ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 383 of 791
« First < 283333373379380381382383 384385386387393433483 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:18 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
For whatever reason I can't give rep with my phone, except to an OP oddly enough. I'll try to enter a reason and everything disappears. IDK
I know exactly what you’re talking about

If u get in the space where u type ur comment fast enough it’ll stay open, at least for me
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:18 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was excellent in 2016 and actually looked very good prior to his injury in 2017.

It's not 'hope' - it's an evenhanded look at his career arc. Through his first 3 seasons he developed exactly as you'd hope a raw pass-rusher would develop. And in 2017 he looked to have taken another step forward before the back got him (and the defense, not good before his injury, fell to absolute shit after it).

If you want to talk about his injury past - that's fine. Back issues are scary. But this idea that he was dick prior to 2018 is absurd. He wasn't - he developed on a very ordinary pass rusher curve and was looking for all the world like a good ballplayer. And he ISN'T the weak slap-dick you're trying to portray him as in 2018 either. Nor is he some loafing paychech player. You really need to listen to the guy in interviews; that's not the kind of person he is. Hell, he's the only guy I've ever heard say "man, why wouldn't I sign the franchise tag? Who wouldn't want $14 million dollars...."

He's not out there acting like he's being rat-fucked by being offered life-changing money for a single season. He's always been a good teammate and a willing soldier.

But shit, even if he IS a paycheck player, a tag season IS another year of playing for a paycheck.

If you can get him traded for a valuable return - good, do that. But this idea that he simply isn't going to be worth paying is fucking ludicrous. The only way you can say that is injury and you can say that about literally EVERY player in the NFL.

There's no way you can honestly say that Ansah is honestly a flat out better player than Dee Ford unless you're just going to concede that you're permanently soured on Ford and there are 100 players in the NFL you'd take over him.

Because at this point in his career, I don't think you can say Ansah is as much as a top 150 player. He'll come cheaper because he's declining.
Yeah what he said.

It's been driving me nuts about Htis' argument i just havent bothered to address it yet.

To say that he was only good for one season is ignoring how good he was when was on the field.

It was obvious the talent was there when he took the field. You could see the ability, the pressures. Even in his injured season, he flashed raw ability prior to getting hurt.

He didn't have just one season where he flashed. He had multiple season's of looking like a premiere pass rusher.

It didn't parlay into statistical production because of injury. But the "film" doesn't lie.

The question going into last season was whether he could stay healthy. That was the ONLY question.

It's the only legitimate argument. Which is why i said LAST season, that if he plays the way we expect, it should parlay into a franchise tag. He needs to show some consistency regarding his health.

Play him on the tag and see if last season's HEALTH was an anomaly. If he's unable to stay healthy, you have your answer. Otherwise, the man is gonna get $$PAID$$.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:18 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Have you tried lately? I used to have that problem until yesterday. Not sure if something changed on the website or my phone.
Yup, just tried to give you rep but the box vanished
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:19 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah what he said. It's been driving me nuts about Htis' argument i just havent bothered to address it yet.

To say that he was only good for one season is ignoring how good he was when was on the field.

It was obvious the talent was there when he took the field. You could see the ability, the pressures. Even in his injured season, he flashed raw ability prior to getting hurt.

He didn't have just one season where he flashed. He had multiple season's of looking like a premiere pass rusher.

It didn't parlay into statistical production because of injury. But the "film" doesn't lie.

The question going into last season was whether he could stay healthy. That was the ONLY question.

It's the only legitimate argument. Which is why i said LAST season, that if he plays the way we expect, it should parlay into a franchise tag. He needs to show some consistency regarding his health.

Play him on the tag and see if last season's HEALTH was an anomaly. If he's unable to stay healthy, you have your answer. Otherwise, the man is gonna get $$PAID$$.
Except it doesn't sound like they see a fit for him on this defense.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:20 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'll PM Chris Jones on FB and ask him to call Bell and Brett on 3 way
You are doing gods work
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:21 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The guy has had over a dozen serious injuries. B
Over a dozen SERIOUS injuries?

C'mon man how we suppose to take your arguments seriously knowing you're willing to dish out that kind of hyperbole?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:22 PM 03-12-2019
Ty
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:23 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Except it doesn't sound like they see a fit for him on this defense.
And that's fine. That's not my argument. If they don't think he fits, then so be it. But it's not because '18 was some anomaly.

They tagged him. Certainly they knew that if they didnt trade him, they'd have to keep him.

It could've been easier to release him, let him get $$PAID$$ and collect the comp pick next year.

But they kept him. So they must feel some type of way about him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 03-12-2019
Over a dozen SERIOUS injuries?

C'mon man how we suppose to take your arguments seriously knowing you're willing to dish out that kind of hyperbole?
He's had 3 knee injuries and 2 separate procedures on his back. That's five.

2 concussions that I can tell. A severe abdominal tear. There's 7.

There's other stuff that's a bit nebulous but if you go back through college, he's been injured pretty much every year since age 19.

It's called trying to get a point across, since nobody seems to care that the guy has no history of doing anything remotely close to doing what people seem to think he's going to do no problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 03-12-2019
And he wasn't excellent in 2016. He had 10 sacks in 9 games and then completely disappeared for the rest of the season. He had 3.5 of those sacks against 1 team. He had more games with 0 sacks in those 9 games than games with sacks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 03-12-2019
I'm not going to change my mind.
Well obviously.

I mean you're trying to state that it's inarguable that Ansah is a better football player. So clearly being open-minded with regards to Dee Ford ain't really your bag...
[Reply]
New World Order 03:26 PM 03-12-2019
Can you post his FB pic just to make sure you have the right Chris Jones?

Thank you!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 03-12-2019
And that's fine. That's not my argument. If they don't think he fits, then so be it. But it's not because '18 was some anomaly.

They tagged him. Certainly they knew that if they didnt trade him, they'd have to keep him.

It could've been easier to release him, let him get $$PAID$$ and collect the comp pick next year.

But they kept him. So they must feel some type of way about him.
No the anomaly would be him doing it again in 2019. That's ALWAYS been my argument.

And of course they tagged him. They're trying to trade him. They don't want to let him go for nothing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well obviously.

I mean you're trying to state that it's inarguable that Ansah is a better football player. So clearly being open-minded with regards to Dee Ford ain't really your bag...
As if anybody else here is open-minded about it either. :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:29 PM 03-12-2019
And he wasn't excellent in 2016. He had 10 sacks in 9 games and then completely disappeared for the rest of the season. He had 3.5 of those sacks against 1 team. He had more games with 0 sacks in those 9 games than games with sacks.
Is that uncommon or something?

"Sacks come in bunches" is an NFL cliche for a reason.

10 Sacks, regardless of where they came in the season, is still 10 sacks. Do you nitpick Ansah like that?

Does Mahomes only get credit for passing against top 10 Pass D's?

Do RB's only get credit for rushing against the best?

NFL stats don't work like that, you know it.

Very weak argument.
[Reply]
Page 383 of 791
« First < 283333373379380381382383 384385386387393433483 > Last »
Up