Page 380 of 449
« First < 280330370376377378379380 381382383384390430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:46 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Lol when have Clark and okafor slowed down the run? We're 32nd in ypc allowed.
We are 24th in yards allowed for rushing
[Reply]
BWillie 08:47 PM 09-24-2019
Lol when have Clark and okafor slowed down the run? We're 32nd in ypc allowed.
Sshhhh. You can't use unbiased logic if it is not in favor of the Chueefs.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:52 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Sshhhh. You can't use unbiased logic if it is not in favor of the Chueefs.
Well, it helps to know what the fuck you're talking about, which both you and King frequently never fucking do.

We're 27th for yards rushing per game allowed :

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...yards-per-game

I'll never forget your "Hardman was a wasted first round pick" statement.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:54 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Well, it helps to know what the **** you're talking about, which both you and King frequently never ****ing do.

You can't let that go can you? I never said he was going to be bad. I just felt like we should have went a different direction. I still do. We should have drafted a corner. I even mentioned that it's almost impossible for a fast WR to not be productive in this offense. I apologize that I misspoke and said first round pick instead of the chiefs first pick.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:03 PM 09-24-2019
You can't let that go can you? I never said he was going to be bad. I just felt like we should have went a different direction. I still do. We should have drafted a corner. I even mentioned that it's almost impossible for a fast WR to not be productive in this offense. I apologize that I misspoke and said first round pick instead of the chiefs first pick.
Right. He was a second rounder. And given what was still available, it was the correct choice to move up in the 2nd and grab him. If there had been a corner left worth drafting, then Veach would've drafted a corner. He even said "once all the top rated corners were gone, we made sure we got the highest rated player left on our board."

So, yes, you were wrong about Hardman being a 1st rounder, and you were wrong about the pick being wasted...AND you were wrong by thinking they should've reached on a JAG corner. THAT would've been a wasted pick.

Basically, you were totally wrong, in every single way possible.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:05 PM 09-24-2019
Right. He was a second rounder. And given what was still available, it was the correct choice to move up in the 2nd and grab him. If there had been a corner left worth drafting, then Veach would've drafted a corner. He even said "once all the top rated corners were gone, we made sure we got the highest rated player left on our board."

So, yes, you were wrong about Hardman being a 1st rounder, and you were wrong about the pick being wasted...AND you were wrong by thinking they should've reached on a JAG corner. THAT would've been a wasted pick.

Basically, you were totally wrong, in every single way possible.
Don't kid your self RabbleRabble, the Chiefs wouldn't have drafted a WR second round if the Tyreek Hill saga wasn't so murky. Knowing what they know now I guarantee you they wouldn't have drafted a WR. You really place alot of stock in GM & coach speak, I guess.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:15 PM 09-24-2019
Don't kid your self RabbleRabble, the Chiefs wouldn't have drafted a WR second round if the Tyreek Hill saga wasn't so murky. Knowing what they know now I guarantee you they wouldn't have drafted a WR. You really place alot of stock in GM & coach speak, I guess.
There was literally no one better left.

Lonnie Johnson went to Houston at #54...we traded up to get Mecole at #56...
We took Thornhill at #63, and there was not another CB drafted between #54 and #79 when the Rams took David Fucking Long, from Michigan.

Because the corners were GONE.

That's not 'GM & coachspeak', ya fucking dummy - it's WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
[Reply]
-King- 09:23 PM 09-24-2019
Well, it helps to know what the fuck you're talking about, which both you and King frequently never fucking do.

I don't get how pointing out we're bottom 5 in rushing yards allowed helps your case but ok lol.

Edit: oh I get it, you don't know what ypc is.

Ypc is yards per carry. The current are currently allowing 6.2 yards per carry. Almost a full yard more than the 31st ranked team. So yeah in addition to being 32nd in ypc allowed, they are 27th in yards per game allowed. That's fucking abysmal.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:34 PM 09-24-2019
I don't get how pointing out we're bottom 5 in rushing yards allowed helps your case but ok lol.
I didn't know I was trying to make a case.

We're bottom 5 because we've had the lead for all 3 games except for one quarter each against Raiders and Ravens and have been playing coverage expecting teams to pass, which has left some rushing lanes open.

Other than that...no point to make. Ravens ran the ball on us, and it needs to get shored up.

But if they're running when we have 2 and 3 score leads, then good, let that clock run...
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:42 PM 09-24-2019

Edit: oh I get it, you don't know what ypc is.

Ypc is yards per carry. The current are currently allowing 6.2 yards per carry. Almost a full yard more than the 31st ranked team. So yeah in addition to being 32nd in ypc allowed, they are 27th in yards per game allowed. That's ****ing abysmal.
Just to play devil's advocate, what was your superior solution to allay our rush defense woes?

Who would you have swapped out for Hardman and Thornhill?

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered
[Reply]
-King- 09:57 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Just to play devil's advocate, what was your superior solution to allay our rush defense woes?

Who would you have swapped out for Hardman and Thornhill?

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered
I don't know. Don't follow college football enough to know the best run stopping DTs and Linebackers.

The point is still that Okafor and Clark haven't improved the run defense like that post I quoted implied. We're 27th in rushing yards allowed and 32nd in yards per carry allowed.
[Reply]
-King- 10:00 PM 09-24-2019
I didn't know I was trying to make a case.

We're bottom 5 because we've had the lead for all 3 games except for one quarter each against Raiders and Ravens and have been playing coverage expecting teams to pass, which has left some rushing lanes open.

Other than that...no point to make. Ravens ran the ball on us, and it needs to get shored up.

But if they're running when we have 2 and 3 score leads, then good, let that clock run...
That literally makes no sense. The fact that teams are using their running game to come back from leads is a terrible problem to have and is indicative of how bad our run defense really is. I've never heard someone use having a big lead as the reason another team decided to RUN the football rather than pass it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 PM 09-24-2019
Which corner were they going to take? As was pointed out, there weren't really any decent ones available.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:05 PM 09-24-2019
That literally makes no sense. The fact that teams are using their running game to come back from leads is a terrible problem to have and is indicative of how bad our run defense really is. I've never heard someone use having a big lead as the reason another team decided to RUN the football rather than pass it.
The Ravens decided to run it vs. pass it because Jackson was terrible. The Raiders did pass it and Carr turned the ball over.

The defense is bad against the run because, right now, it's bad against the run. It's still not as bad as it was last year. You can't just look at YPC - they've only played 3 games and given up a 51-yard run. They had several stops on Sunday that they never got last year.
[Reply]
-King- 10:16 PM 09-24-2019
Well the lions are averaging under 100 yards per game this year rushing and have been one of the worst rushing teams this decade so if there's a game for the defense to get their confidence and get shit on track, it's this one.
[Reply]
Page 380 of 449
« First < 280330370376377378379380 381382383384390430 > Last »
Up