[Reply]
RunKC 11:44 AM 06-10-2016
Originally Posted by RodInCanton:
Try again.
http://www.nfl.com/player/jayehoward/2533006/profile
Jaye Howard - 6.5 sacks in 37 games
http://www.nfl.com/player/allenbailey/2495116/profile
Allen Bailey - 11.5 sacks in 67 games.

One good thing about the internet is you can check stats people throw out there very quickly! And how much do you think not having Houston or Sean Smith will affect their numbers? People are acting like Denver is in such dire straits but I would argue the Chiefs have just as many question marks. Your defense lost two of their best players, the offense will try to re-incorporate an expensive RB w/ two blown out knees now, still don't have great receivers, avg o-line...
If I had to place money down I would put money on the Raiders to win the AFC West. That is only if I HAD to place money because we all know the Raiders will find a way to blow this like a $10 hooker - that is what they do.
Who cares what Jaye Howard or Allen Bailey did 3 years ago? They both bulked up since and developed (shocking I know!).
Wolfe was a better pass rusher then but anyone who actually watched these guys play last year realized that they had developed (key word here) into very good pass rushers and made a very similar pass rushing affect as Wolfe last season.
The Chiefs had only 5 less sacks than Denver playing the same schedule aside from 2 games. We were also without Justin Houston for 5 games. Maybe that's bc both of those guys provided a combined 11 sacks?

As for question marks, yes we do have some questions, specifically at G, #2 CB and OLB with Houston out.

Not sure who is saying we don't have any question marks.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:55 AM 06-10-2016
As for the divison, I'd say it is KC's to lose. Continuity, talent and results are the basis. 3 winning seasons, two 11 win seasons, prove we should have a winning record with 9 wins as the floor IMO.
I think it's fair to say 11 or 12 is a realistic goal.

Denver is starting over on offense. I don't expect a new QB to light the world on fire with a bad OL. Defense should really help them again though. Originally had Denver at 8 wins, but could see 9 if Lynch plays ( he probably will).

Oakland is the shiny new example of "offseason hype with no proof". They have consistently underachieved. Their coach gets outcoached a lot, Carr is TERRIBLE under pressure (I can't stress this enough), Cooper had a 20% drop rate and their OL is very overrated. The Chiefs had 10 sacks and a forced fumble in 2 games without Justin Houston. That says a lot.
I think they will win 9 games but still need time to build that continuity.

SD is a wild card and I have no clue what to think of them. Like their QB and weapons, but their OL is garbage. Like their pass rush duo (on paper) but their secondary is bad and their DC is really bad at making a gameplan (Chargers fans hate Pagano).
I wanna say 7 wins for them.

It will be close and fun this season, but I'm willing to bet the Denver/KC Xmas game will decide the division winner.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:03 PM 06-10-2016
This put them up 29-0...finished with a forearm to the head penalty by Ward. It's how a dirty team rolls...when getting humiliated in front of their fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hqoIaeYIXw
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:07 PM 06-10-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
As for the divison, I'd say it is KC's to lose. Continuity, talent and results are the basis. 3 winning seasons, two 11 win seasons, prove we should have a winning record with 9 wins as the floor IMO.
I think it's fair to say 11 or 12 is a realistic goal.

Denver is starting over on offense. I don't expect a new QB to light the world on fire with a bad OL. Defense should really help them again though. Originally had Denver at 8 wins, but could see 9 if Lynch plays ( he probably will).

Oakland is the shiny new example of "offseason hype with no proof". They have consistently underachieved. Their coach gets outcoached a lot, Carr is TERRIBLE under pressure (I can't stress this enough), Cooper had a 20% drop rate and their OL is very overrated. The Chiefs had 10 sacks and a forced fumble in 2 games without Justin Houston. That says a lot.
I think they will win 9 games but still need time to build that continuity.

SD is a wild card and I have no clue what to think of them. Like their QB and weapons, but their OL is garbage. Like their pass rush duo (on paper) but their secondary is bad and their DC is really bad at making a gameplan (Chargers fans hate Pagano).
I wanna say 7 wins for them.

It will be close and fun this season, but I'm willing to bet the Denver/KC Xmas game will decide the division winner.
I don't take issue with most of that... SD, they have talent and Rivers is solid, but they've been a mess for a while. At least it seems this way, how many would have guessed that since Rivers has been their QB (10 years) the Chargers have finished 1st or 2nd in the division 8 times... it just doesn't feel like they've been that consistently productive to me. Then again they were 8-8 and 7-9 in two of those 2nd place finishes - the division sucked.

Oakland, they're the team everyone expects to do something... and I think they'll make a strong push. The West is KC's to lose at this point, considering the changes in Denver. I think the Division will be wide open and a full race for the first half of the year with all 4 teams being in the hunt. Things will step back a bit as we get into November.

Injuries will dictate who falls.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:08 PM 06-10-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This put them up 29-0...finished with a forearm to the head penalty by Ward. It's how a dirty team rolls...when getting humiliated in front of their fans.
Solid play... and you see that forearm deal all the time, but paint it however you like.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:10 PM 06-10-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Solid play... and you see that forearm deal all the time, but paint it however you like.
I didn't paint anything...he got called for the unsportsmanlike penalty. Ward got toasted on that play...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:10 PM 06-10-2016
Since we're posting videos... just punt it and go for OT...

(deleted... apparently, the 4 videos are blocked from displaying)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:11 PM 06-10-2016
I didn't paint anything...he got called for the penalty.
Whew, that's a relief... see, they called that in Denver. Should make you smile.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:17 PM 06-10-2016
Whew, that's a relief... see, they called that in Denver. Should make you smile.
Just gives visual proof..along with Talib's eye gouge...as to why they are the leaders in cheating/dirty play...in NFL history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM5qKk2hlqo
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:23 PM 06-10-2016
http://articles.latimes.com/2006/aug.../sp-cheathow20

In a 1998 playoff game at Kansas City, Schlereth and his fellow linemen coated their arms and the backs of their jerseys in Vaseline. The Chiefs' defenders couldn't grab onto the slimy Broncos and quickly complained to officials. It was quite a scene, Schlereth recalls, as officials used towels on the sidelines to wipe down the oily visitors in a game Denver would ultimately win, 14-10, on its way to a Super Bowl triumph.

"Did I grease up my jersey, and use sticky substances on my gloves? You're damn right," Schlereth said recently. "What you call cheating is a fine line. It's an interesting line. What we did, in the locker room, is called being creative. Certain cheating is snickered at, or applauded."

"the slimy Broncos"...as the writer of this article accurately points out, had to resort to greasing their players jerseys...ON TOP OF cheating the cap in the same season. Interesting how the Broncos organization rationalize "cheating" as being creative and applaud it...I'm sure Madoff thought he was just being "creative" too.

Stay Classy...fake champions.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:39 PM 06-10-2016
You must be bored...
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:47 PM 06-10-2016
You must be bored...
You must hate the truth...
[Reply]
Codered 12:48 PM 06-10-2016
I am all for Broncos smack, but pulling out the 1998 smack?
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:51 PM 06-10-2016
Originally Posted by Codered:
I am all for Broncos smack, but pulling out the 1998 smack?
Your fraud of a GM/franchise has his legacy built on deceit and foul play.

Facts are facts...and Elway never won a legitimate SB as a player. He actually was a raging failure on the biggest stage...with some of the biggest lop-sided losses to his name. They had to resort to hiding Davis and his own salary + greasing jerseys to finally not embarrass themselves.

They robbed, financially, not only KC's community but several other AFC cities at the chance of a legitimate title. Fuck them...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:51 PM 06-10-2016
You must hate the truth...
No, the truth shall set you free and I am free.
[Reply]
Page 380 of 4905
« First < 280330370376377378379380 3813823833843904304808801380 > Last »
Up