren’t exactly the Dolphins either. My concern isn’t about forcing a trade but holding out for more dollars. I guess I’ve just had enough of these types of players.
But he didn't hold out... And even if he did, what's wrong with wanting to get paid what you're worth in the short time you might be in the league? Have you also had enough of teams cutting players if they aren't good enough?
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
If Chris Jones said he wanted to be released or traded right now, would you support the Chiefs doing it?

Peters and Ramsey are different - the Chiefs decided THEY didn't want his headaches, Peters never demanded to be traded. And only 1 team offered anything for him.
As I said earlier in the thread, it's always contextual on the franchises this is happening to. If Jones demanded a trade and said he wasn't gonna show up, yeah, i'd probably just move on from him. If he was that toxic that it was a problem, I'd take the picks I could get and move on.

But a couple things, he wouldn't because he's playing for a contract but more importantly because the Chiefs are running a legit operation with great infrastructure that makes these players feel like they don't have to do that.

The Jags apparently aren't.

It's different with Peters for sure in the actual situation of the player, but I was talking more about just taking a bit less value and just moving on from a guy that you know you aren't gonna sign and not dealing with it anymore.
[Reply]
O.city 02:33 PM 09-25-2019
1 player isn’t going to change the entirety of the defense in the running game. A sweep play like this is on the DE and 2nd/3rd level.

Missed tackles by a bunch of players here. Breeland should have stopped him for a minimal gain.

Ok sure.

Again, if you want to be paid like he wants, that what comes with it. Sorry, I didn't make the rules.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:35 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
That's the thing - he's NOT holding out for more money. He doesn't want to play for Jacksonville anymore. He doesn't like Tom Coughlin.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 09-25-2019

Thornhill has a lot of growing to do. He was lost several times on Sunday.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:38 PM 09-25-2019
Ok sure.

Again, if you want to be paid like he wants, that what comes with it. Sorry, I didn't make the rules.
Don’t care about the rules people make. Those same people say Pat is overrated bc we lost to Brady in the AFCCG.
[Reply]
Page 387 of 449
« First < 287337377383384385386387 388389390391397437 > Last »
Up