ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 385 of 2695
« First < 285335375381382383384385 3863873883893954354858851385 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:42 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Fair enough.
If times are tough, and he can stay composed, that will show a much more cerebral aspect than he has been given credit for. It will only be a matter of time before the brain catches up to the arm talent, so a dedication to maintain focus on those things will show dedication towards improvement.

I can't negate the desire to compete and win, but keeping within himself and utilizing the preseason, as it is meant to be, will pay more dividends for the Chiefs than a few jaw dropping bombs, during a meaningless game.

With that said, I would love to see a 25-yard laser hitting Chesson in stride. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:46 PM 08-06-2017
I think throwing 65 times a game should mean something. I mean how many college quarterbacks throw 65 times a game every week?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:52 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I think throwing 65 times a game should mean something. I mean how many college quarterbacks throw 65 times a game every week?
One that has been trained to wing it and pray when the chips are down. He will need to rely on his defense more at this level. Showing composure, and not falling into what has been programmed into him, will speak volumes for me.
[Reply]
Otter 02:41 PM 08-06-2017
Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes II excels in the wind and rain on Saturday - Adam Teicher (ESPN) http://espn.go.com/nfl/ #NFL #News
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:48 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes II excels in the wind and rain on Saturday - Adam Teicher (ESPN) http://espn.go.com/nfl/ #NFL #News
Could not find said piece on any of those links, but was able to locate miles and miles of Kap butthurt.
[Reply]
Otter 03:56 PM 08-06-2017
Could not find said piece on any of those links, but was able to locate miles and miles of Kap butthurt.
Not much to the article but here it is...

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city...her-conditions

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Cool, windy and rainy conditions at Kansas City Chiefs training camp on Saturday didn’t seem to affect rookie quarterback Patrick Mahomes II.

Mahomes was the only one of the Chiefs’ three top quarterbacks who didn’t throw an interception. Mahomes completed 6 of 10 passes in full team drills and 10 of 13 in 7-on-7 drills.

Wow moments: Mahomes made three big-time throws, two on go routes down the right sideline in a 7-on-7 drill, one to Jehu Chesson and the other to Tevin Jones. Perhaps even more impressive was a back-shoulder throw into the wind that was caught by Marcus Kemp in a full team drill.

Whoa moment: Mahomes threw incomplete to tight end Ross Travis even though Travis had been left uncovered.
[Reply]
Otter 04:02 PM 08-06-2017
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...mp-impressions

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes II:
It no longer seems absurd that Mahomes could be the No. 2 quarterback behind starter Alex Smith when the regular season begins, as it did at the end of offseason practice. Mahomes' abilities showed only inconsistently during the offseason, but it's been a more common occurrence at training camp. The rookie led the Chiefs to a touchdown on a four-play, 75-yard drive during a two-minute drill and had another four-play sequence that featured some big-time throws. None of this, however, suggests Mahomes is ready to be the Chiefs' No. 2 quarterback. He's been guilty at times of trying to force the ball into coverage, and he's fortunate he hasn't yet had a pass intercepted during full-team or 7-on-7 drills in the three competitive practices the Chiefs have held. But the No. 10 overall pick in this year's draft appears to be gaining ground at a rapid pace.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:22 PM 08-06-2017
Not much to the article but here it is...

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city...her-conditions

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Cool, windy and rainy conditions at Kansas City Chiefs training camp on Saturday didn’t seem to affect rookie quarterback Patrick Mahomes II.

Mahomes was the only one of the Chiefs’ three top quarterbacks who didn’t throw an interception. Mahomes completed 6 of 10 passes in full team drills and 10 of 13 in 7-on-7 drills.

Wow moments: Mahomes made three big-time throws, two on go routes down the right sideline in a 7-on-7 drill, one to Jehu Chesson and the other to Tevin Jones. Perhaps even more impressive was a back-shoulder throw into the wind that was caught by Marcus Kemp in a full team drill.

Whoa moment: Mahomes threw incomplete to tight end Ross Travis even though Travis had been left uncovered.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...mp-impressions

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes II:
It no longer seems absurd that Mahomes could be the No. 2 quarterback behind starter Alex Smith when the regular season begins, as it did at the end of offseason practice. Mahomes' abilities showed only inconsistently during the offseason, but it's been a more common occurrence at training camp. The rookie led the Chiefs to a touchdown on a four-play, 75-yard drive during a two-minute drill and had another four-play sequence that featured some big-time throws. None of this, however, suggests Mahomes is ready to be the Chiefs' No. 2 quarterback. He's been guilty at times of trying to force the ball into coverage, and he's fortunate he hasn't yet had a pass intercepted during full-team or 7-on-7 drills in the three competitive practices the Chiefs have held. But the No. 10 overall pick in this year's draft appears to be gaining ground at a rapid pace.
Excellent.
[Reply]
penbrook 04:52 PM 08-06-2017
Excellent.
Good progress but we will see how he does Friday. Really his only weakness is reading plays and making pre snap adjustments
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:03 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Good progress but we will see how he does Friday. Really his only weakness is reading plays and making pre snap adjustments
I can't believe this has to be restated, but please keep the Smith talk out of this thread.
[Reply]
penbrook 05:04 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I can't believe this has to be restated, but please keep the Smith talk out of this thread.
I'm talking about Patrick not Smitty
[Reply]
eDave 05:12 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:25 PM 08-06-2017
He is going to extract and replace your beloved "Smitty".

And painfully.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:33 PM 08-06-2017
I'm talking about Patrick not Smitty
I guess I have missed where Mahomes can not make pre snap reads nor read plays.

I thought everything I had read said he was pretty good at it at TT, and he even had the freedom to switch plays.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:36 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
5 more days

Can't get here fast enough.
[Reply]
Page 385 of 2695
« First < 285335375381382383384385 3863873883893954354858851385 > Last »
Up