ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3833 of 4909
« First < 2833333337333783382338293830383138323833 383438353836383738433883393343334833 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:14 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
One of the most hilarious Broncos takes I can remember was when someone from the Mane said that Sutton is better than either Hill or Kelce. :-)

It was probably Q Joe’s handle (If he even posts on Denver boards. He seems to be more of a closet KC fan).

Sutton averages about 800 yds per year, has cleared 1000 yds once, and has 14 TDs in five years. That’s one season for Tyreek in KC. :-)
You see Kelce’s season this year? He had two fewer TDs than Sutton had……combined in five years. He finished with over 500 yards more than Sutton’s average.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:16 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You see Kelce’s season this year? He had two fewer TDs than Sutton had……combined in five years. He finished with over 500 yards more than Sutton’s average.
He’s no Albert O~ Knowshit
[Reply]
BEAVER 02:19 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Remember when he said that only 5 or 6 Chiefs could start for Denver? And some of Denver's backups were better than KC starters?
:-)
I remember. That was why I joined CP. Knowmo's brand of stupidity is exceedingly rare, and I couldn't turn my eyes away from it.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:21 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I sincerely hope the Broncos trade for Sean Payton. He’s a good coach, but a horrible personnel/cap manager. That’s one of his requirements is to buy the groceries and cook the dinner…but the only thing keeping him from being a losing coach innNO was a first ballot HOF QB. His signings were atrocious. His team consistently had 20-40 million in dead money.

He had like 3-4 years there where about 25% of his teams salary cap allotment was dead money that was paid to players they ended up cutting and left the team crippled. NO is STILL dealing with the aftermath of that…they have almost 37 million of their salary cap this year inndead money.

Dead money is a direct result of poor FA (internal or external) signings that had to be cut before the pro rated part of their signing bonus came due.

If Sean is the Denver HC, guys like Jewell will be getting 20m aav and cut 2 years later, regularly…and the “Great Value Owner” is no different than Snyder I’m Washington in that he’s clueless to the workings of the sport and thinks he can buy wins…so he will be a perfect mix of Sean wanting to give out big signing bonuses and the owner writing the checks.

And it would take their first and maybe one of their 2 thirds to trade for the right for him to burn them from inside the building.
Pretty sure “Great Value” Penner would not be keen on just wasting money with very little ROI. People like that expect championships and very quickly. Unfortunately for him in a salary cap NFL he can’t just buy a championship. He will have to do it they way everyone else does and typically they move on from coaches/executives quickly if they aren’t beinging in Lombardis. Having an owner like him is a double edged sword.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:26 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
I remember. That was why I joined CP. Knowmo's brand of stupidity is exceedingly rare, and I couldn't turn my eyes away from it.
The funniest part of that was KC finished 14-3 and Denver 5-12. Yet his biggest excuse for that was injuries. If Denver was as loaded and deep as he claims they should have finished #1 in the AFCW instead of last partly because they lost #14 and #15 to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:31 PM 01-16-2023
Dan Quinn interviewing with Denver Friday.

Lol

They must not have much confidence in winning tonight.
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 02:33 PM 01-16-2023
I’m hoping Sean Payton gets the Cowboys job.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:33 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I sincerely hope the Broncos trade for Sean Payton. He’s a good coach, but a horrible personnel/cap manager. That’s one of his requirements is to buy the groceries and cook the dinner…but the only thing keeping him from being a losing coach innNO was a first ballot HOF QB. His signings were atrocious. His team consistently had 20-40 million in dead money.

He had like 3-4 years there where about 25% of his teams salary cap allotment was dead money that was paid to players they ended up cutting and left the team crippled. NO is STILL dealing with the aftermath of that…they have almost 37 million of their salary cap this year inndead money.

Dead money is a direct result of poor FA (internal or external) signings that had to be cut before the pro rated part of their signing bonus came due.

If Sean is the Denver HC, guys like Jewell will be getting 20m aav and cut 2 years later, regularly…and the “Great Value Owner” is no different than Snyder I’m Washington in that he’s clueless to the workings of the sport and thinks he can buy wins…so he will be a perfect mix of Sean wanting to give out big signing bonuses and the owner writing the checks.

And it would take their first and maybe one of their 2 thirds to trade for the right for him to burn them from inside the building.
Sean Payton is used to being on a team that goes for it every year. Which meshes perfectly with the Broncos, who have historically been one of the most active teams in free agency since free agency became a thing. In fact, as of a few years ago, Denver led the entire NFL in free agent signings since 1993.

The cap hell the Saints find themselves in now is due to mortgaging the future to try to make another run with Brees. Had it not been for the Minneapolis Miracle and the Robey-Coleman non-call in the NFCCG, Payton might have three Super Bowl trophies right now.
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 02:35 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Sean Payton is used to being on a team that goes for it every year. Which meshes perfectly with the Broncos, who have historically been one of the most active teams in free agency since free agency became a thing. In fact, as of a few years ago, Denver led the entire NFL in free agent signings since 1993.

The cap hell the Saints find themselves in now is due to mortgaging the future to try to make another run with Brees. Had it not been for the Minneapolis Miracle and the Robey-Coleman non-call in the NFCCG, Payton might have three Super Bowl trophies right now.
He doesn’t want the shitty Broncos job. I’m worried about him going to the Chargers.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:38 PM 01-16-2023
Hey Knowmo, you watching us host another divisional game this weekend?
[Reply]
tredadda 02:42 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Hey Knowmo, you watching us host another divisional game this weekend?
Doubt it. He will probably be scouring the Twitter-verse looking for some obscure tweet guaranteeing Payton, Harbaugh, or whatever HC is the flavor of the moment is coming to Denver. If he can’t find that he will post some other tweet showing some pointless stat.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:43 PM 01-16-2023
I’d be more concerned if the Broncos got an experienced coach from the Shannan/Reid tree.

Look at the coaches who got the most out of their offenses and QB’s? Mike McDaniel and Doug Pederson.

I can’t believe Denver hasn’t submitted to even interview Mike Kafka. The work he’s done with Daniel Jones this season has been very impressive.

But hey go with the Mike McCarthy clone or a guy whose offensive philosophy was from 25 years ago
[Reply]
tredadda 02:44 PM 01-16-2023

You think Penner is going to have the patience to let him slowly build his team? Pretty sure Payton will be expected to win and win quickly which means it will be NO all over again.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:47 PM 01-16-2023

Yep. Meshes perfectly with a team that hasn’t been to the playoffs in nearly a decade. :-)

“At least they’re historically active in FA!”
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:50 PM 01-16-2023

"is scheduled to" https://t.co/BWTrWunUHv

— Sayre Bedinger (@SayreBedinger) January 16, 2023

[Reply]
Page 3833 of 4909
« First < 2833333337333783382338293830383138323833 383438353836383738433883393343334833 > Last »
Up