ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 101
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:06 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Vegas doesn’t seem bothered by the Chiefs streak of recent close victories with that -10 point-spread.
I don't think most people realize that most of our recent games have been double-digit leads with 5 minutes left to go. Andy's just been an expert clock milker this year.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 12:11 PM 01-12-2021
real question for the chiefs fans what about the raiders gave the chiefs trouble this year. they dont have a ton of talent but they played the chiefs tough this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:13 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I don't recall if KC had some pull and sway on where he went, but if they did this is Andy saying he should shut the fuck up and be grateful, asshole.
KC didn't have any say but Dorsey's connection to KC probably had a lot to do with the Hunt signing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 01-12-2021
Vegas doesn’t seem bothered by the Chiefs streak of recent close victories with that -10 point-spread.
My gut says it's mostly about CLE D not having answers for Mahomes escaping the pocket, Hill's speed, Kelce exploiting their LBs, Watkins doing evil to any CB they have not named Ward, etc.

Their secondary simply doesn't match-up well against KC's offense, and we just watched a bad Big Ben with a noodle arm throw for 500+ and 4 TDs on these guys. In basically just 3 quarters.

If Ben, who's a shadow of his former self, can chuck it for 5 bills and 4 TDs, what's Mahomes going to do? With the fastest WR, best TE in the game? Sammy, Hardman, DRob, and an actual run game? 600? 700? 7 Tds? 8 Tds?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:14 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
real question for the chiefs fans what about the raiders gave the chiefs trouble this year. they dont have a ton of talent but they played the chiefs tough this year.
The formula to beat the Chiefs offense:

1. Get consistent pressure on Mahomes with your front four
2. Have a secondary who can hold up in man coverage

The Raiders and Chargers have both built their teams with that in mind.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 12:15 PM 01-12-2021
Its such a boring narrative. How many games did the teams actually have a chance to beat us? Maybe 2?

Also, the reasons some of the games are quite close was because we had a tough schedule and were playing tough teams at their place.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:16 PM 01-12-2021
Tendencies.

The Raiders usually run a very horizontal west coast offense with Jacobs and Carr, lot's of short passing, lots of TE stuff, heavy dose of RB's. They've played us that way for most of Carr's career.

In that game, the Chiefs mistakenly assumed that they would do it again and instead they put Agholor and Ruggs out on the edges and took the top off of KC's defense. KC just simply got out-coached.

The Raiders have also built their roster specifically to combat some of the things the Chiefs display in their own tendencies. It's part of playing twice a year.

Not likely to factor in this Sunday.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 12:16 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The formula to beat the Chiefs offense:

1. Get consistent pressure on Mahomes with your front four
2. Have a secondary who can hold up in man coverage

The Raiders and Chargers have both built their teams with that in mind.
And go for it on nearly every 4th down and take chances like the Panthers did. You have to score on most drives and when you get into our half you have to score 7 not 3.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:16 PM 01-12-2021

[Reply]
eastsidedawg 12:17 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
My gut says it's mostly about CLE D not having answers for Mahomes escaping the pocket, Hill's speed, Kelce exploiting their LBs, Watkins doing evil to any CB they have not named Ward, etc.

Their secondary simply doesn't match-up well against KC's offense, and we just watched a bad Big Ben with a noodle arm throw for 500+ and 4 TDs on these guys. In basically just 3 quarters.

If Ben, who's a shadow of his former self, can chuck it for 5 bills and 4 TDs, what's Mahomes going to do? With the fastest WR, best TE in the game? Sammy, Hardman, DRob, and an actual run game? 600? 700? 7 Tds? 8 Tds?
that's a little unfair they were in prevent D by the start of the 2nd qtr.

they were playing 2 practice squad CBs didnt want them to get thrown over there head.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:18 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
No. Look at the eagles for example. I am still scratching my head about why they didn't design ways to get Wentz out of the pocket where he started to become a sitting duck. The way they use baker reminds me a lot of how Shanahan used to use Jake plummer except baker has much more talent. You can roll him left of right and he throws a pretty good ball in either direction. As I've said before, I feel like baker has mostly thrived under Stefanski off that script or improvising on the scramble drill.
No to what? We're talking about rushing attacks and you're mentioning how the Eagles don't move Wentz out of the pocket lol idk how it relates the topic at hand.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No. It actually doesn't.

Definition of conventional

- according with, sanctioned by, or based on convention
- lacking originality or individuality
- ORDINARY, COMMONPLACE

The Cleveland Browns running game is NONE of those things. Their running game is unlike all but 3 or 4 other teams in the league. You see "running game" and think conventional. It isn't. You're wrong.
This conversation's going nowhere. I've tried explaining it to you. I've got the Browns fan who agrees. There's not much more I can do.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:21 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't think most people realize that most of our recent games have been double-digit leads with 5 minutes left to go. Andy's just been an expert clock milker this year.
I looked it up to see exactly what the scores were going into the Fourth of our last 4 games before Atlanta

Las Vegas - 21-17 after 3 (up 4)
Tampa - 27-10 After 3 (up 17)
Denver - 19-13 after 3 (up 6)
Miami - 30-10 (up 20)
New Orleans - 21-15 (up 6)

We take our foot off the gas, that's what Andy always does. The whole winning close games narrative is just simply a lazy take. We had comfortable leads against a few playoff contenders and major threats in the NFC at the end of the year. And of course division games have the potential to always close, so Las Vegas and Denver are different animals.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
No to what? We're talking about rushing attacks and you're mentioning how the Eagles don't move Wentz out of the pocket lol idk how it relates the topic at hand.

This conversation's going nowhere. I've tried explaining it to you. I've got the Browns fan who agrees. There's not much more I can do.
And I've got a friend who is an offensive line assistant at the University of Iowa that I talk to about stuff like this. I absolutely know what I'm talking about.

There isn't much more you can do, other than admit you're wrong.
[Reply]
TEX 12:28 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Its such a boring narrative. How many games did the teams actually have a chance to beat us? Maybe 2?

Also, the reasons some of the games are quite close was because we had a tough schedule and were playing tough teams at their place.
Exactly. Look at the teams still in the Playoffs. KC beat BALT, TB, NO, BUFF - ALL on the road. In most cases, KC got up by big and coasted.

I'd bet no other team can say the same.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:28 PM 01-12-2021
i think browns fans are just happy to be here with a shot. the last 3 weeks have been terrible. with most of the coaching staff and 15+ players getting covid.

the browns are a year a way from being a real contender. the whole starting secondary has been injured or out most of the year it should be greedy williams, denzel ward, grant delpit and ronnie harrison.

they have been playing backups and practice squad players back there most of the year.
Welcome. And congrats to the Browns for making it into the playoffs. :-)

Not that it matters today, but I have CLE being a real contender in two seasons. Gotta get your secondary healthy, probably need to upgrade a S, but definitely have to upgrade at LB. This assumes that you get Vernon back (who I thought was playing some pretty good football before he got hurt).

As it stands today, I don't see how CLE defends Kelce. Your defense doesn't seem to have the horses to take him away, or even slow him down much, unless they just tackle him at the LoS. And then I don't see how they hold down both Hill and Watkins. Take away Hill with a double, and Watkins does whatever he wants underneath singled up is not going to go well. Throw Hardman in there, and who do you have to cover him 1v1?

Play some version of zone, and Hill, Kelce, and Watkins will get open all day.

Heck, we all saw PIT's receivers get open on nearly every play, but Ben wasn't capable of delivering the ball until the second half.

I know Joe Woods kind of went conservative from about the second quarter on, and for good reason, but no version of what he did on Sunday is going to slow down Mahomes and the Legion of Zoom, as some like to call them.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 101
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Up