ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3811 of 4913
« First < 2811331137113761380138073808380938103811 381238133814381538213861391143114811 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
notorious 09:05 AM 01-12-2023
I find it hilarious that Denver fan thinks Walmart will throw mountains of money at coaches and players.

Waltons think lean and efficient.

They are used to using their muscle to badger smaller companies into succumbing to their price demands for product.

They are going to have a rude awakening when it comes to the NFL.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:17 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
I find it hilarious that Denver fan thinks Walmart will throw mountains of money at coaches and players.

They are used to using their muscle to badger smaller companies into succumbing to their price demands for product.

Yeah it’s gonna be great to watch them trim all the fat in the broncos organization. They’d start with WalRuss if the general hadnt botched his contract so delightfully
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:34 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I saw another ranking that listed Denver as the least desirable gig. I don’t get it. Top 5 roster, franchise QB, a savvy GM who never gets fleeced in trades, weak division opponents…

What gives?
Fat Russell is a rapidly declining 34 year old QB. He is a "franchise QB" in contract only.

Also the "top 5 roster" was the same bullshit that the so called experts threw around last offseason to justify why Denver was supposedly just a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender... their roster is overrated, especially on offense.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:41 AM 01-12-2023
These coaching pursuits are always fun. At the end of it all, neither Harbaugh nor Payton will be the next coach in Denver. The Broncos simply cannot afford to ship draft picks to the Saints. I've read comments where it would cost upwards of $20M a year for either and while it's not a cap hit and not my money, I just don't see it happening.

If they didn't have to give up the picks for Payton, sign me up. Harbaugh? I think he's leveraging for another big Michigan payday and really not sold on him as an NFL HC.

Denver will end up with Dan Quinn. Quinn had two strong seasons out of 5.5 years with ATL when Ryan and company were good. That's it, but he's going to get a 2nd chance and it will likely be Denver. They interviewed him last year and liked him.

I say that because I honestly don't think this new ownership group can take a chance on another first time head coach. Too many recent failures in Denver and across the league, they'll look to bring someone in that is on his 2nd or 3rd time as a head coach.

Guys like Lovie Smith and Caldwell... they're just not good HC material.

I'm sure they love Evero, but my guess is that he will want to start somewhere new and not follow Hackett considering he is 'tied' to Hackett. I'm not sure where I stand really with him in the HC role.

Morris? No thanks.

I'll be surprised if they go with a guy that is looking at his first time in the role again, but we'll find out soon.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:43 AM 01-12-2023

Who knows really. They know what they were getting into and it takes big $ to consistently compete and win. They have the family rivalry with the Rams ownership and you know they want a title and all that brings. It remains to be seen how they will manage a franchise vs their retail business.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:44 AM 01-12-2023
because you're stuck with WalRuss, and have no first round picks, it's the worst job in the NFL.

It's a terrible situation, an almost impossible one.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:45 AM 01-12-2023
I'm sure the empty seats was an eye opener. When it all comes down to it, it's money.
[Reply]
notorious 09:48 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Who knows really. They know what they were getting into and it takes big $ to consistently compete and win. They have the family rivalry with the Rams ownership and you know they want a title and all that brings. It remains to be seen how they will manage a franchise vs their retail business.
I think they'll be ok after years of learning. We have to remember, none of them earned a fucking thing, it was all handed to them on a silver platter.

Clark is the same way. He was born with a silver spoon up his ass. The difference is that his father brought him along and appears to have taught him how to run a franchise correctly.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:48 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
because you're stuck with WalRuss, and have no first round picks, it's the worst job in the NFL.

It's a terrible situation, an almost impossible one.
There really is no 'almost impossible' situation in pro sports.

Right now, they do have a R1 pick in 2023... they have no R2. And, in 2024, they're back to normal aside from the loss of a R4 pick.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:49 AM 01-12-2023
I think they'll be ok after years of learning. We have to remember, none of them earned a ****ing thing, it was all handed to them on a silver platter.

Clark is the same way. He was born with a silver spoon up his ass. The difference is that his father brought him along and appears to have taught him how to run a franchise correctly.
Oh they definitely have a lot to learn about running a franchise for sure.
[Reply]
TEX 09:51 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
These coaching pursuits are always fun. At the end of it all, neither Harbaugh nor Payton will be the next coach in Denver. The Broncos simply cannot afford to ship draft picks to the Saints. I've read comments where it would cost upwards of $20M a year for either and while it's not a cap hit and not my money, I just don't see it happening.

If they didn't have to give up the picks for Payton, sign me up. Harbaugh? I think he's leveraging for another big Michigan payday and really not sold on him as an NFL HC.

Denver will end up with Dan Quinn. Quinn had two strong seasons out of 5.5 years with ATL when Ryan and company were good. That's it, but he's going to get a 2nd chance and it will likely be Denver. They interviewed him last year and liked him.

I say that because I honestly don't think this new ownership group can take a chance on another first time head coach. Too many recent failures in Denver and across the league, they'll look to bring someone in that is on his 2nd or 3rd time as a head coach.

Guys like Lovie Smith and Caldwell... they're just not good HC material.

I'm sure they love Evero, but my guess is that he will want to start somewhere new and not follow Hackett considering he is 'tied' to Hackett. I'm not sure where I stand really with him in the HC role.

Morris? No thanks.

I'll be surprised if they go with a guy that is looking at his first time in the role again, but we'll find out soon.
Well HOLY SHIT, WE AGREE!!!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:51 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I'm sure the empty seats was an eye opener. When it all comes down to it, it's money.
Yeah. If only they had fired Hackett earlier, but it is what it is. I'm glad the seats were empty, that just doesn't happen in Denver and hopefully it was a wake up call for the new owners that expectations are always mile high in Denver. Realistic or not, fans hate losing.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:52 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Well HOLY SHIT, WE AGREE!!!
I guess these are the end times...
[Reply]
notorious 09:53 AM 01-12-2023

[Reply]
TEX 10:16 AM 01-12-2023
:-)
[Reply]
Page 3811 of 4913
« First < 2811331137113761380138073808380938103811 381238133814381538213861391143114811 > Last »
Up