ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 384 of 791
« First < 284334374380381382383384 385386387388394434484 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:30 PM 03-12-2019
Damnt.....take this bullshit to a Dee Ford thread.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:32 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No the anomaly would be him doing it again in 2019. That's ALWAYS been my argument.
And that's why you play him on the tag. You're not tied to him beyond another "prove it" year

And of course they tagged him. They're trying to trade him. They don't want to let him go for nothing.
As i told Pest, they coulda let him walk and collected a comp 3rd just as well.

You think this franchise is so stupid to tag a player with no plan in place in the event they don't find adequate trade compensation?

You don't tag a player that you don't want to pay 15M to. That'd be incredibly reckless. Surely you don't think the Chiefs are that reckless.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:33 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Damnt.....take this bullshit to a Dee Ford thread.
Hey.

Stay in your lane.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:34 PM 03-12-2019
:-) He couldn't get the starting job his first year? No shit? He was a DE to OLB conversion project and was behind Houston and Hali.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Is that uncommon or something?

"Sacks come in bunches" is an NFL cliche for a reason.

10 Sacks, regardless of where they came in the season, is still 10 sacks. Do you nitpick Ansah like that?

Does Mahomes only get credit for passing against top 10 Pass D's?

Do RB's only get credit for rushing against the best?

NFL stats don't work like that, you know it.

Very weak argument.
No, I don't nitpick Ansah like that, primarily because the Chiefs aren't committing $16M of their cap to him in a year when they need other pieces to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:34 PM 03-12-2019

The #AZCardinals are expected to sign former #Seahawks guard JR Sweezy, sources say. It’s a 2-year deal and another O-line addition for AZ.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 12, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 03-12-2019
Is that uncommon or something?

"Sacks come in bunches" is an NFL cliche for a reason.

10 Sacks, regardless of where they came in the season, is still 10 sacks. Do you nitpick Ansah like that?

Does Mahomes only get credit for passing against top 10 Pass D's?

Do RB's only get credit for rushing against the best?

NFL stats don't work like that, you know it.

Very weak argument.
This particular argument was used to beat Broncos fans over the head years ago. And for some reason Clay had to be educated on it once (I think he was trying to shit on Dumerville or something).

All pass-rushers get their sacks in bunches. It just is what it is. It's an irrelevant point of contention especially when said player was also picking up pressures at an elite rate.

If you want to say he'll get hurt - aight. I can live with that. If you want to say that the guy wasn't among the best pass-rushers in football over the last 3 seasons when he was on the field (over that time he played in over 3/4 of the games, mind you), well that's just wrong.

Dude can get after the damn quarterback.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Yup, just tried to give you rep but the box vanished
Must have been my phone software that got upgraded. That or the website update didn't impact your phone. Either way, it sucks if you like using your phone. I've heard multiple people praise the app "tapatalk", if you haven't tried it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:34 PM 03-12-2019
As if anybody else here is open-minded about it either. :-)
Saying that its possible last season wasn't a fluke is not being "open minded"?

I don't see anybody advocating giving the guy a big contract right now.

You are getting this all kinds of twisted at this point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:35 PM 03-12-2019
Hey.

Stay in your lane.
Hey.

Fuck you. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM 03-12-2019
And that's why you play him on the tag. You're not tied to him beyond another "prove it" year
Mathieu's cap hit is likely to be 7-8M this year. You could literally get TWO players right now that would cost less than Dee Ford in 2019 and not have to worry about getting nothing for $16M.

As i told Pest, they coulda let him walk and collected a comp 3rd just as well.

You think this franchise is so stupid to tag a player with no plan in place in the event they don't find adequate trade compensation?

You don't tag a player that you don't want to pay 15M to. That'd be incredibly reckless. Surely you don't think the Chiefs are that reckless.
They should have never tagged him. You don't give guaranteed money to a player that hasn't ever demonstrated he can show up from one season to the next.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:36 PM 03-12-2019
No, I don't nitpick Ansah like that, primarily because the Chiefs aren't committing $16M of their cap to him in a year when they need other pieces to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl.
And you don't think a pass rusher is one of them eh? Of course you do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Saying that its possible last season wasn't a fluke is not being "open minded"?

I don't see anybody advocating giving the guy a big contract right now.

You are getting this all kinds of twisted at this point.
Except giving him a contract spreads the risk out over several years.

By tagging him, they're absorbing all of that risk in 2019. If he goes down, they're out that money and it's entirely possible (because they paid him $16M guaranteed) that there's nobody capable behind. Say goodbye to a Super Bowl in 2019. That would be 2 years in a row Ford cost them a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And you don't think a pass rusher is one of them eh? Of course you do.
Not one that can't consistently show up from season to season, nope.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:38 PM 03-12-2019
Another safety:

Former Cardinals’ S Deone Bucannon reached agreement on a one-year deal with Tampa Bay, per source. Bucannon rejoins coaching staff that includes Arians, Bolles and Foote. A one-year prove it deal.
[Reply]
Page 384 of 791
« First < 284334374380381382383384 385386387388394434484 > Last »
Up